Worst seasons of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst seasons of all time?

With my "beloved" Huskies nursing a 15-game winless streak and a stellar record of 3-20-1, I was wondering: what are the worst records, losing/winless streaks, conference records, etc. of all time in college hockey?

I know about the '99-'00 Huskies team that set the NCAA record for losses and the '02-'03 Seawolves that went winless in conference play. Anyone have to sit through those seasons? Do share details
    Last edited by Twitch Boy; 01-16-2010, 09:58 PM.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Re: Worst seasons of all time?

My vote is for UAA's winless WCHA season. It's really hard to do worse than that.

Comment

Merrimack in 06-07 went 3-27-4. Might be the worst season by a HE team since I've been following. The year before that, NU went 3-24-7. I think both are records for fewest wins since the start of Hockey East, and I'd be shocked if that MC season wasn't the worst ever in the league.

UNH had a 3-season stretch in the late 80's where they won a total of 20 games, never breaking double-digits in the W column (even counting ties as half-wins).
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
        My vote is for UAA's winless WCHA season. It's really hard to do worse than that.
        They won their first game of the season against Fairbanks and then didn't win another. You can't beat that.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Bu 09-10
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Brown went 4-21-4 in 00-01, and has a few 5 and 6 win seasons in the past decade as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              They won their first game of the season against Fairbanks and then didn't win another. You can't beat that.
              I don't think that is right, didn't UAA have a league win? Pretty sure they did. Where did you get your info from?
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

In 99-00, Tech did go 4-34. IIRC two of those wins came over LSSU. I saw one of them at the GLI that year.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  I don't think that is right, didn't UAA have a league win? Pretty sure they did. Where did you get your info from?
                  No, dear, he's right. See for yourself.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    I don't think you'll ever see another 35 game winless streak in one season again. So Tech has a long way to go to match that level of futility.
                    Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      Afraid not.

A few ties, but a big goose egg in the WCHA win column.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

In '92-93 Ohio State went 5-30-3. And in 04-05, Poulin's last season at Notre Dame, they came home 5-27-6.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Afraid not.

This poses the question: How bad was Mount Royal?
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Afraid not.

No road wins either, sheesh.

Comment

Afraid not.

Yup, I just looked it up in my yearbook. They ended the season with 6 points from 6 ties. No wonder we hate John Hill.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X