This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2nd official 09-10 Maine season thread

Well, not what I thought would happen this weekend. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Re: The 2nd official 09-10 Maine season thread

Anyone know if Corkum stayed behind on campus to babysit Darling and Dee? Seems like the most logical explanation for this weekend

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

It has to be confidence thing. With Darling in net they have some get and go, without, they just fade into the woodwork?
      I don't believe Sirman has been awful tonight, one goal might have been his fault but the other 2 weren't

Comment

Postgame Larry says Maine played really well, compare and contrast with what a PC fan says
        Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
        because Maine looks hideous. You can see how BC blew them out 6-1 the night before.
        pretty different views of the same game

Comment

Maine goes downhill the 2nd half of every season under TIMMAY. This season won't be any different.
          When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Glub....glub.....glub.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              It has to be confidence thing. With Darling in net they have some get and go, without, they just fade into the woodwork?
              I don't believe Sirman has been awful tonight, one goal might have been his fault but the other 2 weren't
              I dunno if that's it, they didn't play very well in front of Darling against Princeton.

I think maybe it's time Corkum took 'em skating again.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Postgame Larry says Maine played really well, compare and contrast with what a PC fan says

pretty different views of the same game
                Who to believe? Larry? Some random PC fan? I'll take the latter.

"But you told us to just play the 60th minute!"

"What? Oh. All 60 minutes. Maybe next weekend, coach."
                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

It is often said that an ice hockey goalie is the single most important position in any sport,and I tend to agree with that.

Maine can't play aggressively while they're watching their backs...All we can hope for is that Darling gets healthy soon,and that the coaching staff brings in another competent 'tender next year.It sucks to be one tweaked knee away from disaster all the time.

Comment

I'm disappointed with the two losses. However, this conference is out of control. Literally any team can win against anyone on a given night. Gonna be a crazy road to the finish of HE.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      It is often said that an ice hockey goalie is the single most important position in any sport,and I tend to agree with that.

Maine can't play aggressively while they're watching their backs...All we can hope for is that Darling gets healthy soon,and that the coaching staff brings in another competent 'tender next year.It sucks to be one tweaked knee away from disaster all the time.
                      They played a different game to protect their goalie but what did they really do? They hung him out to dry how many times? The game plan was to worry about the goalie. Perhaps they should play the game they have been winning with.

Darling played so poorly last year he was in a rotation with Wilson. If I recall he gave up many softies let alone odd man rushes. I don't think we should lay so much blame on Sirman.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
                        They played a different game to protect their goalie but what did they really do? They hung him out to dry how many times? The game plan was to worry about the goalie. Perhaps they should play the game they have been winning with.

Darling played so poorly last year he was in a rotation with Wilson. If I recall he gave up many softies let alone odd man rushes. I don't think we should lay so much blame on Sirman.

Maine only scored 3 goals in 2 games for Sirman. You have to put the puck in the net to win.
                        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

As I said earlier, a throw away weekend, especially being shorthanded.

Didnt get to see anything of PC last night, but was not terribly impressed with BC either. I thought Maine controlled possession for long stretches of that game....but its a different style of hockey that Maine plays as opposed to BC. They employ the simple run and gun offense hoping to create chances off transition, whereas Maine's always looking to control possession of the puck and pace of the game. Over the years I've gotten more and more bored by run and gun offense....its just plain Jane stuff that doesnt showcase the skills of the game other than raw speed. Yaughn.

Anyway, those who made the trip...hope none of your children were violated at either venue (PC or BC). As I said, you just never know down there.
                          Last edited by acs64; 01-17-2010, 09:17 AM.
                          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post

There is merit in what you say. Maine scored two goals in the final minute of play. Granted, PC may have realized they had it won at that point, but still Maine was attacking and concentrating on scoring. I think their strategy of protecting the goal tender affected their PP as well (0 for 10 on the weekend I think). The next two games will give them an opportunity to use Sirman and Wilson and get some flow back to their offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              There is merit in what you say. Maine scored two goals in the final minute of play. Granted, PC may have realized they had it won at that point, but still Maine was attacking and concentrating on scoring. I think their strategy of protecting the goal tender affected their PP as well (0 for 10 on the weekend I think). The next two games will give them an opportunity to use Sirman and Wilson and get some flow back to their offense.
                              Yep...in agreement. Timbo tends to overthink this game and it gets his azz in trouble when he does. Its a fairly simple game that doesnt require rocket science analysis when conditions change. In this case, you keep doing what you have in the past and you try to get Sirman to play up to Darlings potential instead of revamping the whole team game plan and philosophy to "protect" him. Thats just plain bullchit. I dont know how you get Corkum to get that message across to Timmay though. Certainly it wouldnt dawn on Tim all by itself.
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X