View Full Version : All right fine, I'll start this - BU @ BC 1/22/10

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Federal League
01-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Sucks to BU

YOU DID NOT JUST GO THERE

Nick Papagiorgio
01-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Let's hope this round goes better for BU and the boys have a better game plan than Chokely. Crushing BC tonight would make the Scott Brown nightmare a little more bearable this week.

Be sure to bring the supply of pucks for tonight's game. Just don't put them in the Conte freezer. Wouldn't want them frozen pucks bouncing all over the place!!! Hahahahahahahahaha.

Scarlet
01-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Be sure to bring the supply of pucks for tonight's game. Just don't put them in the Conte freezer. Wouldn't want them frozen pucks bouncing all over the place!!! Hahahahahahahahaha.

But will we need to worry about the fog????? What about the fog???? :)

Rover
01-22-2010, 02:08 PM
A few alternative ideas have been floated. Most notably... build the baseball field around the crypt so it lies just beyond the RF fence and the crypt can be used as the visiting team's bullpen sitting area. Cardinal O'Connell will be the honorary bullpen coach - a modern day Weekend at Bernie's. But really they want to keep him there so his positive spirit can guide the baseball team to victory. FSU and GaTech will have no chance on this new field with him helping out in strange ways. Think BC baseball's own ghosts of Notre Dame field type thing.

You guys can do better than that. Instead of that "Touchdown Jesus" thingy that Notre Dame has going on, how about propping up a real life (well...you know what I mean) Cardinal in the end zone, complete with his hands raised high in the air to signal a TD? Talk about unsettling for the visiting team. :eek: BC can throw long bombs all day while their foes refuse to back up beyond their own 40 yard line as they get creeped out by coming too close to his Holiness. :D :cool:

quiddlet
01-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I've only been posting here for a year and I feel like BU/BC threads used to be about insulting each other and irrationally comparing academic statistics...

All we do now is hurl sarcastic jabs at each other and joke about how ridiculous BU/BC threads are... While I really enjoyed the ridiculousness that was this thread (http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=83565&page=48) (it received multiple nods in the HoF thread)... what happened to the intensity that led to users being banned?

All I want, is for us to stop pretending and go back to hating each other already.

Where's SteveF to comment on this post?

Nick Papagiorgio
01-22-2010, 02:55 PM
what happened to the intensity that led to users being banned?

There's so much to say and so little time....

Let's just say this board has softened up considerably. It's the chicken and the egg issue here. The majority of the people here now are flat out awful at this stuff. Whether or not that is the result of the admins turning this place into Oprah's reading club or vice versa is debatable. Basically this place is like Bushwood Country Club in Caddyshack II now. It was respectable (and fun - the flamewars were out of this world entertaining) and now it's just a laughable joke because the people with the power want it to be this way and haven't really realized how badly they ruined things. Of course, some people would say it is a reverse of Caddyshack II but it is a somewhat poetic argument given the nature of the chicken/egg situation outlined above.

What this really means is that bobo and Chuck Murray and Hankwp are missed.

ComoSeDiceHockey
01-22-2010, 03:21 PM
You're having a pretty tough week in the middle of an even tougher season, eh?
Sucks to BU :p

No, it doesn't suck to have won at Fenway.
We'll win the BUpot again this year.
Hopefully we'll get BC in the HE quarters (4 wins out of the last 6). Should be an easy road to the semis.

It actually doesn't suck. Things are looking pretty good.

Nick Papagiorgio
01-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Like I was saying... the newer posters here are awful.

TonyTheTiger20
01-22-2010, 03:56 PM
All I want, is for us to stop pretending and go back to hating each other already.
Um... I hate you bu fans more than anything else in this world. As long as you know your place and recognize your inferiority, I won't incite anything.

And I'm 100% serious.

ComoSeDiceHockey
01-22-2010, 03:57 PM
I've only been posting here for a year and I feel like BU/BC threads used to be about insulting each other and irrationally comparing academic statistics...

All we do now is hurl sarcastic jabs at each other and joke about how ridiculous BU/BC threads are... While I really enjoyed the ridiculousness that was this thread (http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=83565&page=48) (it received multiple nods in the HoF thread)... what happened to the intensity that led to users being banned?

Where's SteveF to comment on this post?

OK, I'll volunteer start. I promise to hate Nick P. I'll do it forever if that's what it takes.

25 N Countin'
01-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Um, no. Gionta left as a Free Agent. Apparently he's such an awful and overrated player that the Canadiens saw fit to lavish a $20 Million contract on him.

I was so happy Montreal gave him that contract. Nothing like smart cap spending.

quiddlet
01-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Like I was saying... the newer posters here are awful.

Really though... who is that guy?

Um... I hate you bu fans more than anything else in this world. As long as you know your place and recognize your inferiority, I won't incite anything.

And I'm 100% serious.

Here we go... I don't recognize my inferiority...

I missed the part of my education where I learned 3 was in fact more than 5.

ComoSeDiceHockey
01-22-2010, 04:33 PM

And I'm 100% serious.

BC fans are the Curt Schilling of college hockey. They falsely believe that a few moments of athletic success years ago equals the ability to form an intelligent thought, and that people actually care what they have to say. Like Schilling, any memory or admiration of past athletic accomplishments is diminished every time they open their mouths, because what comes out is so utterly stupid.

TonyTheTiger20
01-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I missed the part of my education where I learned 3 was in fact more than 5.If you want to talk numbers, we can discuss the relevance of #16 versus #342.

BC fans are the Curt Schilling of college hockey. They falsely believe that a few moments of athletic success years ago equals the ability to form an intelligent thought, and that people actually care what they have to say.
No, no, no... we believe that academic superiority equals the ability to form an intelligent thought. The athletic superiority is really just a bonus.

slurpees
01-22-2010, 05:01 PM
For Carmine:

http://i200.***********.com/albums/aa37/fitch256/carmine.jpg

Eaglefan06
01-22-2010, 05:09 PM
BC fans are the Curt Schilling of college hockey. They falsely believe that a few moments of athletic success years ago equals the ability to form an intelligent thought, and that people actually care what they have to say. Like Schilling, any memory or admiration of past athletic accomplishments is diminished every time they open their mouths, because what comes out is so utterly stupid.

The irony of this post.

Anyway, remember that time BU had a football program and could actually talk about having a real athletics program? Soon enough BU hockey will be the only sport at the school, pretty embarassing.

mookie1995
01-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Let's hope this round goes better for BU and the boys have a better game plan than Chokely. Crushing BC tonight would make the Scott Brown nightmare a little more bearable this week.

lil' rover?

Chris_NH
01-22-2010, 08:15 PM
I hope BC brought a bunch of wrapping paper to the rink tonight; they've been giving out gifts all night. It's thoroughly discouraging, but kudos to BU for rising well to the occasion tonight and at Fenway.

I would expect the same sort of result in the Beanpot Final, should BC and BU reach it. It just seems to be the karma where BU comes out strong and BC doesn't. In hindsight, it makes the first game of the year a real head-scratcher.

ComoSeDiceHockey
01-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Yea, things are looking good. BU 5 - 4. In your house.

DaveStPaul
01-22-2010, 09:22 PM
BU's current team is absolutely terrible. If they manage to beat us again; I will eat my hat.

Bon appetit, Nostradamus. :D