Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CC vs. UAA

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
    Gosh, I was hoping this would be the season that Colorado College could spare a couple points to give to UAA on their home ice.

But looking at the conference standings I just don't see a way where CC can afford to give up any, so it is imperative that the Tigers keep all four points this weekend. Maybe next season UAA, maybe next season.

Go Tigers!! Need four points!!
    Since UAA didn't allow CC to take 4 points down in the Springs, I don't think they are going to roll over and give them to you this weekend either. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Since UAA didn't allow CC to take 4 points down in the Springs, I don't think they are going to roll over and give them to you this weekend either. Sorry to burst your bubble.
      We can still hope.
      Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
      -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Nah Suze, that was just a poke, bubble is still big and strong at least until about 11:30 pm mountain time Friday, 22 Jan 10.

Come on Tigers, we need four points!! Go CC!!
        World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Go get'em Tigers!! I'll be watching on TV and cheering for you loud and clear!! Four big points up for grabs!!

Go CC!!
          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBair View Post
            The only thing I can figure which DOES seem accurate is that when they're playing well UAA's trap is as good as anyone's at taking away/disrupting transition, which does make the game about 1 on 1 battles. I suspect this is why teams which rely heavily on transition for their offense (CC SCSU DU MN) struggle against UAA. Most of the time, Anchorage makes a team work the entire 200 feet and plays very hard in the individual battles.

UAA fans would probably have to confirm this, but I'm thinking UAA is far better than their record indicates--I was impressed with their Saturday night performance at CSWA and they looked very strong against DU on television.
            The UAA trap gave Denver fits a few weeks ago especially on Friday night. UAA is big and blocked more shots then anyone else we've faced all year. I think with Howe being as shaky as he's been lately UAA has a legitimate chance for a sweep.
            Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
              The UAA trap gave Denver fits a few weeks ago especially on Friday night. UAA is big and blocked more shots then anyone else we've faced all year. I think with Howe being as shaky as he's been lately UAA has a legitimate chance for a sweep.
              Very insightful post.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                I keep hearing about how big UAA is and how effective they are at slowing other teams down, so I became curious to see how they have done on NHL sized ice compared to how they've done on Olympic (including UW's mid-sized) ice.

They are 4-6 at home on Olympic ice. I didn't see much there other than a big win against Denver and some blowout losses.
                On the road it's more consistent (although less applicable to this weekend's series, admitedly).
                They are 1-5 on Olympic sheets plus UW's large ice surface. The losses have been by pretty large margins - 5-1, 4-1, 5-1, 6-2, 5-0, with their lone win at CC in OT by a 3-2 score.
                On the road on NHL sheets is a different story altogether. They are 2-1-1, with impressive wins against an admitedly weak MTU team. Much more impressive was the way they played at DU, with a tie and a 1 goal loss.

Here's the important thing to take away from this post - I was bored during my lunch break. I don't really think it's very applicable to this weekend's games, so I hope no one puts too much emphasis on it.

Comment

UAA is more than just their trap. They are turning into a very dangerous team. They may be the hardest working team in the WCHA this year - they move their feet, have a ton of heart and grit, they compete for every puck, blocking shots and they work their sticks into passing and shooting lanes better than any WCHA team I've seen this year. As a Denver fan, we were very fortunate to get three points out of that weekend - UAA deserved a better fate.

Additionally, UAA goaltending has improved recently under Olthuis, and that alone can keep them close in any game. They are also effective at countering on turnovers and making the most of limited offensive opportunities. They don't have the high-end offensive talent of other WCHA teams, but when they play their style of game, they are extremely hard to play against.

I would not want to play the Seawolves again, as Denver (as a classic finesse team) does not match up well with UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    I keep hearing about how big UAA is and how effective they are at slowing other teams down, so I became curious to see how they have done on NHL sized ice compared to how they've done on Olympic (including UW's mid-sized) ice.

They are 4-6 at home on Olympic ice. I didn't see much there other than a big win against Denver and some blowout losses.
                    They also had a win against UND, and at the time I think the Sioux were ranked 3rd nationally.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

At the end of the 2nd Period its CC 4 AA 0....

This is a really physical game so far... Quite a few penaltys on both sides. CC looks good, they are playing like they did last week in teh first period of the UW game.

Esox
                      ESOX
                      Badger Fan at heart, but its hard not to love the Sioux...

A friend will bail you out of jail.
                      A true friend will be sitting next to you in Jail.
                      A teamate will open the door of the cop car so you don't go to jail.

Freshman demands... I Want:
                      to go toe 2 toe W/ Ron Hextall in his prime..
                      to watch the 1980 National champioship game live..
                      Dave haxstall to smile..
                      to shoot on Ed Belfour in his prime...
                      the annual water polo game back, and make it real this time...

Comment

6-1 Final... CC earned their 2 points tonight. AA played a very physical game. Howe look good tonight, and the PK was spot on.

Esox
                        ESOX
                        Badger Fan at heart, but its hard not to love the Sioux...

A friend will bail you out of jail.
                        A true friend will be sitting next to you in Jail.
                        A teamate will open the door of the cop car so you don't go to jail.

Freshman demands... I Want:
                        to go toe 2 toe W/ Ron Hextall in his prime..
                        to watch the 1980 National champioship game live..
                        Dave haxstall to smile..
                        to shoot on Ed Belfour in his prime...
                        the annual water polo game back, and make it real this time...

Comment

How about the local boy Rapuzzi with the hat trick last night?

Comment

Something for the Tigers to watch out for:

Friday: UND 5, UAA 0
                            Saturday: UAA 2, UND 1

Friday: Denver 3, UAA 2
                            Saturday: UAA 7, Denver 3

Friday: Mankato 8, UAA 2
                            Saturday: UAA 4, Mankato 1

Friday: CC 5, UAA 0
                            Saturday: UAA 3, CC 2

Friday: CC 6, UAA 1
                            Saturday: ?

Comment

Good contribution from the freshmen class. Nice to see the pp finally get started

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                                Something for the Tigers to watch out for:

Friday: UND 5, UAA 0
                                Saturday: UAA 2, UND 1

Friday: Denver 3, UAA 2
                                Saturday: UAA 7, Denver 3

Friday: Mankato 8, UAA 2
                                Saturday: UAA 4, Mankato 1

Friday: CC 5, UAA 0
                                Saturday: UAA 3, CC 2

Friday: CC 6, UAA 1
                                Saturday: ?
                                I've been thinking abut the same thing. UAA has a tremendous ability to bounce back from these games, which scares the crap out of me for tonight's game. Hopefully CC can bring their "A" game again.

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                                How about the local boy Rapuzzi with the hat trick last night?
                                Love it! I'm hoping for another great game from him tonight!
                                Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                                -dggoddard

Comment

Working...
                                X