Clear All

• pairwise question Miami v Bemidji

Bemidji State vs Miami
    .5546 0 RPI 1 .5869
    2-1-1 .6250 0 TUC 0 .8235 12-1-4
    4-1-2 .7143 1 COp 0 .6875 5-2-1
    1-0-0 1 H2H 0 0-1-0
    2 TOT 1

Why isn't Miami awarded a point for the TUC matchup (and hence the comparison based on the RPI tie breaker) ? 12-1-4 > 2-1-1

Re: pairwise question Miami v Bemidji

IIRC, a team must have at least 10 games vs TUCs for the comparison to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
      correct. and it may be a bit difficult for bemidji to reach the 10 game mark, so the cop number is going to be critically important for miami in that pair.
      time to write new history

Comment

I will say this: any PWR question, direct it to Bakunin. He's one of those guys who can calculate the "rankings" in his head as the results of the games come in, come crunch time.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Lucky guess.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Lucky guess.
            The question hit two pipes before bouncing out.

Brent: I'm not as up on the pairwise as I used to be - about all I can say now is that the WCHA is very likely to get five teams into the tournament due to their non-conference record this season. Whether or not the conference manages to get six into the field will depend on whether or not a bubble team can make some noise in the playoffs again like UMD did last season.

Comment

The question hit two pipes before bouncing out.

Brent: I'm not as up on the pairwise as I used to be - about all I can say now is that the WCHA is very likely to get five teams into the tournament due to their non-conference record this season. Whether or not the conference manages to get six into the field will depend on whether or not a bubble team can make some noise in the playoffs again like UMD did last season.
              And all I'm saying is that it's JANUARY and you already have this figured out.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Bemidji will lose the comparison once March rolls around and they get hit for not playing a good enough schedule. One year away though, I bet they're all pumped in Beaver-land to start playing with the big kids.

Comment

wrong...the pairwise took out the "penalty" for beating a "poor" team. So as long as a team keeps winning...they will stay high in the pairwise. But, a loss to a ""poor" team (like BSU's loss at Niagara Friday night) will drop you a long ways (#4 to #11) in the Pairwise.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockey View Post
                    wrong...the pairwise took out the "penalty" for beating a "poor" team. So as long as a team keeps winning...they will stay high in the pairwise. But, a loss to a ""poor" team (like BSU's loss at Niagara Friday night) will drop you a long ways (#4 to #11) in the Pairwise.
                    its only done on a one-off basis. BSU plays too many "poor" teams and they don't have a good enough record to have those teams dumped away. That's what I recall as principle, I don't know what the current RPI looks like and how many teams have been off-loaded.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      Bemidji will lose the comparison once March rolls around and they get hit for not playing a good enough schedule. One year away though, I bet they're all pumped in Beaver-land to start playing with the big kids.
                      not true, the only thing "playing a poor schedule" will affect is RPI, which miami already leads. if bemidji doesnt reach 10 tuc's, the stat is just thrown out and no point is awarded. the sweep by rmu is hurting miami big time right now and they need to root for them to get a W or two vs bemidji to even out cop.
                      time to write new history

Comment

I meant Tucs. Not losing points by beating up on bad teams

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20100119...dforsimplemath

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I will say this: any PWR question, direct it to Bakunin. He's one of those guys who can calculate the "rankings" in his head as the results of the games come in, come crunch time.
                            He's not the only one.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

So what you're saying is that Scooby may or may not be a monkey.

Comment

Working...
                              X