PDA

View Full Version : The games of 14 January - 1 month to Valentine's Day!!

Pages : [1] 2

joecct
01-14-2010, 03:53 PM
A limited slate of games tonight with no NCAA implications :(. Post 'em as you get them

Worcester State at Plymouth State 6:00 pm
Curry at Utica 7:00 pm PPV fasthockey
Salve Regina at Fitchburg State 7:00 pm MASCAC-TV
Salem State at UMass Dartmouth 7:30 pm cell phone network
Framingham State at Westfield State 7:35 pm

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
01-14-2010, 03:55 PM
A limited slate of games tonight with no NCAA implications :(. Post 'em as you get them

What is this "cell phone network" of which you speak?

Steve Day
01-14-2010, 05:50 PM

Would have thought TV would have had MASCAC GAME

joecct
01-14-2010, 05:58 PM
What is this "cell phone network" of which you speak?The cell phone network is somebody who is at the rink calling me to keep me updated. Normally it is a parent - however for the rest of the year, unless the game is on TV, it is a player who is on the DL with a season ending injury.

NUProf
01-14-2010, 06:13 PM
The cell phone network is somebody who is at the rink calling me to keep me updated. Normally it is a parent - however for the rest of the year, unless the game is on TV, it is a player who is on the DL with a season ending injury.

That really stinks, Joe. A goalie I presume :(

joecct
01-14-2010, 06:21 PM
That really stinks, Joe. A goalie I presume :(Yes, but he has only dressed in 8 games. If the NEC stats person had looked at the scoresheet and read the names, instead of the numbers, he would not have been credited with dressing in game #9.

And tonight Avione is wearing #30, so he may get credit for the start which REALLY will mess things up.

nefan
01-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Yes, but he has only dressed in 8 games. If the NEC stats person had looked at the scoresheet and read the names, instead of the numbers, he would not have been credited with dressing in game #9.

And tonight Avione is wearing #30, so he may get credit for the start which REALLY will mess things up.

Hint -- (8 < 25/3)

Curry up 1-0 after first period

MCullen
01-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks to video problems, no commentators, and a cameraman unwilling to show the scoreboard: I have no idea what the score is in the Fitchburg State-Salve Regina game. Here's what I know:

- Fitchburg has at least one goal: Travis Bertolotti (2)
- Fitchburg started Bobby Leiser, who is an early candidate for PoTW (52/53 performance against NEC on Tuesday night).
- Salve Regina probably started Ben Bradley
- Plymouth State is beating Worcester State 4-0 through two periods.

joecct
01-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Salem rings one off the back bar and out, but no light and no point.

Little later UMD misses a wide open cage.

Getting to be a game of no goals... Salem bats one into the net, but with the hand, not the stick. Despite protestations, a rule is a rule and it does not count.

Still 0-0 SSC-UMD

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
01-14-2010, 06:52 PM
The cell phone network is somebody who is at the rink calling me to keep me updated. Normally it is a parent - however for the rest of the year, unless the game is on TV, it is a player who is on the DL with a season ending injury.

Yes, but he has only dressed in 8 games. If the NEC stats person had looked at the scoresheet and read the names, instead of the numbers, he would not have been credited with dressing in game #9.

Hint -- (8 < 25/3)

Well Joe, he had an impressive start to the season. His season may have ended prematurely, but he left SSC in a position to potentially get a Pool C bid, though the rest of the team failed in that endeavor.

I see he's a junior. What is the likelihood that he plays next year? If he plays, SSC is probably looking forward to fighting for a Pool C bid next season.

Also, This (http://www.uscho.com/stats/gamebygame.php?player=15480&team=97&season=20092010&gender=m) doesn't falsely credit him with the NEC game.

viking_lover
01-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Joe, did Salem bring in a new goalie at the half-way mark because of the injury? Didn't recognize the name of the starter from the last game....

Also is JL done for the year?? If so what a bad break:confused:

joecct
01-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Well Joe, he had an impressive start to the season. His season may have ended prematurely, but he left SSC in a position to potentially get a Pool C bid, though the rest of the team failed in that endeavor.

I see he's a junior. What is the likelihood that he plays next year? If he plays, SSC is probably looking forward to fighting for a Pool C bid next season.

