Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dartmouth & Harvard @ RPI & Union (1/22, 1/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dartmouth & Harvard @ RPI & Union (1/22, 1/23)

Discuss.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Dartmouth & Harvard @ RPI & Union (1/22, 1/23)

Time to get tough at home and put up 2 wins. Lost a tough one to Union but should still be holding heads high. We are playing well and just need to continue.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Much better.

The belt is on the line in this weekend. RPI needs to settle down and focus on the rest of the season.

Comment

RPI needs to get these wins against two of the lower-scoring teams in the conference.

Union should be able to extend their lead in the conference, but will lose their game in hand against Cornell.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

much better indeed!

-good job Ralph. get some sleep ya?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            much better indeed!

-good job Ralph. get some sleep ya?
            Ralph never sleeps!
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Ralph never sleeps!
              zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'm glad the team is back home so I can watch them play, and of course see Puckman

Comment

RPI v. Harvard will be broadcast on Time Warner Cable Sports. Channel 3 in Albany, Channel 13 for Syracuse if they decide to do it again (though the Crunch are playing, so we may end up getting that game instead), otherwise check your local listings, or go to WRPI.

Comment

It will be good to see the team at home after a long time away. Not sure what to expect from these games. Harvard always seems to find a way to be in the thick of things come the end of the season. Dartmouth seems to be having a rough year but may be looking for payback from last years playoff defeat. Either way I hope the team can keep up the good play as of late and pick up some much needed points at home this weekend.
                    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      RPI v. Harvard will be broadcast on Time Warner Cable Sports. Channel 3 in Albany, Channel 13 for Syracuse if they decide to do it again (though the Crunch are playing, so we may end up getting that game instead), otherwise check your local listings, or go to WRPI.
                      RPI TV is tentatively planning on shooting the Friday Dartmouth game. I'm not sure how many crew members were going to have since it's still our Winter Break, but I'm going to try my best to put together a quality production. If things do pan out, the game will be streaming live for free on Ustream:
                      http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rpi-tv...all-and-hockey

I'll be at the Saturday game as a spectator for the first time in quite a while. It'll be nice to relax during a game for once!
                      Last edited by RHamilton; 01-18-2010, 10:15 AM.
                      RPI Class of 2012
                      Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Hopefully both teams can beat up on what appears to be two weaker teams. But of course we all know what can happen in the ECAC...

Comment

Dutch fans ought to be huge RPI fans from here on out. With a 3-1-0 record against the Engineers, Union could rise even higher in the Pairwise if RPI goes any higher in the, uh, RPI, since they're at 27th as we speak. 25th makes them a TUC.

By the way, for the sake of Union fans, here's how you guys can continue to climb in the Pairwise.
                          * RPI (Ratings Percentage Index) - Keep winning.
                          * RPI (Rensselaer) - If the Engineers become a TUC, Union flips the comparison with Ferris State, draws close to flipping with CC, and makes a whole slew of comparisons the Dutchmen are already winning more firm. Pull for the Tute.
                          * Beat Yale - The game two weeks hence in New Haven is going to be a big deal, since both Wisconsin and Ferris have played Yale (Ferris lost, UW tied). In fact, a win over Yale coupled with the Engineers becoming a TUC probably flips the Wisconsin comparison to the Dutchmen.
                          * Beat Cornell - Same rational as Yale, only pertaining more to Colorado College.
                          * Root against Colorado College, Miami, Denver, Minnesota-Duluth, Wisconsin, Ferris State, and for the most part, St. Cloud (although flipping the comparison with the Huskies is going to be pretty tough with the head-to-head loss and SCSU's undefeated record against Quinnipiac and Brown, the only common opponents).
                          Last edited by Red Cloud; 01-18-2010, 11:04 AM.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            Dutch fans ought to be huge RPI fans from here on out. With a 3-1-0 record against the Engineers, Union could rise even higher in the Pairwise if RPI goes any higher in the, uh, RPI, since they're at 27th as we speak. 25th makes them a TUC.

By the way, for the sake of Union fans, here's how you guys can continue to climb in the Pairwise.
                            * RPI (Ratings Percentage Index) - Keep winning.
                            * RPI (Rensselaer) - If the Engineers become a TUC, Union flips the comparison with Ferris State, draws close to flipping with CC, and makes a whole slew of comparisons the Dutchmen are already winning more firm. Pull for the Tute.
                            * Beat Yale - The game two weeks hence in New Haven is going to be a big deal, since both Wisconsin and Ferris have played Yale (Ferris lost, UW tied). In fact, a win over Yale coupled with the Engineers becoming a TUC probably flips the Wisconsin comparison to the Dutchmen.
                            * Beat Cornell - Same rational as Yale, only pertaining more to Colorado College.
                            * Root against Colorado College, Miami, Denver, Minnesota-Duluth, Wisconsin, Ferris State, and for the most part, St. Cloud (although flipping the comparison with the Huskies is going to be pretty tough with the head-to-head loss and SCSU's undefeated record against Quinnipiac and Brown, the only common opponents).
                            Way to much information for me, but I'll take your word for it and thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                              Way to much information for me, but I'll take your word for it and thanks.
                              I could make a Union joke... nah.

Simpler, without explanation.
                              * Keep winning, especially beat Yale and Cornell.
                              * Root for RPI and Maine.
                              * Root against CC, Miami, DU, Ferris, Wisconsin, UMD, SCSU, and Lake Superior State.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                              X