X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2nd official 09-10 Maine season thread

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
    Started him on my fantasy team. Sucks that Detoilet hardly provides him with a little goal support to reward his hard work when he has to carry them.
    He must feel like he is back at Maine!

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
      Did you see that shot at the end by Dek? Definitely on net.
      Okay smart a.ss, I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

the most offensive thing I ever read on here was when "somebody" told icebox that his son did not add and will not be missed.

There has never been a Maine player who tried harder and who tried to get his teammates going as much as son-of-icebox. There have been few who played through debitating injuries like he did... And one person had the nerve to put him down..
        If I recall correctly who the player was, he could have tried all he wanted but that group of players had zero respect for the coach. The result showed on the scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Jimmy plays a tremendous game, 44 saves in regulation, loses in the shootout, Malkin and Crosby schooled him
          I watched the game (thanks to you telling us about it ), Jimmy deserved a much better fate. The Penguins hammered him all game long. Fleury had 20 something saves. He made some very nice stops and the announcers really liked him. UMaine also got a little national PR. It's taken Jimmy 5 years to establish himself with the Redwings. He's made it.

Comment

Interesting fact listed next to Maine in INCH's power rankings (Maine is 16th)... they're the only team so far to play a two game series at the Gut this year and not lose a game.

Comment

Maine to 16th in the latest USCHO polls
              Curse of the Timmy

Comment

liedermark did, in fact, garner rookie of the week honors. had the same stat line as chris barton of merrimack who took potw honors.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  I watched the game (thanks to you telling us about it ), Jimmy deserved a much better fate. The Penguins hammered him all game long. Fleury had 20 something saves. He made some very nice stops and the announcers really liked him. UMaine also got a little national PR. It's taken Jimmy 5 years to establish himself with the Redwings. He's made it.
                  As good as Jimmy is, if memory serves me right, he has always been weak during shootouts. This is his second lost in a shootout during NBC's Game of the Week.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                    As good as Jimmy is, if memory serves me right, he has always been weak during shootouts. This is his second lost in a shootout during NBC's Game of the Week.
                    Yeah, thats how I remember one of his few weaknesses too. Great in all other situations, but no so great one on one.
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                      Yeah, thats how I remember one of his few weaknesses too. Great in all other situations, but no so great one on one.
                      as I remember he also took a shot to his confidence during world juniors when a semi-unknown Russian schooled him ... Everyone thought that Crosby was the great youngster, but some kid named Ovechkin lit up Jimmy ... if I recall.
                      are there any goalies who have an easy time in shoot outs against Ovechkin?

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                        Interesting fact listed next to Maine in INCH's power rankings (Maine is 16th)... they're the only team so far to play a two game series at the Gut this year and not lose a game.
                        first team to sweep a single opponent in a weekend series was maine too...

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                          jezuz, you would not belive the spinless neg reppers and what they had to say after I posted THE ABOVE...

babies
                          I know...the whole concept of it is pretty lame

As if it isn't (you said it best) spineless enough to hide behind a relatively anonymous internet forum and say things you wouldn't have the coconuts to say if you were face to face....but to one up it...you say it in a way where it doesn't even carry a user handle?

These are the same people who write e-mails instead of making phone calls when they have a problem with someone....or when they have a disagreeable conflict at work just blast the other person behind their back, but secretly fear confrontation. It's just juvenile passive-aggression....but hey, whatever inflates their self esteem for a few seconds.

If you wouldn't say it to someones face....don't say it!

Comment

Originally posted by GoMaine24 View Post
                            I know...the whole concept of it is pretty lame

As if it isn't (you said it best) spineless enough to hide behind a relatively anonymous internet forum and say things you wouldn't have the coconuts to say if you were face to face....but to one up it...you say it in a way where it doesn't even carry a user handle?

These are the same people who write e-mails instead of making phone calls when they have a problem with someone....or when they have a disagreeable conflict at work just blast the other person behind their back, but secretly fear confrontation. It's just juvenile passive-aggression....but hey, whatever inflates their self esteem for a few seconds.

If you wouldn't say it to someones face....don't say it!
                            Yeah! It would be almost as low as editing someone's Wikipedia page to say something nasty about another person. Of course, no one in this thread would do something so underhanded like writing something about me on Jeff Jackson's profile.

(Don't bother, it's been fixed.)

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              Yeah! It would be almost as low as editing someone's Wikipedia page to say something nasty about another person. Of course, no one in this thread would do something so underhanded like writing something about me on Jeff Jackson's profile.

(Don't bother, it's been fixed.)

Can you elaborate?.....I feel like Im missing something!

Comment

Hey uh... priceless... you know the history of these pages on wikipedia is still available as versions get edited. Unless this story was out there before you just volunteered information you didn't have to.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X