division /111 power play statistics for ELMIRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• division /111 power play statistics for ELMIRA

i was watchimg ELMIRA'S power play over the weekend..(0 for 10 against courtland??) it is the one main area of their game that stands out as just not clicking for them. i'm wondering where to see statistics to see how they compare with other teams..can anyone direct me to where i can find that information ??...if these stats are available ,thanks for pointing me in the right direction?
    Over the past few years the power play area of their game has been i think one of the weakest parts of their program, last year they had too many short handed goals against and a low percentage of goals scored when on the power play.
    it seems to me they need to revamp and start with the basics ..maybe change some of the people out for the power play and work the puck down low rather then working for the long shot from the defence ..they need a quarterback on the point and so far no one currntly being put out there has stepped up to the plate .. comments please??? what would you suggest

Re: division /111 power play statistics for ELMIRA

Originally posted by hockeylongtimer View Post
    i was watchimg ELMIRA'S power play over the weekend..(0 for 10 against courtland??) it is the one main area of their game that stands out as just not clicking for them. i'm wondering where to see statistics to see how they compare with other teams..can anyone direct me to where i can find that information ??...if these stats are available ,thanks for pointing me in the right direction?
    Over the past few years the power play area of their game has been i think one of the weakest parts of their program, last year they had too many short handed goals against and a low percentage of goals scored when on the power play.
    it seems to me they need to revamp and start with the basics ..maybe change some of the people out for the power play and work the puck down low rather then working for the long shot from the defence ..they need a quarterback on the point and so far no one currntly being put out there has stepped up to the plate .. comments please??? what would you suggest
    See Special Teams --> Here.

Current: Special Teams (Overall) - Power Play : 25/108 .231
    2008-09: Special Teams (Overall) - Power Play: 44/179 .246
    2007-08: Special Teams (Overall) - Power Play: 43/175 .246

Current: Oswego Special Teams (Overall) - Power Play: 26/110 .236
    Current: Norwich Special Teams (Overall) - Power Play: 15/ 59 .254
    Current: Plattsburgh Special Teams (Overall) - Power Play: 25/ 99 .253
    Current: St. Norbert Special Teams (Overall) - Power Play: 17/ 94 .181
    Current: Adrian Special Teams (Overall) - Power Play: 30/ 96 .312
    Current: Wentworth Special Teams (Overall) - Power Play: 20/ 66 .303
    Last edited by norm1909; 01-17-2010, 04:24 PM.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Well, they're fourth in PP percentage in the ECAC-W, but only 1.5% behind the leader (who is, interestingly, Utica). It doesn't look all that bad...

Utica - 27/105 (25.7%)
      Neumann - 25/102 (24.5%)
      Manhattanville - 29/119 (24.4%)
      Elmira - 25/108 (23.1%)
      Hobart - 22/97 (22.7)
      Lebanon Valley - 5/105 (4.8%)

EDIT: Thanks Norm, for showing some comparison with the top 4 teams. As I said, they aren't that far behind these teams.
      Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 01-17-2010, 04:21 PM.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

EC's PP has historically been an 'issue' for Elmira, in fact, I recall hearing "decline the penalty" chants in the past. This year has been hot and cold. Losing Shrank didn't help now that most of the offense is being contributed by underclassmen.

IMHO, waiting for the perfect opportunity is what usually contributes to the lack of productivity. As you mistakenly insinuated, they're not a team to blast away from the blue line, but sometimes just putting rubber on net is a good start.

A big body in front of the net (ala Velich) worked well last year, but other than Linden and Lee, who have yet to assume that role, there aren't many big bodies on the squad. Perhaps as Saul becomes more comfortable with the PP, and they don't surrender many short handed goals, he could experiment with those two down low. (Just a suggestion Aaron).

Comment

My thoughts if anyone cares..lol
          I'm not sure Linden is the answer for the guy to be in front of the net ..i would put him on the wing, on his forehand so he could use that shot of his from there.. not the point .. Gamble & Lee , maybe Moore or Swayer ..although they are all defencemen are all of a size and have the ability to stand in there take a hit and create the diversion that might shake things up . Elmira needs to try to find the right combination re: players and approach .. they need to be moving the puck quickly that starts at the point and i think using players there that will pass or get the puck in quickly without always looking for the long shot would make them more dangerous..
          i agree they sometimes do seem to be waiting for the perfect chance which often just doesn't present it self so throwing the puck at the net and having someone there to create the havoc might be an approach to consider ..They have everything else going as a team to make them a strong contender ..and a effective power play may just put them over the top.. in my humble opinion..

Comment

If you go here it shows how they rank nationally. Elmira is 15th in powerplay, 5 in penalty kill....17th combined.
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Thanks for the information and statistic link..appreciate it

interesting ..that they are 15 in nation ..it seems to me in watching them over this year that they haven't been able to score on the power play when it would have really mattered ..and then as they did with potsdam get power play goals when the game was pretty well in hand anyways..

Comment

BEFORE The Christmas break, Elmira was in the top 5 nationwide for PP if I remember correctly. I agree, since the break it has been next near pathetic.
                Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

I can't remember when the power play was ever really a strong part of their game this year or for the past several ..
                  on another note ..I haven`t checked the statistics for this year but know they have given up a number of short handed goals when on the power play ..last year that aspect was one of their real short coming..i think if they can get the power play clicking and keep focused on defense they have a great chance to succeed over the last part of this season..
                  Coach Saul has done a great job in coming in this year having missed the recruiting time etc.and getting things on track so hopefully Elmira will look at the power play...make some changes.. maybe give a few others a chance to get involved especially in front of the net and perhaps pull that aspect of their game together at which point they will be even tougher to play against and a challenge for any opponent every game ..

Comment

I can't remember when the power play was ever really a strong part of their game this year or for the past several ..
                    on another note ..I haven`t checked the statistics for this year but know they have given up a number of short handed goals when on the power play ..last year that aspect was one of their real short coming..i think if they can get the power play clicking and keep focused on defense they have a great chance to succeed over the last part of this season..
                    Coach Saul has done a great job in coming in this year having missed the recruiting time etc.and getting things on track so hopefully Elmira will look at the power play...make some changes.. maybe give a few others a chance to get involved especially in front of the net and perhaps pull that aspect of their game together at which point they will be even tougher to play against and a challenge for any opponent every game ..
                    2008-2009 - Elmira ranked #9
                    2007-2008 #13
                    2006-2007 #22
                    2005-2006 #11
                    2004-2005 #16
                    2003-2004 #20
                    2002-2003 #16
                    2001-2002 #20
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                    X