PDA

View Full Version : All right fine, I'll start this - BU @ BC 1/22/10

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

quiddlet
01-21-2010, 11:20 PM
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8545/obesec.jpg

Sorry, even as an Irish fan I have to say... it looks like Charlie Weis has switched sides in the Holy War.

BC last year would be considered inconsistant, but don't tell me that they weren't better then half the NCAA tourney field by the time March rolled around.

I'm telling you, even at the end of the year last year's BC team was not better than half the NCAA tourney field. They were definitely miles ahead of this years BU squad... but don't pretend they were top 8 in the country.

Kirk 18
01-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Believe it or not, I have heard that one!!!!

Other little-known nuggets about Boston sports:

The Patriots once played at Fenway Park! Yup!
The Red Sox were the last team to integrate! What a surprise, not!
Doug Flutie won the Heisman at BC! Hail Mary- how appropriate Mike Eruzione played for BU! Can you say gold metal? Therewerefour, count 'em four BU players on that team. How many from BC?Chris Bourque had a 0.0 GPA! It wasn't that low, but probably not far off.

Did you know that BC used to have a thing about not recruiting Canadian players? That was in the Lenny era.

BC/HE
01-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Just how many hallowed ground does bc have? Certainly not Conte Forum or the expanded football stadium, if you call it that. .:D

We have Cardinal O'Connell buried on campus. You can't get more hallowed than that.

Kirk 18
01-21-2010, 11:35 PM
[QUOTE=quiddlet;4578277]Sorry, even as an Irish fan I have to say... it looks like Charlie Weis has switched sides in the Holy War.

Even Charlie Weis wouldn't be caught dead in this outfit. Nice hat! It looks more like a duck than an eagle. If this is shinning example is anything like your average Superfan you're in trouble. Why not show us one of the BC babes? Oh I forgot they don't show up in until half way through the second period.

BU fans wear Jerseys not T-shirts. Have you noticed just how many bc jerseys are offered on the Hockey East shop? Just one. The away jersey, while BU offers no less than 9. All three of the home and away jerseys plus the 09 Champion one, in both home and away and the #18 Chris Drury home jersey.

quiddlet
01-21-2010, 11:37 PM
All three of the home and away jerseys plus the 09 Champion one, in both home and away and the #18 Chris Drury home jersey.

They made us a special 09 championship jersey? oh shizz...

J.D.
01-22-2010, 12:14 AM
We graduated six seniors and lost a sopomore as well. All went pro and are playing. Most notably Co-captain and Hoeby Baker winner, Matt gilory, who is playing a regular shift with the Rangers.

The other former BC dwarf goon, the first being Gionta, is playing AHL and has not impressed the Sabers. As for Gionta, the Devils saw fit and dished him to Montreal.

do you read what you write? wasn't gerbe an AHL all star? he scored 30 goals in 57 games last year. buffalo is one of the better teams in the league right now and there isn't room for gerbe yet. to say he hasn't impressed is flat out wrong.

JustSpeaking of skipping town, what about jumping to the ACC? Not the smartest move.:D

Stick to hockey.

joegrav
01-22-2010, 12:26 AM
everything I've said in this thread

You're an idiot. Please tell me you're new to BC-BU threads. Please?

joegrav
01-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Stick to hockey.

No kidding. The only bad thing about the ACC is that there's no hockey conference. While I'd love to see Duke, UNC and Clemson start playing hockey, I do fear that if they did, they'd kick all of our *****es within 10 years... heh.

slurpees
01-22-2010, 01:02 AM
No kidding. The only bad thing about the ACC is that there's no hockey conference. While I'd love to see Duke, UNC and Clemson start playing hockey, I do fear that if they did, they'd kick all of our *****es within 10 years... heh.

judging by the response to the hurriwhalers down there, im not sure a dookie could spell hockey. that said, kirk, don't argue with bc fans about the acc, that's opening a can of worms that should not be opened on this board.

joegrav
01-22-2010, 08:31 AM
The hurricanes draw good crowds. Lots of northerners relocate to Raleigh.

Rover
01-22-2010, 08:36 AM
We have Cardinal O'Connell buried on campus. You can't get more hallowed than that.

You mean the school hasn't been able to follow through on its plan to dig him up yet? :D

Cross Check
01-22-2010, 08:43 AM
As for Gionta, the Devils saw fit and dished him to Montreal.

Um, no. Gionta left as a Free Agent. Apparently he's such an awful and overrated player that the Canadiens saw fit to lavish a $20 Million contract on him.

J.D.
01-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Um, no. Gionta left as a Free Agent. Apparently he's such an awful and overrated player that the Canadiens saw fit to lavish a $20 Million contract on him.

he's no john sabo or jack baker. :p

Nick Papagiorgio
01-22-2010, 09:09 AM
he's no john sabo

Well, he hasn't kicked anyone's face in yet so he's got that going for him.

Nick Papagiorgio
01-22-2010, 09:20 AM
You mean the school hasn't been able to follow through on its plan to dig him up yet? :D

A few alternative ideas have been floated. Most notably... build the baseball field around the crypt so it lies just beyond the RF fence and the crypt can be used as the visiting team's bullpen sitting area. Cardinal O'Connell will be the honorary bullpen coach - a modern day Weekend at Bernie's. But really they want to keep him there so his positive spirit can guide the baseball team to victory. FSU and GaTech will have no chance on this new field with him helping out in strange ways. Think BC baseball's own ghosts of Notre Dame field type thing.

slurpees
01-22-2010, 12:16 PM
The hurricanes draw good crowds. Lots of northerners relocate to Raleigh.

sure, once they got past the consistently half-full stadium for a few years and when they made the run to the cup (which they had the balls to bring back to CT to show off :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:) people came and said, 'Hey, y'all look! There's ice outside our dog'gone freezer! Now if only we cud get them chickens and cows to stake around -- or is it skate?'

TonyTheTiger20
01-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks again to BCWHSFJ for the reminder. Even if you're not up to it -- throw a dart, spin the spinner, whatever; we know Jersey Shore is on, you don't have to kill yourself -- there's a handy reservoir of insults out there, easily accessible.
There's gonna be a situation tonight :D

Love this thread. See you all tonight.

ComoSeDiceHockey
01-22-2010, 12:27 PM
They took rr jeeeeerrrrrrbbbbssssss!

We've actually got a BU/BC doubleheader this week with Coakley/Brown as round 1.

Let's hope this round goes better for BU and the boys have a better game plan than Chokely. Crushing BC tonight would make the Scott Brown nightmare a little more bearable this week.

Federal League
01-22-2010, 01:02 PM
For anyone not going, we'll be live blogging (http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/bu-vs-bc-live-blog.html).

FiveHole12
01-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Let's hope this round goes better for BU and the boys have a better game plan than Chokely. Crushing BC tonight would make the Scott Brown nightmare a little more bearable this week.
You're having a pretty tough week in the middle of an even tougher season, eh?
Sucks to BU :p