PDA

View Full Version : This Week in ECAC Hockey poll: dominance.

ECACHL writer
01-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Who is this year's dominant force in ECAC Hockey?

MarkEagleUSA
01-14-2010, 11:09 AM
I voted "None" because until the # of games played evens out it's too hard to call any one team dominant yet.

FlagDUDE08
01-14-2010, 05:01 PM
None. Sure there are teams with good records, but they've also lost a few games against key opponents. Even Union. Yes they may be undefeated in league play, but that involves three ties, and a non-conference loss to an ECAC foe... I can't remember who that was..... hmmmm..... ;)

I would not be surprised to see a changing of the guard in a few weeks.

MarkEagleUSA
01-14-2010, 06:22 PM
I would not be surprised to see a changing of the guard in a few weeks.You think Clarkson's gonna sneak up on everyone? :p

hockeyplayer1015
01-14-2010, 06:29 PM
You think Clarkson's gonna sneak up on everyone? :p

They just signed a new assistant coach who will lead them to the promised land, and they brought in some dangerous forward from Europe too. Those two will make the difference!;)

35-Year Go Big Red Fan
01-14-2010, 06:42 PM
As the leader in points and winning percentage, Union :eek: is preeminent, if not clearly dominant, in the season so far.

Red Cloud
01-14-2010, 07:27 PM
As the leader in points and winning percentage, Union :eek: is preeminent, if not clearly dominant, in the season so far.

As a team with about a million overtime games this year, no.

There's nobody that can be pointed to as "dominant" at this point. Ask again in 2-3 weeks and there might be a real answer.

Although if this question had been asked a month and a half ago, it's Quinnipiac.

Ralph Baer
01-15-2010, 05:51 AM
None. Sure there are teams with good records, but they've also lost a few games against key opponents. Even Union. Yes they may be undefeated in league play, but that involves three ties, and a non-conference loss to an ECAC foe... I can't remember who that was..... hmmmm..... ;)

I would not be surprised to see a changing of the guard in a few weeks.

I would be more surprised if there is no changing of the guard within a few weeks. No team is dominant, or likely to become such, this year. Union has a good team with a good coach, but little more than that. Of course, with Sullivan picking RPI, that gives Union another week at the top. :(

allnightwong
01-15-2010, 05:55 AM
I voted Union, they are undefeated and I just couldn't bring myself to pick the boring None option.

ThePeople
01-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Clearly there are no real dominant teams; even if you look at the stats almost every single team has some really good wins and then ones where you just go "huh?". Union has had way too many OT games and quite a bit of luck in a bunch of games to be considered 'dominant'(maybe I would consider them for 'team that gives the most effort every game') - but they don't even know who there #1 goalie is yet.
This is the first time in a while where almost every team has a legitimate shot to win each game

Maybe this poll should be for who is the least dominant; then we can all vote for Clarkson and Dartmouth

Wholin1
01-19-2010, 02:00 PM
What was the dominant ECAC team of the decade? :confused: