Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BGSU @ NMU, Jan 15/16: Oh, yeah, we have these games, too...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BGSU @ NMU, Jan 15/16: Oh, yeah, we have these games, too...

I just can't get over how bad Bowling Green is playing right now.... and Western Michigan. You look at the standings and there are 10 teams and then a black hole.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMACer View Post
      I just can't get over how bad Bowling Green is playing right now.... and Western Michigan. You look at the standings and there are 10 teams and then a black hole.
      Western especially after starting the year off 4-0 (Granted that was vs. Mercyhurst and Alabama-Huntsville)
      Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
        Western especially after starting the year off 4-0 (Granted that was vs. Mercyhurst and Alabama-Huntsville)
        I'm not surprised. I view it as necessary suffering to force the inevitable.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          For those of you that were there, what brought on the cheap shot to Stewie?
          I'm sure there were more on-ice drama than what we could see/hear from the stands. I saw at least one other incident where they shoved Stewie and nothing came from it (this was at the time of T.J.'s first grasping the facemask penalty).

So, I figure BGSU was frustrated and possibly NMU was running their mouths a bit. Those things together can really fan the flames. Long story short whatever lead up to it, it was uncalled for. I wish the refs just let Spady go and kicked No. 28's *** just to teach him a lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            NMU has a deal with B2 to watch the games... It's $7 or $8 and you can find links on the NMU Sports webpage...

For those of you that were there, what brought on the cheap shot to Stewie?
            Well, the altercation started when Smith was cross checked in the corner. Smith got up and started jawing with the player, and I believe Spady or McAuley jumped in there too and started pushing. This drew the other players in, and one of the BGSU players tackled Olver around the faceoff dot. (which i think drew the extra DQ for the BGSU player) There wasnt much in the way of fighting, more just pushing-shoving, grappling until #28 punched Stewart (BGSU player DQ'd) then Spady went after him in the video (Spady DQ'd). It was at the other end of the ice, so if I have players mixed up or incidents out of place...sorry.
            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
            2006-2007: 15-24-2
            2007-2008: 20-20-4
            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by DETBrass27 View Post
              I'm sure there were more on-ice drama than what we could see/hear from the stands. I saw at least one other incident where they shoved Stewie and nothing came from it (this was at the time of T.J.'s first grasping the facemask penalty).

So, I figure BGSU was frustrated and possibly NMU was running their mouths a bit. Those things together can really fan the flames. Long story short whatever lead up to it, it was uncalled for. I wish the refs just let Spady go and kicked No. 28's *** just to teach him a lesson.
              That's kinda what I just assumed... At 6-0, odds are someone is frustrated/peeved... Add is some rousing from the winning team and you have a volatile mix...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Nice game 'Cats. Fourth straight consistent game. Keep it up.

Nice response by the 'Cats for sticking up for their teammates.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Im pleased with a 5 point weekend, considering the 'Cats were trailing 3-1 going into the third.

It wasnt a complete effort, as BGSU dominated the 2nd period. Still, 5 points is better than 3 points, and those two extra points could loom large down the road.
                  Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                  1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                  2006-2007: 15-24-2
                  2007-2008: 20-20-4
                  2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                    Im pleased with a 5 point weekend, considering the 'Cats were trailing 3-1 going into the third.

It wasnt a complete effort, as BGSU dominated the 2nd period. Still, 5 points is better than 3 points, and those two extra points could loom large down the road.
                    I caught the 3rd period on the Web, my first attempt at that. Went well all through the 3rd, but the darn thing locked up last minute of overtime, (is that normal?).
                    Obviously if the 3rd period effort was put into the 1st or 2nd, a victory would have been at hand.
                    Let's get it going Cats. Should have been two wins this weekend. Bad enough we tied Tech.
                    “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                    – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                    when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

I haven't had any problems with it locking up for more than 2-3 seconds. I am on cable internet, so it might be connection speed.

That's hockey for you, two completely different games. Good to see some nice back and forth play, and NMU was so close to winning it in OT. Nothing can be done now except congratulate the team for coming alive, hitting hard and earning the points they did.

UNO just got swept by Lake State and we swept them earlier in the year. Gotta keep the intensity up.
                      Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                        I haven't had any problems with it locking up for more than 2-3 seconds. I am on cable internet, so it might be connection speed.

That's hockey for you, two completely different games. Good to see some nice back and forth play, and NMU was so close to winning it in OT. Nothing can be done now except congratulate the team for coming alive, hitting hard and earning the points they did.

UNO just got swept by Lake State and we swept them earlier in the year. Gotta keep the intensity up.
                        I am on Dish Internet, so I guess I better check for clouds before I purchase. Rain moved in last night and my speed has been real slow since. I am pumped I get to see the Cats more often.
                        Not very impressed with the crowd. I saw a whole bunch of empty seats.
                        “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                        – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                        when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
                          I am on Dish Internet, so I guess I better check for clouds before I purchase. Rain moved in last night and my speed has been real slow since. I am pumped I get to see the Cats more often.
                          Not very impressed with the crowd. I saw a whole bunch of empty seats.
                          Its been like that for the last few seasons. The fan support at games has been extremely lackluster. The tie last night pretty much killed our chances of making the NCAA's, as we are now 23rd in the PWR rankings.
                          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                            Its been like that for the last few seasons. The fan support at games has been extremely lackluster. The tie last night pretty much killed our chances of making the NCAA's, as we are now 23rd in the PWR rankings.
                            We were approximately 23rd before the MTU series, so it's been a wash. There is still two months of hockey left, and LOTS of PWR wiggle room still.
                            Last edited by aparch; 01-17-2010, 01:03 PM.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by DETBrass27 View Post

It was definitely a cheap shot i can't deny that but i know Bobby Shea personally and trust me if Spady went after him it wouldn't have ended very well for Spady...Shea played 52 games with Green Bay in the USHL last year and got into 20 fights. Dropyourgloves.com judges his record in those fights at 10-3-2 (they usually dont render a decision if it isn't a clean fight.) He'll never be confused with Ray Bourque or Nick Lidstrom but if there is one thing that Bobby Shea is good at in hockey, trust me it's fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                                It was definitely a cheap shot i can't deny that but i know Bobby Shea personally and trust me if Spady went after him it wouldn't have ended very well for Spady...Shea played 52 games with Green Bay in the USHL last year and got into 20 fights. Dropyourgloves.com judges his record in those fights at 10-3-2 (they usually dont render a decision if it isn't a clean fight.) He'll never be confused with Ray Bourque or Nick Lidstrom but if there is one thing that Bobby Shea is good at in hockey, trust me it's fighting.
                                I agree that Shea is pretty tough. But Spady is quick and strong as an ox. It would have been a pretty good scrap.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X