Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All right fine, I'll start this - BU @ BC 1/22/10

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    The hurricanes draw good crowds. Lots of northerners relocate to Raleigh.
    sure, once they got past the consistently half-full stadium for a few years and when they made the run to the cup (which they had the balls to bring back to CT to show off ) people came and said, 'Hey, y'all look! There's ice outside our dog'gone freezer! Now if only we cud get them chickens and cows to stake around -- or is it skate?'
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
      Thanks again to BCWHSFJ for the reminder. Even if you're not up to it -- throw a dart, spin the spinner, whatever; we know Jersey Shore is on, you don't have to kill yourself -- there's a handy reservoir of insults out there, easily accessible.
      There's gonna be a situation tonight

Love this thread. See you all tonight.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
        They took rr jeeeeerrrrrrbbbbssssss!

We've actually got a BU/BC doubleheader this week with Coakley/Brown as round 1.
        Let's hope this round goes better for BU and the boys have a better game plan than Chokely. Crushing BC tonight would make the Scott Brown nightmare a little more bearable this week.

Comment

For anyone not going, we'll be live blogging.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by ComoSeDiceHockey View Post
            Let's hope this round goes better for BU and the boys have a better game plan than Chokely. Crushing BC tonight would make the Scott Brown nightmare a little more bearable this week.
            You're having a pretty tough week in the middle of an even tougher season, eh?
            Sucks to BU
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              Sucks to BU
              YOU DID NOT JUST GO THERE
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by ComoSeDiceHockey View Post
                Be sure to bring the supply of pucks for tonight's game. Just don't put them in the Conte freezer. Wouldn't want them frozen pucks bouncing all over the place!!! Hahahahahahahahaha.
                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 01-22-2010, 01:48 PM.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Be sure to bring the supply of pucks for tonight's game. Just don't put them in the Conte freezer. Wouldn't want them frozen pucks bouncing all over the place!!! Hahahahahahahahaha.
                  But will we need to worry about the fog????? What about the fog????

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    A few alternative ideas have been floated. Most notably... build the baseball field around the crypt so it lies just beyond the RF fence and the crypt can be used as the visiting team's bullpen sitting area. Cardinal O'Connell will be the honorary bullpen coach - a modern day Weekend at Bernie's. But really they want to keep him there so his positive spirit can guide the baseball team to victory. FSU and GaTech will have no chance on this new field with him helping out in strange ways. Think BC baseball's own ghosts of Notre Dame field type thing.
                    You guys can do better than that. Instead of that "Touchdown Jesus" thingy that Notre Dame has going on, how about propping up a real life (well...you know what I mean) Cardinal in the end zone, complete with his hands raised high in the air to signal a TD? Talk about unsettling for the visiting team. BC can throw long bombs all day while their foes refuse to back up beyond their own 40 yard line as they get creeped out by coming too close to his Holiness.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I've only been posting here for a year and I feel like BU/BC threads used to be about insulting each other and irrationally comparing academic statistics...

All we do now is hurl sarcastic jabs at each other and joke about how ridiculous BU/BC threads are... While I really enjoyed the ridiculousness that was this thread (it received multiple nods in the HoF thread)... what happened to the intensity that led to users being banned?

All I want, is for us to stop pretending and go back to hating each other already.

Where's SteveF to comment on this post?
                      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                        what happened to the intensity that led to users being banned?
                        There's so much to say and so little time....

Let's just say this board has softened up considerably. It's the chicken and the egg issue here. The majority of the people here now are flat out awful at this stuff. Whether or not that is the result of the admins turning this place into Oprah's reading club or vice versa is debatable. Basically this place is like Bushwood Country Club in Caddyshack II now. It was respectable (and fun - the flamewars were out of this world entertaining) and now it's just a laughable joke because the people with the power want it to be this way and haven't really realized how badly they ruined things. Of course, some people would say it is a reverse of Caddyshack II but it is a somewhat poetic argument given the nature of the chicken/egg situation outlined above.

What this really means is that bobo and Chuck Murray and Hankwp are missed.
                        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 01-22-2010, 02:58 PM.
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          You're having a pretty tough week in the middle of an even tougher season, eh?
                          Sucks to BU
                          No, it doesn't suck to have won at Fenway.
                          We'll win the BUpot again this year.
                          Hopefully we'll get BC in the HE quarters (4 wins out of the last 6). Should be an easy road to the semis.

It actually doesn't suck. Things are looking pretty good.

Comment

Like I was saying... the newer posters here are awful.

Comment

All I want, is for us to stop pretending and go back to hating each other already.
                              Um... I hate you bu fans more than anything else in this world. As long as you know your place and recognize your inferiority, I won't incite anything.

And I'm 100% serious.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I've only been posting here for a year and I feel like BU/BC threads used to be about insulting each other and irrationally comparing academic statistics...

All we do now is hurl sarcastic jabs at each other and joke about how ridiculous BU/BC threads are... While I really enjoyed the ridiculousness that was this thread (it received multiple nods in the HoF thread)... what happened to the intensity that led to users being banned?

Where's SteveF to comment on this post?
                                OK, I'll volunteer start. I promise to hate Nick P. I'll do it forever if that's what it takes.

Comment

Working...
                                X