X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2nd official 09-10 Maine season thread

Darling expected to be ready for Vermont series
    http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/135553.html
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
      If he is going to come into the Maine thread, he should at least have his facts straight.

As far as the second part of my post, that is between myself and the other poster. You have no idea what you are talking about, not a surprise though.

if you had ANY idea what I know and don't know...

and I do not understand why people are against hockydad, he knows a lot more than most everyone on here and people just do not like hearing that their little belief systems are in peril... so they poo poo him

whatever

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
        if you had ANY idea what I know and don't know...

and I do not understand why people are against hockydad, he knows a lot more than most everyone on here and people just do not like hearing that their little belief systems are in peril... so they poo poo him

whatever
        *****http://i73.***********.com/albums/i228/jmarco21/pot-kettle-black.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23 View Post
          wait... so maine has fallen on such hard times that the fans want two exhibition wins against a canadian school, albeit undefeated but playing without their leading scorer, and a win over a group of high school juniors and seniors where their leading scorer and top pair of defensemen were suspended, to count in the polls?

A lot of people are blowing what I've been saying out of proportion...or just not interpretting it correctly.

In defending who we played I was making the point that our opponents were not complete jokes.

It's funny how you belittle their tier, but in the same sentence make excuses for them saying key players were missing. Are you implying that those players could have affected the outcome? Because if you are, then you're essentially passing them off as DIII talent, but then telling me they could have beat us in the same sentence.

How do you suppose UMass, Vermont and Cornell feel about these teams' obvious inferiority to all of division 1?

That aside....I'm not saying "Hey, look at us, we can beat UNB and U-18, we should be receiving poll votes as if we just took down a pair of TUCs"....but my original post was in response to the INCH Power Rankings and the fact that amid this weeks shuffle, there was a team or two that PASSED us in their eyes while we stood idley by. If we stand higher than a team one week, and prove to maintain a good pulse in the meantime, why should we get jumped? I'm saying that, regardless of whether or not they were exhibitions, if we showed good play against formidable competition during this week, if teams below us fall...shouldn't we just slide up with the rest of the line by default?

Seeing as that's exactly what happened in the real poll, I don't think I'm completely nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by GoMaine24 View Post
            A lot of people are blowing what I've been saying out of proportion...or just not interpretting it correctly.

In defending who we played I was making the point that our opponents were not complete jokes.

It's funny how you belittle their tier, but in the same sentence make excuses for them saying key players were missing. Are you implying that those players could have affected the outcome? Because if you are, then you're essentially passing them off as DIII talent, but then telling me they could have beat us in the same sentence.

How do you suppose UMass, Vermont and Cornell feel about these teams' obvious inferiority to all of division 1?

That aside....I'm not saying "Hey, look at us, we can beat UNB and U-18, we should be receiving poll votes as if we just took down a pair of TUCs"....but my original post was in response to the INCH Power Rankings and the fact that amid this weeks shuffle, there was a team or two that PASSED us in their eyes while we stood idley by. If we stand higher than a team one week, and prove to maintain a good pulse in the meantime, why should we get jumped? I'm saying that, regardless of whether or not they were exhibitions, if we showed good play against formidable competition during this week, if teams below us fall...shouldn't we just slide up with the rest of the line by default?

Seeing as that's exactly what happened in the real poll, I don't think I'm completely nuts!
            I understood the point you were trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              I saw a girl on a 'poll' once. She put on quite an exhibition. I gave her a very high ranking.
              *standing ovation*

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by GoMaine24 View Post

...shouldn't we just slide up with the rest of the line by default?
                Cornell, Vermont and UMass played these teams the first weekend out on the ice, most with only a week of practice, and all the losses were 1 goal games. Maine played them in the middle of the season with 20 games already played. I'm not sure the wins are really all that big and considering they are exhibition games they mean literally nothing.

As for your quandry about the polls, IMO you are reading way to much into what the inch staff thinks. Its an opinion and a limited one at that, however because it is an opinion there is no default.
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Whatta ya say we start talking about the 12 games coming up that DO mean something and stop kicking this poor dead equine. Jeez.

Comment

Will any of you kind souls fly me out some Dysart's to Denver?
                    Yep, this is definitely the kind of apartment I'll have if I ever move out of my parents' basement.

Comment

Going up to Vermont this saturday. Anyone else going?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfanforlife View Post
                        Going up to Vermont this saturday. Anyone else going?
                        I'll be there for both games with BlackBearFan45 and a non-board member.
                        Friday Section 15 row K seats 3-5, and Saturday section 15 row J seats 10-12.
                        Raised in Vermont, Educated in Maine, Living in New Hampshire, Tolerating Massachusetts, Not spending enough time on this board!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMZero View Post
                          I'll be there for both games with BlackBearFan45 and a non-board member.
                          Friday Section 15 row K seats 3-5, and Saturday section 15 row J seats 10-12.
                          Headed over for both games with the wife. Visitors section (13 or 15? - can't remember) Hope the boys come out flying both nights.

Comment

Expect some good reports from all of you who are going. I hope it's all of a winning nature.

Comment

I know it's late but something came up and I can't go.

Does anyone want to buy a pair of tickets to both Maine@vt games this weekend? I am in Orono. My email is mfitch@lfipc if you are interested. Will sell for $15 a ticket. (face value is 20)

Comment

I'm thinking split is the best Maine will do out there but not real sure that will happen. It'd be nice to see how Darling is doing in practice, Maine needs some good goaltending to get a win out there
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X