Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    Last night would have been the same if Dunn would not have sieved out.
    And yet he still saved 30 of 33 shots.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Forget about shots on goal. It is the most overrated stat in sports. The Huskies were flawless tonight. Great coaching and game management.

This team is good. Let's get some revenge on the Tigers next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        And yet he still saved 30 of 33 shots.
        motzko said it best today on beyong the pond. Goalies can't give up soft goals like that period..... If he doesn't give those up the Huskies win easy like tonight. I am big fan of Dan Dunn, but the team can't have play like that down the stretch.
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Lee Play played great tonight! I think Lee is going to get both games next weekend.
          I don't see it. Dunn is still playing well and winning games. Dunn Friday, Lee Saturday. Why mess with a good thing?

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
            I don't see it. Dunn is still playing well and winning games. Dunn Friday, Lee Saturday. Why mess with a good thing?
            I said that tongue and check.....
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

motzko said it best today on beyong the pond. Goalies can't give up soft goals like that period..... If he doesn't give those up the Huskies win easy like tonight. I am big fan of Dan Dunn, but the team can't have play like that down the stretch.
              And earlier in the year it was Lee giving up the softer ones.
              They are pushing each other and that can only make both of them better.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I said that tongue and check.....
                I figured. You never know though, Bob's tendency has been to go with 1 guy in the past but I just don't see him doing that this year. Before the game I was in the car listening to the 830AM pre-game. They interviewd Motzko and asked him about having two good goalies and the rotation. He tried explaining that Lee was starting Friday's with Dunn on Saturday's to start the year but instead he said it the other way around (Dunn Friday, Lee Saturday.) Then he said they switched to Dunn on Friday's and Lee on Saturday's after the World Jrs (which is correct.) At that point he seemed a little flustered so he said, "at this point it's just win baby!" Had to laugh when I heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I think it's more intelligent than the "bullsh*" chant after a questionable call, like your primitive fans chanted last night. Clearly audible on tv, too. Stay classy.

Did you catch the game tonight? Your classless ****** fans chanted the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
                    Did you catch the game tonight? Your classless ****** fans chanted the same thing!
                    Shhh...you're ruining his argument.
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      So Brent...when you have your picture taken with Blizzard, you have to pretend you're REALLY happy about it.

Too bad there wasn't a bet to make that happen.

Originally posted by nuke View Post
                      Shhh...you're ruining his argument.
                      Watched it, but no audio. We had about 10-12 people at Senser's (half of which were SCSU fans, btw) and our banter was more entertaining.

Anyway, the Gophers were embarrassing this weekend. I mentioned to some people tonight that it looked like MTU was playing SCSU.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Too bad there wasn't a bet to make that happen.
                        Wrong. I shot down the bacon bet because I thought it was stupid. You thought my bet was good so long as the winning person's team made the Final Five.

Comment

Wrong. I shot down the bacon bet because I thought it was stupid. You thought my bet was good so long as the winning person's team made the Final Five.
                          Ahem:

Then DL? We have no bet. Since you are out to embarrass a fellow fan, I want no part of it.

Euro knows how it's done. We have a beer riding on the series. A single beer. Much less important than the lb of bacon or a sixer, etc. And no matter the outcome, we'll BS about hockey and the series and not want to kill each other (or ourselves) over it. You fail. Yet again. Although you should be used to it by now, being an SCSU fan to begin with.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So it was ok last year when he was embarrassed in the Gopher Jersey all day Friday but you won't "be embarassed" by a picture with Blizzard?
                            Weenie.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              So it was ok last year when he was embarrassed in the Gopher Jersey all day Friday but you won't "be embarassed" by a picture with Blizzard?
                              Weenie.
                              No kidding. Did he catch SandyVagitis from Geist?

Comment

Watched it, but no audio. We had about 10-12 people at Senser's (half of which were SCSU fans, btw) and our banter was more entertaining.
                                Best part about that? Only Mitch and I went to SCSU. Jana, Abbey, Molly and Alan are all from Minneapolis and are fans who've "seen the light." We're recruiting our army one disenfranchised Gopher fan at a time.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X