X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2nd official 09-10 Maine season thread

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Is there still time to get Jeff Jackson in as coach? Notre Dame is doing awesome! He's done wonders with that program!
    FYI, Notre Dame is 12-13-7, tied for 8th place in the CCHA, and is not ranked in the Pairwise rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
      FYI, Notre Dame is 12-13-7, tied for 8th place in the CCHA, and is not ranked in the Pairwise rankings.
      No way! Next you'll tell me they just got swept by a bottom feeder.

Comment

Is there still time to get Jeff Jackson in as coach? Notre Dame is doing awesome! He's done wonders with that program!
        Why would anyone want a coach with a lifetime .702 winning %, 4 regular season titles, 6 league playoff titles, and 2 national championships when you can have a coach with a .556 winning % and 1 league playoff title?

Comment

Well, he's already coached the team to 4 Frozen Fours and 2 title games, so that settles that.
          Which doesn't compare very favorably to what Jackson has accomplished in the past, does it?

Fortunately, the discussion here is: "Who would best be able to turn around a moribund program?" I'm not even blaming Whitehead for tanking Maine's program. What's done is done. And I'm not even giving Jackson credit for his accomplishments at LSSU. I'm stacking the deck in Whitehead's favor, fercrissakes.

Yet, going strictly by recent evidence, Jackson's accomplishments turning around a moribund program would still seem to be greater than Whitehead's.

Don't worry - I know it's hard to admit you're wrong. I don't expect it. It's not a contest, anyway. I'm perfectly happy just to know that I'm right.
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
            Which doesn't compare very favorably to what Jackson has accomplished in the past, does it?

Fortunately, the discussion here is: "Who would best be able to turn around a moribund program?" I'm not even blaming Whitehead for tanking Maine's program. What's done is done. And I'm not even giving Jackson credit for his accomplishments at LSSU. I'm stacking the deck in Whitehead's favor, fercrissakes.

Yet, going strictly by recent evidence, Jackson's accomplishments turning around a moribund program would still seem to be greater than Whitehead's.

Don't worry - I know it's hard to admit you're wrong. I don't expect it. It's not a contest, anyway. I'm perfectly happy just to know that I'm right.
            He turned it completely around...a full 360. Or is Western that good?

Comment

He turned it completely around...a full 360. Or is Western that good?
              I know you're too smart to believe what you're writing.

Maine is 5 games over .500. Notre Dame is one below. And this after 3 really successful seasons for Notre Dame, and 2 of the worst seasons in Maine's D1 history.

To claim that this season proves that the Whitehead skeptics were wrong -- and to do so by invoking comparisons to Jeff Jackson -- is just laughable. Glenn Beck on his best days can't achieve that level of self-delusion.
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

To claim that this season proves that the Whitehead skeptics were wrong -- and to do so by invoking comparisons to Jeff Jackson -- is just laughable.
                No doubt about it. Someone must be messing with his meds. Or he's just messing with you. Doesn't matter which.

Shocked that we haven't heard a peep about Dean Blais yet. Who would want coaches like that when you can have Timmay (feasting on the mediocrity of Hockey East this year).
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I'm not telling you anything. I'm just telling you what Notre Dame's record is this season. You can make what you want of that.

Comment

You're awful. You need to be using icons in your writing. You know, like one of these . You're getting these folks all worked up.

Comment

Originally posted by btb91 View Post
                      From what I have heard, you are right on target. Their departure was a very good thing.
                      Who recruited those players?
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        Who would want coaches like that when you can have Timmay (feasting on the mediocrity of Hockey East this year).
                        Just like BC is?

Comment

Maine is 5 games over .500. Notre Dame is one below. And this after 3 really successful seasons for Notre Dame, and 2 of the worst seasons in Maine's D1 history.

To claim that this season proves that the Whitehead skeptics were wrong -- and to do so by invoking comparisons to Jeff Jackson -- is just laughable. Glenn Beck on his best days can't achieve that level of self-delusion.
                          The point is good coaches can have bad seasons...Jackson this year, Parker in 2008, York last year, it's happened to Umile, it seems to be happening to Berenson right now and Lucia.

So now Whitehead's peak and valley is on its way back up. Can he stabalize and get back to what he was putting up from 02-07? It remains to be seen.

All we can say right now is it looks like the party line of no hockey east, no garden, no NCAAs and a new coach to start 2010-11 was in what you call Beck territory.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

A few scheduling tidbits for next season.......the Florida College Classic teams will include Miami and St. Cloud (with Cornell and Maine of course).....

http://www.floridaeverblades.com/fanzone/college/

Add to that 2 games at Michigan State and 2 home games with North Dakota (Oct.22 & 23) and Maine could have the toughest OOC schedule in the country next season. As of right now every team on the OOC schedule is in the NCAA Tourney!

Comment

I finally called for Tim's head myself,last year,and that was about his recruiting.The Orsini/Belmore/Randal class was a complete disaster,but I'm happy to been wrong about House.Still,that class was mostly awful,and it set Maine back a couple of years.

I am lucky enough to see a ton of college hockey.Got to say,I really don't see a lot of difference in the X's and O's from game to game.Most coaches make the same calls,it seems to me.They trap with the lead,and they forecheck more vigorously when trailing late.Same as anyone would do,if they played the percentages.

The talent is the difference,and Maine HAS some this year!I am inclined to credit Bob Corkum for that,at this point.Could be mere coincidence,but things were looking pretty bleak until he showed up.Draw your own conclusions.It's just nice to see the Bears in the mix again.

Goooooooooo
                              BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                                Who would want coaches like that when you can have Timmay (feasting on the mediocrity of Hockey East this year).
                                Steve Cedorchuk wasn't available.

Comment

Working...
                                X