This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2nd official 09-10 Maine season thread

With Maine sitting at 17th in the PWR and UML at 25th. If Maine sweeps wouldn't that knock UML out of the TUC and not really help Maine? I know that sounds dumb because every win is important, esp for H.E. but nationally I don't think it does too much for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
      With Maine sitting at 17th in the PWR and UML at 25th. If Maine sweeps wouldn't that knock UML out of the TUC and not really help Maine? I know that sounds dumb because every win is important, esp for H.E. but nationally I don't think it does too much for them.
      Just win, the rest works out the way it works out
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

It depends on what other teams do. It also matters at the end of the year, not now. Even if they fall out of the TUC now, they can climb back up at the end of the year.

Comment

Just win those two games and don't even worry about the pairwise. Getting home ice for the quarters is all the team needs to worry about.
          When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Well said walrus, get every possible point and let whatever happens, happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
              Well said walrus, get every possible point and let whatever happens, happen.
              I agree completely, Maine cant be looking at other teams and wondering if their going to win or lose to increase their chances of making home ice. They need take care of business and just concentrate on the next game and win. Simple as that.
              Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Theoretically, this is true. However, I don't see any team in HE winning out. If Maine can win 4 of the last six games they will be fine. I see the real challenge being Merrimack at their rink.

Comment

If a team knocks another team out of TUC status,they ought to get the TUC wins just the same...After all,they adjust the RPI comparison similiarly;teams are not punished for beating another team that turns out to be out of the mix.

I like having an objective system in place to select NCAA teams,but the more I look at it,the screwier the PWR seems to me.It wouldn't surprise me if Maine would end up higher in the PWR with a split this weekend than they would with a sweep.

And that ain't right.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    . I see the real challenge being Merrimack at their rink.
                    I don't know BUs schedule but I wouldn't be shocked if they won out, including the HE tourney. I also wouldn't be shocked if Lowell won at Alfond based on the first lines play at BU.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Fishman, the problem is that who is a tuc today, tomorrow, or yesterday is not relevant. On selection sunday is the only day that it matters. Maine isn't being penalized right now. If you beat a tuc you get credit on selection sunday, if not you carry that loss as well. This is the problem with the constant bracketology and pwr watchers. Doesn't matter right now. Too much changes from day to day..
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I don't know BUs schedule but I wouldn't be shocked if they won out, including the HE tourney. I also wouldn't be shocked if Lowell won at Alfond based on the first lines play at BU.
                        I agree. BU is, once again, on a major late season roll. I'm done with predictions. Who the h e l l knows what will happen. One thing I do know is that I wouldn't want to see BU in the 1/4's.

Comment

FYI BU's remaining sched is a home n home w/ Providence, then 2 at VT then a h/h with Northeastern. Pretty favorable for getting home ice.

Comment

Possible 12 points remaining. I'm not throwing the broom on the ice early! Lowell and Umass will be a test at home, but I think Merrimack will be a big series. No gimme in Boston this season! Play hard boys and take it one game at a time. ALL points are big!

Comment

I agree. BU is, once again, on a major late season roll. I'm done with predictions. Who the h e l l knows what will happen. One thing I do know is that I wouldn't want to see BU in the 1/4's.
                              We'll finish 4th like I predicted 5 months ago. BU will pass us, BC will win the regular season and UHN likely in second. We'll play UML in the quarterfinals, and after having success with the reg season series, we'll get knocked out in our barn and beerbottle Blaiser will get his ultimate revenge (also as I predicted 5 months ago). Timmay will get chitcanned on the basis of this pizzpoor performance in the tournament, and I'll end up hitting the powerball (though I never have played it). The other midget Boston team will win the HE tournament beating the red menace for the second meaningful tournament. Any questions?
                              Last edited by acs64; 02-16-2010, 12:33 PM.
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                We'll finish 4th like I predicted 5 months ago. BU will pass us, BC will win the regular season and UHN likely in second. We'll play UML in the quarterfinals, and after having success with the reg season series, we'll get knocked out in our barn and beerbottle Blaiser will get his ultimate revenge (also as I predicted 5 months ago). Timmay will get chitcanned on the basis of this pizzpoor performance in the tournament, and I'll end up hitting the powerball (though I never have played it). The other midget Boston team will win the HE tournament beating the red menace for the second meaningful tournament. Any questions?
                                Which numbers are you playing in the Powerball?

Comment

Working...
                                X