X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All right fine, I'll start this - BU @ BC 1/22/10

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    *****http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8545/obesec.jpg******
    Sorry, even as an Irish fan I have to say... it looks like Charlie Weis has switched sides in the Holy War.

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
    BC last year would be considered inconsistant, but don't tell me that they weren't better then half the NCAA tourney field by the time March rolled around.
    I'm telling you, even at the end of the year last year's BC team was not better than half the NCAA tourney field. They were definitely miles ahead of this years BU squad... but don't pretend they were top 8 in the country.
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
      Believe it or not, I have heard that one!!!!

Other little-known nuggets about Boston sports:

The Patriots once played at Fenway Park! Yup!
      The Red Sox were the last team to integrate! What a surprise, not!
      Doug Flutie won the Heisman at BC! Hail Mary- how appropriate Mike Eruzione played for BU! Can you say gold metal? Therewerefour, count 'em four BU players on that team. How many from BC?Chris Bourque had a 0.0 GPA!
      It wasn't that low, but probably not far off.

Did you know that BC used to have a thing about not recruiting Canadian players? That was in the Lenny era.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk 18 View Post
        Just how many hallowed ground does bc have? Certainly not Conte Forum or the expanded football stadium, if you call it that. .
        We have Cardinal O'Connell buried on campus. You can't get more hallowed than that.

Comment

[QUOTE=quiddlet;4578277]Sorry, even as an Irish fan I have to say... it looks like Charlie Weis has switched sides in the Holy War.

Even Charlie Weis wouldn't be caught dead in this outfit. Nice hat! It looks more like a duck than an eagle. If this is shinning example is anything like your average Superfan you're in trouble. Why not show us one of the BC babes? Oh I forgot they don't show up in until half way through the second period.

BU fans wear Jerseys not T-shirts. Have you noticed just how many bc jerseys are offered on the Hockey East shop? Just one. The away jersey, while BU offers no less than 9. All three of the home and away jerseys plus the 09 Champion one, in both home and away and the #18 Chris Drury home jersey.

Comment

All three of the home and away jerseys plus the 09 Champion one, in both home and away and the #18 Chris Drury home jersey.
            They made us a special 09 championship jersey? oh shizz...
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

We graduated six seniors and lost a sopomore as well. All went pro and are playing. Most notably Co-captain and Hoeby Baker winner, Matt gilory, who is playing a regular shift with the Rangers.

The other former BC dwarf goon, the first being Gionta, is playing AHL and has not impressed the Sabers. As for Gionta, the Devils saw fit and dished him to Montreal.
              do you read what you write? wasn't gerbe an AHL all star? he scored 30 goals in 57 games last year. buffalo is one of the better teams in the league right now and there isn't room for gerbe yet. to say he hasn't impressed is flat out wrong.

JustSpeaking of skipping town, what about jumping to the ACC? Not the smartest move.
              Stick to hockey.

Comment

everything I've said in this thread
                You're an idiot. Please tell me you're new to BC-BU threads. Please?
                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                -
                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Stick to hockey.
                  No kidding. The only bad thing about the ACC is that there's no hockey conference. While I'd love to see Duke, UNC and Clemson start playing hockey, I do fear that if they did, they'd kick all of our *****es within 10 years... heh.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                    No kidding. The only bad thing about the ACC is that there's no hockey conference. While I'd love to see Duke, UNC and Clemson start playing hockey, I do fear that if they did, they'd kick all of our *****es within 10 years... heh.
                    judging by the response to the hurriwhalers down there, im not sure a dookie could spell hockey. that said, kirk, don't argue with bc fans about the acc, that's opening a can of worms that should not be opened on this board.
                    time to write new history

Comment

The hurricanes draw good crowds. Lots of northerners relocate to Raleigh.
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                        We have Cardinal O'Connell buried on campus. You can't get more hallowed than that.
                        You mean the school hasn't been able to follow through on its plan to dig him up yet?
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

As for Gionta, the Devils saw fit and dished him to Montreal.
                          Um, no. Gionta left as a Free Agent. Apparently he's such an awful and overrated player that the Canadiens saw fit to lavish a $20 Million contract on him.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                            Um, no. Gionta left as a Free Agent. Apparently he's such an awful and overrated player that the Canadiens saw fit to lavish a $20 Million contract on him.
                            he's no john sabo or jack baker.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              he's no john sabo
                              Well, he hasn't kicked anyone's face in yet so he's got that going for him.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                You mean the school hasn't been able to follow through on its plan to dig him up yet?
                                A few alternative ideas have been floated. Most notably... build the baseball field around the crypt so it lies just beyond the RF fence and the crypt can be used as the visiting team's bullpen sitting area. Cardinal O'Connell will be the honorary bullpen coach - a modern day Weekend at Bernie's. But really they want to keep him there so his positive spirit can guide the baseball team to victory. FSU and GaTech will have no chance on this new field with him helping out in strange ways. Think BC baseball's own ghosts of Notre Dame field type thing.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X