X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2nd official 09-10 Maine season thread

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    I saw a girl on a 'poll' once. She put on quite an exhibition. I gave her a very high ranking.
    you slid her the crispest one dollar bill you had, rather than a rattier, older one?

lucky lady

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      I saw a girl on a 'poll' once. She put on quite an exhibition. I gave her a very high ranking.
      She said it wasn't that high.
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Any predictions for this weekend series? These could be crucial games in determining home ice playoff series at the end of the year. I would think Maine needs at least 2 points to have any chance at home ice. Anyone know if Darling is playing?
        Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
          Any predictions for this weekend series? These could be crucial games in determining home ice playoff series at the end of the year. I would think Maine needs at least 2 points to have any chance at home ice. Anyone know if Darling is playing?
          Every point or points is big from here on in....Darling said last week he would not practice in full gear till this Wednesday...imo you won't know anything on Darling's playing status till Friday night....

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            I am glad you jumped on him for getting the chronology of the 2 league losses right. Heck, can you imagine the difference in the polls if Maine HAD lost to BC after getting spanked by Beaudry the night before?
            and fwiw, spelling and capitalizations in neg reps really do mean more than ... I dunno, things that don't mean as much, I guess
            If he is going to come into the Maine thread, he should at least have his facts straight.

As far as the second part of my post, that is between myself and the other poster. You have no idea what you are talking about, not a surprise though.

Comment

Predictions...? sure, Maine gets swept right outta Burlington....even if Darling is back hes not game sharp and Maine wont win without a superb goalie performance up in those woods. Another lost weekend for da Bearz unfortuneately.
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
                Every point or points is big from here on in....Darling said last week he would not practice in full gear till this Wednesday...imo you won't know anything on Darling's playing status till Friday night....
                Darling said on Saturday that he would practice on Monday in full gear and be ready to go this weekend.

Comment

Any predictions for this weekend series?
                  Pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    sorry, they got spanked 6-1 the night before. Ignore the conference games and focus on exhibitions vs D3 type teams.

Please.
                    It turns out our friend Hokiedope went whining to the politically correct board and got PC91 banned. This is what happens when you let the special school children play with the big boys.

Free PC91, ban Hokiedope.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      It turns out our friend Hokiedope went whining to the politically correct board and got PC91 banned. This is what happens when you let the special school children play with the big boys.

Free PC91, ban Hokiedope.
                      Maybe if we all ignore him long enough he'll just go away. If nobody responds to his posts, like a little kid he'll leave the sandbox and go home.

Comment

wait... so maine has fallen on such hard times that the fans want two exhibition wins against a canadian school, albeit undefeated but playing without their leading scorer, and a win over a group of high school juniors and seniors where their leading scorer and top pair of defensemen were suspended, to count in the polls?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23 View Post
                          wait... so maine has fallen on such hard times that the fans want two exhibition wins against a canadian school, albeit undefeated but playing without their leading scorer, and a win over a group of high school juniors and seniors where their leading scorer and top pair of defensemen were suspended, to count in the polls?
                          Yes, because one person on a message board = the entire fan base

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23 View Post
                            You're forgetting that Maine spanked the John Bapst womens JV team last fall at Sawyer....good for another 4 or 5 ranking spots, no ?

So whats the deal with all these newbies coming outta the woodwork lately. You and Hokeydinc deserve each other.
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Saw the women's team just had a freshman named an Olympian....who's going to be the next Olympic talent from the men's side?

Jimmy Howard 2014? Nyquist 2018?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                Darling said on Saturday that he would practice on Monday in full gear and be ready to go this weekend.
                                Good to hear...I was going by the interview he had with Hannigan in-between periods of the UNB/Maine exhibition game last Tuesday....

Comment

Working...
                                X