UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

Kory Falite Named Semi-Finalist for Walter Brown Award.
    http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...020110aaa.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
      On a Saturday that would be good but on a Friday night the extra couple of miles on 93 will be slow, not to mention 110 from Methuen to Lowell.

Why are we giving good directions to a BU fan?
      On Friday night the back up to go over that Bridge goes back about 1/4 mile on 133 before the light at the 133/38 intersection. The 110 traffic isn't that bad coming into Lowell and the traffic breaks after 495 on 93. Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Don't forget to get there early Friday night.
        Do you know what players will be signing autographs? I dragged my friend, Justine, to a bunch of games last year and she became a huge Schaus fan.

Fridays ticket has a picture of Nick on it so it would be great to get his autograph on it for her.
        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          On Friday night the back up to go over that Bridge goes back about 1/4 mile on 133 before the light at the 133/38 intersection. The 110 traffic isn't that bad coming into Lowell and the traffic breaks after 495 on 93. Just sayin'
          I'll take my chances . If the traffic is backed up I'll head into downtown Lowell and end up on Prescott St.
          Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Do you know what players will be signing autographs?
            No idea.

Don't forget, it's a White-Out Friday night.
            http://www.goriverhawks.com/

Comment

Do you know what players will be signing autographs? I dragged my friend, Justine, to a bunch of games last year and she became a huge Schaus fan.

Fridays ticket has a picture of Nick on it so it would be great to get his autograph on it for her.
              See yr rep. Let me know and I will try to arrange.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                No idea.

Don't forget, it's a White-Out Friday night.
                http://www.goriverhawks.com/
                Are you going to wear white? I'll be wearing a white t-shirt so I guess that will count!

Seriously, the BU game is huge. Lowell should have won the 1st meeting this season. Of all the home games that one ticks me off.
                Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Seriously, the BU game is huge. Lowell should have won the 1st meeting this season. Of all the home games that one ticks me off.
                  They're all huge going forward, the Hawks need to take advantage of home ice. This game scares me, which BU team will show up Friday night? I assume they'll be flying high after a Beanpot win tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    See yr rep. Let me know and I will try to arrange.
                    Lil knows to look for you after. He could get a sig, I think.

Comment

There's no point to worry about BU when we have to worry about our own team... If they are good as they claim then the should be able to come out and perform as such.
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Barry Goers has been nominated for the 2010 BNY Mellon Wealth Management Hockey Humanitarian Award.
                        http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...nNominees.html

Comment

Look at the News tab to see the detour http://www.paultsongasarena.com/

I'm in Stoneham so I will take 93 North to 133 West. When I get to Lowell I take a right (Route 38/110) and go over the river.

Once you get on the other side of the river you can either take a left at the 1st set of lights (Bridge St) or the 3rd set of lights (Aiken St).

If you take Bridge St simply take a right onto French St and the Arena will be a couple of blocks up on the right. If you take the Aiken St bridge I'm sure you will know where you are.
                          Another alternative if you don't like Route 93 on a Friday night (because of the lane drops), take route 3 north to exit 32. At the top of the ramp, take a right into Drum Hill. Follow this road through 5 sets of lights and then go over the Rourke bridge. take a right at the end of the bridge and follow this road until you pass the UMass Lowell Campus AND athletic fields (on your left). Take your next right back over a bridge (Top Dounut will be on your left). This is Aiken St. Take your second left and follow directly to the arena.

Comment

From the Lowell Sun: Arena deal to be finalized on Friday.
                            UMass Lowell, city closing arena deal on Friday
                            BOSTON -- The final piece of the deal needed to transfer ownership of the Tsongas Arena to UMass Lowell is in place, clearing the way for a grand reopening later this week.

Gov. Deval Patrick yesterday signed legislation that allows the Civic Arena and Stadium Commission to transfer ownership of the financially strapped arena to UMass in a deal that includes several land swaps and will take the arena off the city's books.

UMass Lowell officials plan to close on the financing Friday, in time for a ceremony that night to unveil the new Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell before the River hawks take on the Boston University Terriers.

The arena, also home to the AHL's Lowell Devils, posted a deficit off $1.2 million for fiscal 2009, despite staff and expense cuts. The arena carried an additional $360,000 in debt service in fiscal 2009.

UMass officials believe they can put the arena on solid financial footing by using it to attract a variety of events, while serving as a recruiting tool for prospective students.

The bill allows for a new authority called the Lowell Civic Stadium Commission to transfer ownership of the Tsongas Arena to the UMass Building Authority, while remaining involved in the oversight of the city-owned LeLacheur Park. The new commission is given the power to transfer all liquor licenses to the university.

UMass Lowell has agreed to buy the arena for $1, while the city has agreed to pay the remaining debt from construction. The university will also take ownership of land adjacent to the arena.
                            In return, UMass has agreed to finance $5 million in improvements to the arena , and will turn over a vacant, four-acre parcel on Pawtucket Boulevard to the city.

Comment

Look at the News tab to see the detour http://www.paultsongasarena.com/

I'm in Stoneham so I will take 93 North to 133 West. When I get to Lowell I take a right (Route 38/110) and go over the river.

Once you get on the other side of the river you can either take a left at the 1st set of lights (Bridge St) or the 3rd set of lights (Aiken St).

If you take Bridge St simply take a right onto French St and the Arena will be a couple of blocks up on the right. If you take the Aiken St bridge I'm sure you will know where you are.
                              Thanks - this is helpful!! I usually come in on 110 to Bridge Street anyway. If necessary, I'll go down to Aiken.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Thanks - this is helpful!! I usually come in on 110 to Bridge Street anyway. If necessary, I'll go down to Aiken.
                                Going to Aiken wipes out a bunch of traffic and lets you come in the back way. I never go Bridge st.

Comment

Working...
                                X