X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2nd official 09-10 Maine season thread

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
    Me too. If he's really ready this weekend, that could be a nice lift. I love the chemistry between him and Abbott.
    He has really upped his game this year and I hate to see another injury send him into a funk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
      are you saying that because you knew that they were linemates growing up? or was that off the cuff?
      That was off the cuff, I may have heard that before though. Were they on the same high school team? I just meant his play style and size.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
        That was off the cuff, I may have heard that before though. Were they on the same high school team? I just meant his play style and size.
        Dee and Blake Wheeler both played on the same prep school team in Minnesota, and both scored a ton of goals there.

Comment

Boy Jason Moy's Bracketology article really stresses how important this UHN series is. Friggin Union is killing us right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
            Boy Jason Moy's Bracketology article really stresses how important this UHN series is. Friggin Union is killing us right now.
            Which should remind the team, from the Coach on down to the walk-ons, that EVERY series is important.
            Maine coach Red Gendron said:
            “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

It was one series that we knew could come back and Bite UMaine Hockey at the end if we needed help....10 games to play hard and go out for wins.

Comment

If Maine had split with Union they would be sitting at 8 in the PWR which is a big difference from 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                  If Maine had split with Union they would be sitting at 8 in the PWR which is a big difference from 17.
                  That's amazing.

I like having an objective way to rank teams,but I was at Union for that weekend,and it's hard to fathom how those first couple of games could be that significant.

Guess all Maine has to do from here out is to win,right?The PWR never faults you for that.

Comment

SHoulda, coulda, woulda, but didn't. The last thing Maine needs to worry about is PWR, they need to put complete games out there and let the chips fall.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Pretty lofty heights for a team not even expected to make the Hockey East playoffs, let alone the NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Pretty lofty heights for a team not even expected to make the Hockey East playoffs, let alone the NCAAs.
                        gosh and who wouldda thought that a 9-6 record would have them only a couple points out of second place?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          SHoulda, coulda, woulda, but didn't. The last thing Maine needs to worry about is PWR, they need to put complete games out there and let the chips fall.
                          of course Union was surely thinking pairwise when they stomped the bears. 2 wins against Hockey East meant LOTS of comparison points for common opponents... Maine lost em.

of course Maine can HOPE for Union to fall out of the ranks of TUC's.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                            of course Maine can HOPE for Union to fall out of the ranks of TUC's.
                            Not likely looking at their remaining schedule.

Comment

Not likely looking at their remaining schedule.
                              Losses to Cornell and St. Lawrence would just about finish them off. Another loss to Dartmouth would be nice. They'll be a TUC bubble team entering the ECAC tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                                What a joke. I wonder what the selection committee would do if this is the situation Maine is in at the end of the year.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X