Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The games of 14 January - 1 month to Valentine's Day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The games of 14 January - 1 month to Valentine's Day!!

A limited slate of games tonight with no NCAA implications . Post 'em as you get them

Worcester State at Plymouth State 6:00 pm
    Curry at Utica 7:00 pm PPV fasthockey
    Salve Regina at Fitchburg State 7:00 pm MASCAC-TV
    Salem State at UMass Dartmouth 7:30 pm cell phone network
    Framingham State at Westfield State 7:35 pm
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: The games of 14 January - 1 month to Valentine's Day!!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    A limited slate of games tonight with no NCAA implications . Post 'em as you get them

What is this "cell phone network" of which you speak?
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Would have thought TV would have had MASCAC GAME
      Last edited by Steve Day; 01-14-2010, 05:54 PM.
      Steve Day(NU71)
      Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        What is this "cell phone network" of which you speak?
        The cell phone network is somebody who is at the rink calling me to keep me updated. Normally it is a parent - however for the rest of the year, unless the game is on TV, it is a player who is on the DL with a season ending injury.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

The cell phone network is somebody who is at the rink calling me to keep me updated. Normally it is a parent - however for the rest of the year, unless the game is on TV, it is a player who is on the DL with a season ending injury.
          That really stinks, Joe. A goalie I presume
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            That really stinks, Joe. A goalie I presume
            Yes, but he has only dressed in 8 games. If the NEC stats person had looked at the scoresheet and read the names, instead of the numbers, he would not have been credited with dressing in game #9.

And tonight Avione is wearing #30, so he may get credit for the start which REALLY will mess things up.
            Last edited by joecct; 01-14-2010, 08:52 PM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yes, but he has only dressed in 8 games. If the NEC stats person had looked at the scoresheet and read the names, instead of the numbers, he would not have been credited with dressing in game #9.

And tonight Avione is wearing #30, so he may get credit for the start which REALLY will mess things up.

Hint -- (8 < 25/3)
              Curry up 1-0 after first period

Comment

Thanks to video problems, no commentators, and a cameraman unwilling to show the scoreboard: I have no idea what the score is in the Fitchburg State-Salve Regina game. Here's what I know:

- Fitchburg has at least one goal: Travis Bertolotti (2)
                - Fitchburg started Bobby Leiser, who is an early candidate for PoTW (52/53 performance against NEC on Tuesday night).
                - Salve Regina probably started Ben Bradley
                - Plymouth State is beating Worcester State 4-0 through two periods.

Comment

Salem rings one off the back bar and out, but no light and no point.

Little later UMD misses a wide open cage.

Getting to be a game of no goals... Salem bats one into the net, but with the hand, not the stick. Despite protestations, a rule is a rule and it does not count.

Still 0-0 SSC-UMD
                  Last edited by joecct; 01-14-2010, 06:56 PM.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hint -- (8 < 25/3)
                    Well Joe, he had an impressive start to the season. His season may have ended prematurely, but he left SSC in a position to potentially get a Pool C bid, though the rest of the team failed in that endeavor.

I see he's a junior. What is the likelihood that he plays next year? If he plays, SSC is probably looking forward to fighting for a Pool C bid next season.

Also, This doesn't falsely credit him with the NEC game.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Joe, did Salem bring in a new goalie at the half-way mark because of the injury? Didn't recognize the name of the starter from the last game....

Also is JL done for the year?? If so what a bad break

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                        Well Joe, he had an impressive start to the season. His season may have ended prematurely, but he left SSC in a position to potentially get a Pool C bid, though the rest of the team failed in that endeavor.

I see he's a junior. What is the likelihood that he plays next year? If he plays, SSC is probably looking forward to fighting for a Pool C bid next season.

Also, This doesn't falsely credit him with the NEC game.
                        Cards

He's an NCAA Senior
                        Yr 1 - arrives in January - practices 9x, never dresses and gets high ankle sprain. NCAA is counting this as a year of competition
                        Yr 2 (CHS #1) 07-08 7 GP 1 GS 130:45 mins
                        Yr 3 (CHS #2) 08-09 3 GP 3 GS 180:00 mins
                        Yr 4 (CHS #3) 09-10 8 games played. The NEC game he was listed as dressed, but did not play, even though he was home studying for a make-up final.

Update from Hetland -- the no goals continue...
                        UMD waived off -- net was off its moorings
                        Shots so far 16-6 SSC
                        End 1 0-0
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by viking_lover View Post
                          Joe, did Salem bring in a new goalie at the half-way mark because of the injury? Didn't recognize the name of the starter from the last game....

Also is JL done for the year?? If so what a bad break
                          VL

James is done - concussion and post concussion stuff. Saw the neuros this week down here in Maryland as Mass has their healthcare system in knots (Earliest Neuro doc in MA appt was 2/8. Guys down here saw him Mon/Tues). Not bad, but they want him to heal fully and they want him down for 3 months, minumum, before resuming activities.

One things for sure - it is new mask time. I think a form fitted job is looking like the way to go.

They brought Ridgeway back after Pye did not return to school, but Avione played vs. NEC. They switched numbers and the stats guy looked @ collegehockeystats roster, not the scoresheet.
                          Last edited by joecct; 01-14-2010, 07:20 PM.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Fitchburg State leads Salve Regina 5-1 through 2 periods.

With a hard to follow broadcast, it's hard to really try to describe things about this game. I only know that it's 5-1 because I caught a glimpse of the scoreboard before Fitchburg scored twice. Besides that, the only definite info I have is: Bertolotti scored a goal for Fitchburg, and that Bobby Leiser (FIT) and Ben Bradley (SLV) are the goalies.

In other useless MASCAC news, Plymouth State beat Worcester State 7-1.

Comment

5 min gone in pd 2 at Hetland
                              Still 0-0 between the Vikings and Corsairs.

Update: after 40:00 - no score
                              Last edited by joecct; 01-14-2010, 07:43 PM.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X