Also, This (http://www.uscho.com/stats/gamebygame.php?player=15480&team=97&season=20092010&gender=m) doesn't falsely credit him with the NEC game.Cards

He's an NCAA Senior
Yr 1 - arrives in January - practices 9x, never dresses and gets high ankle sprain. NCAA is counting this as a year of competition
Yr 2 (CHS #1) 07-08 7 GP 1 GS 130:45 mins
Yr 3 (CHS #2) 08-09 3 GP 3 GS 180:00 mins
Yr 4 (CHS #3) 09-10 8 games played. The NEC game he was listed as dressed, but did not play, even though he was home studying for a make-up final.

Update from Hetland -- the no goals continue...
UMD waived off -- net was off its moorings
Shots so far 16-6 SSC
End 1 0-0

joecct
01-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Joe, did Salem bring in a new goalie at the half-way mark because of the injury? Didn't recognize the name of the starter from the last game....

Also is JL done for the year?? If so what a bad break:confused:VL

James is done - concussion and post concussion stuff. Saw the neuros this week down here in Maryland as Mass has their healthcare system in knots (Earliest Neuro doc in MA appt was 2/8. Guys down here saw him Mon/Tues). Not bad, but they want him to heal fully and they want him down for 3 months, minumum, before resuming activities.

One things for sure - it is new mask time. I think a form fitted job is looking like the way to go.

They brought Ridgeway back after Pye did not return to school, but Avione played vs. NEC. They switched numbers and the stats guy looked @ collegehockeystats roster, not the scoresheet.

MCullen
01-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Fitchburg State leads Salve Regina 5-1 through 2 periods.

With a hard to follow broadcast, it's hard to really try to describe things about this game. I only know that it's 5-1 because I caught a glimpse of the scoreboard before Fitchburg scored twice. Besides that, the only definite info I have is: Bertolotti scored a goal for Fitchburg, and that Bobby Leiser (FIT) and Ben Bradley (SLV) are the goalies.

In other useless MASCAC news, Plymouth State beat Worcester State 7-1.

joecct
01-14-2010, 07:39 PM
5 min gone in pd 2 at Hetland
Still 0-0 between the Vikings and Corsairs.

Update: after 40:00 - no score

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
01-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Cards

He's an NCAA Senior
Yr 1 - arrives in January - practices 9x, never dresses and gets high ankle sprain. NCAA is counting this as a year of competition
Yr 2 (CHS #1) 07-08 7 GP 1 GS 130:45 mins
Yr 3 (CHS #2) 08-09 3 GP 3 GS 180:00 mins
Yr 4 (CHS #3) 09-10 8 games played. The NEC game he was listed as dressed, but did not play, even though he was home studying for a make-up final.

Oh. I was going by the roster listed on their USCHO, my bad. Well, I'm sure he's disappointed with the way his collegiate career went, but what I saw on MASCAC TV, and the stats he put up in those 8 games, definitely impressed. Best of luck to him!

joecct
01-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh. I was going by the roster listed on their USCHO, my bad. Well, I'm sure he's disappointed with the way his collegiate career went, but what I saw on MASCAC TV, and the stats he put up in those 8 games, definitely impressed. Best of luck to him!It was a team effort. A goalie is only as good as the team in front of him and a team is only as good as the goalie behind them.

MCullen
01-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Fitchburg State defeated Salve Regina 6-1.

Not going to try to elaborate on this one, with the shoddy broadcast and all. The box score will explain it better than I can.

Fitchburg improves to 8/9-3-1 and will play Framingham State next in a return to conference play on Saturday. Salve Regina falls to a dismal 1-13 record, and get to play Becker next in ECAC Northeast action on Wednesday the 20th.

Fitchburg State finished non-conference play with a 3-1-1 record against D-III foes, but the weak schedule and the loss to Amherst was probably more than enough to ruin their pool B chances. Especially since Elmira is playing so well.

Also, James is listed as a junior on collegehockeystats as well as on USCHO. He is correctly listed as a senior on the Salem State website. Maybe there was a typo on the roster when it was submitted?

Regardless, best of luck to James.

viking_lover
01-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Final from Dartmouth anyone?

nysportsfan29
01-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Any other updates from Utica? I'm surprised, seems like the biggest game of the evening. Where on earth is Pioneers#1??