PDA

View Full Version : All right fine, I'll start this - BU @ BC 1/22/10

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Rover
01-20-2010, 11:39 AM
An uncanny lack of sizzle so far on this thread... only 9 posts between two threads!

Hard to belive when we are talking about the past 2 National Champs! :cool:

Well, they did just play on a bigger stage a couple of weeks ago....:cool:

Kirk 18
01-20-2010, 03:07 PM
I don't have the warm and fuzzies about this one. I can see a payback for the Fenway game and a lackluster BU effort, so I'll go 4-1 BC followed by Parker benching half the team and Rhett the mascot. :D

I have to agree with this thought train although it pains me to say. I think bc will be out to redeem them selves for losing in what will be the likely only Frozen Fenway ever. Which BU team will show up is anyone’s guess. This Terrier season can be summed up in one word: Inconsistency.

A loss here combined with a lack of effort could cause Jack to bench half the team and make everyone join the breakfast club. Rhett is the one with the best spirit.

Given that is game in on the hill I have to give bc the edge, but a BU second win in a row and the series would be sweet! BU has to bring its "A" game because this is the start of a tough second half schedule and if they are going to gain any ground and make the playoffs they need to start now. If fans think this game has ugly written all over it, no matter the outcome this could pale in comparison should both teams advance to the Beanpot finals.

Has anyone noted that the last two NCAA championship teams have had disastrous seasons the next year? It happened to bc last season and it’s currently happening to BU so far this season.

Kirk 18
01-20-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm more surprised that I'd get $2000 for knowing that UNC's main basketball rival is Duke. Who knew????

FYI: UNC and Duke are hated by each other. UNC fans spell Duke Dook.

TonyTheTiger20
01-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Watch out, BC! BU is gunnin' for you! 34th in the RPI this week! That's . . . that's . . . that's depressing.I'm going through the same thing with BC's women's team this year. :(

slurpees
01-21-2010, 12:15 AM
FYI: UNC and Duke are hated by each other. UNC fans spell Duke Dook.

im well aware. i grew up in the state of connecticut where christian laettner is still one of the most hated people there is. I'm just a bit perplexed at the ordering of the jeopary questions since the unc/duck fuke one is theoretically the most difficult according to them.

sterlippo1
01-21-2010, 05:43 AM
i love carolina basketball but let's do BC-BU! big game for both teams needless to say. BU needs to continue it's good start to 2010 and BC to move up in PWR as well as staying up there in HE. should be great at conte, as usual, when the terriers are in the house

joegrav
01-21-2010, 06:56 AM
Is it just me or is anyone else just not feeling up to the usual boring BC-BU insults? Can someone please get Yankeefn01 into this thread to tell us about his hockey jersey?

joegrav
01-21-2010, 07:00 AM
This Terrier season can be summed up in one word: Inconsistency.

Actually, it can be summed up in one word: bad. They've been bad from the get-go, with a season long winning streak of 2. Seems pretty consistently poor to me.

Just because a team wins some games and occasionally looks better doesn't make them 'inconsistent.' I hear fans of bad teams say this a lot - 'if only they always played like they did in that one particular game!' I've certainly said it about the Bruins in the past.

But honestly, even the worst teams are going to put together some wins; if they were that bad, they wouldn't be playing at this level. But until BU puts together some sort of winning streak, they can't really be called 'inconsistent' - they're still just mediocre to bad right now.

If they win tomorrow, they're suddenly on a run (4-1-0). Then the season outlook begins to change.

That's one of the many reasons why it's so critical for BC to smash BU tomorrow.

BUT09
01-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Actually, it can be summed up in one word: bad.

I agree with this, in terms of the season and the records. But the play and effort itself has been maddenly inconsistent, not just generally mediocre. It seems like this team either decides they are going to play, and plays very, very well with hard work and effort, or decides they just don't feel like it on some days, and barely show up at all.

Nick Papagiorgio
01-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Can someone please get Yankeefn01 into this thread to tell us about his hockey jersey?

You should be smacked upside the head for even thinking about wanting yankeefat in any thread you are interested in reading. Just don't say his name two more times.

ps - info about his hockey jersey. It's size XXXXXXXXL. :D

TonyTheTiger20
01-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Is it just me or is anyone else just not feeling up to the usual boring BC-BU insults?
Nice to see that the BU fans have learned their place. They've finally gone from having an inferiority complex to just recognizing that they're inferior.

It seems like this team either decides they are going to play, and plays very, very well with hard work and effort, or decides they just don't feel like it on some days, and barely show up at all.
They barely show up at all most days.

If you "show effort" at a game here or there, it doesn't make your effort - or anything else, for that matter - inconsistent, it makes the games where they "show effort" merely flukes.

Tater
01-21-2010, 10:56 AM
If they win tomorrow, they're suddenly on a run (4-1-0). Then the season outlook begins to change.

Well it would be 4-1-0 with an * since it was the Fenway ice that beat BC, not BU. :rolleyes: :cool:

joegrav
01-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Heh :)

SteveF
01-21-2010, 11:10 AM
ps - info about his hockey jersey. It's size XXXXXXXXL. :D

the fact that a hockey jersey is much more appropriate on a man than maternity clothes was one of yankeefat's main considerations in picking hockey as his obsession. the other being the puck's resemblance to a ring ding. obviously he wanted to cheer for BC; but it was all too evident that only BU fans wear jersies.

BU's current team is absolutely terrible. If they manage to beat us again; I will eat my hat. I expect any indoor game to resemble the third period of the fenway game. of course nothing is out of the question with this current BC crop; but BU simply cannot skate with BC this year. The keys to the game for the terriers will be to slow down BC, clog the neutral zone, and capitalize on the powerplay. I wouldnt be surprised to see them trap.

TonyTheTiger20
01-21-2010, 11:56 AM
the other being the puck's resemblance to a ring ding.
Winner.

Agganis
01-21-2010, 12:19 PM
the fact that a hockey jersey is much more appropriate on a man than maternity clothes was one of yankeefat's main considerations in picking hockey as his obsession. the other being the puck's resemblance to a ring ding. obviously he wanted to cheer for BC; but it was all too evident that only BU fans wear jersies.

Actually at the Fenway game it was shown that Superfan shirts come in larger sizes than jerseys, who knew?
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8545/obesec.jpg

Nick Papagiorgio
01-21-2010, 12:34 PM

Brilliant!

Kirk 18
01-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Actually, it can be summed up in one word: bad. They've been bad from the get-go, with a season long winning streak of 2. Seems pretty consistently poor to me.

Just because a team wins some games and occasionally looks better doesn't make them 'inconsistent.' I hear fans of bad teams say this a lot - 'if only they always played like they did in that one particular game!' I've certainly said it about the Bruins in the past.

But honestly, even the worst teams are going to put together some wins; if they were that bad, they wouldn't be playing at this level. But until BU puts together some sort of winning streak, they can't really be called 'inconsistent' - they're still just mediocre to bad right now.

That's one of the many reasons why it's so critical for BC to smash BU tomorrow.

Bad? It sounds like bc last season!

Deuce
01-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Actually at the Fenway game it was shown that Superfan shirts come in larger sizes than jerseys, who knew?
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8545/obesec.jpg

Having to cut your jersey to fit in it...:eek:

SteveF
01-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Bad? It sounds like bc last season!

what a cute little attempt at baiting. BC was never in last, let alone for the entire first semester. try again.