F Rhett Rahkshani-Tyler Ruegsegger-Joe Colborne

F Anthony Maiani-Jesse Martin-Kyle Ostrow

F Matt Glasser-Drew Shore-Chris Knowlton

F Shawn Ostrow-Brian Gifford-Brandon Vossberg

D Patrick Wiercioch-John Lee

D Matt Donovan-Chris Nutini

D Paul Phillips-Cody Brookwell

G Marc Cheverie

It's good to see Donovan and Nutini back in the lineup.
    I assume we will see Ryder and Wrenn on Saturday replacing Phillips and Brookwell.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVI: From Boonetown to Motown

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      IIRC, he was on that Silver medal winning Finnish team in 2006

http://www.databaseolympics.com/play...kid=LaaksAnt01

BTW, on your recent post on the "Bring out your dead" thread you mentioned Bill Jennings. His son Jeff was at DU when I was. He was always in the next booth over in the press box. At the FF in '66, Jeff brought along some Stanley Cup highlight film. In it, Glenn Hall made a particularly spectacular save, on his back, reaching up to snare the thing on the way in. Buddy Blom freaked out. And had 'em replay the save over and over and over again.
      Nice detective work there

I knew Jennings son went to DU but he graduated before I got there.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        Nice detective work there

I knew Jennings son went to DU but he graduated before I got there.
        It was harder finding the link. I remember bragging on him to some friends at the time.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
          Colborne and Wiercioch have made no secret of the desire to play in the NHL. I agree with Swami they both have to grow into their bodies. Colborne will turn 20 at the end of this month and Wiercioch doesn't turn 20 until September of this year. They both have some filling out to do. Other than a few super stars, they would still be on the young side for the NHL after this year.
          Big Joe has stepped it up this year. Last year he was always behind the play by a step or two--this year he's in it. He doesn't seem as lanky and has more presence in the corners. He's not ready but he's moving that way. If I were him I'd stay put another year. Patrick was amazing against UW last year--something like 6 goals in 5 games I think. He liked going in there and showing his stuff to Eaves and Co.

Heading to the Avs game tomorrow night. Where's a good place to watch the first period of the DU game close to the Can where we can get a bite to eat too?
          Last edited by MagnessMan; 01-21-2010, 10:11 PM.
          Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post

Heading to the Avs game tomorrow night. Where's a good place to watch the first period of the DU game close to the Can where we can get a bite to eat too?
            Brooklyn's is right across the street from Pepsi Center and has decent food. You'd have to get there early (definitely no later than 5) to get a TV tuned and to get a seat. If you arrive soon after 5, you still might be able to work a deal upstairs. Next to Brooklyn's, toward downtown, is Braun's. Same kind of deal, still need to get there fairly early. Outside of those two places, you need to go to LoDo. Old Chicago is a good choice or ESPN Zone on the 16th street mall. You might have to either leave early from the latter two places to make faceoff for Av game though.
            DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
            sigpic
            WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
              Does anyone know if Laaksonen ever played for the Finnish Olympic team?
              I saw Laaksonen play live on his way to an Olympic silver medal in Torino for Finland in 2006. He looked good on the big ice.

He also won a silver medal on the Finnish Team for the World Cup of Hockey in 2004.

Comment

bump!! Who's on the scoring thread tonight?
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                  Here and hoping that the broadcast on NHL Network is in HD. DG and the crew are on their way to Madison.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Just caught this little tidbit in Chamber's blog.

Junior forward Jesse Martin spent part of this week at his parent’s home in Edmonton, where his mother underwent serious but successful surgery. Martin will travel and play. From what I’m told, Jacquie Martin is doing well.
                    Here's wishing Jesse's mom a quick and successful recovery. Hopefully Jesse pots a few goals for her this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                      Brooklyn's is right across the street from Pepsi Center and has decent food. You'd have to get there early (definitely no later than 5) to get a TV tuned and to get a seat. If you arrive soon after 5, you still might be able to work a deal upstairs. Next to Brooklyn's, toward downtown, is Braun's. Same kind of deal, still need to get there fairly early. Outside of those two places, you need to go to LoDo. Old Chicago is a good choice or ESPN Zone on the 16th street mall. You might have to either leave early from the latter two places to make faceoff for Av game though.
                      ESPNZone is no longer -- they yanked it last summer. Now it is the Tilted Kilt http://www.tiltedkilt.com/colorado/index.html.

Otherwise, I'd agree -- Brooklyn's is the best place AT the Can, however impossible to get a seat (or service) near gametime. Also a touch pricey, because they can be. Braun's or Blue Sky Grill 2nd, both are too pricey for what they are. If i'm just drinking beforehand, i hit up the happy hour in the Pour House, Nalen's, The Lure, or Maloney's. If i want to eat, it's usually Old C's.

r

Comment

Here and hoping that the broadcast on NHL Network is in HD. DG and the crew are on their way to Madison.
                        Oh God please tell me that my Direct TV sports package will carry this game
                        Tom Serratore

Comment

Oh God please tell me that my Direct TV sports package will carry this game
                          Direct TV 669 FSN W, 683 FSN RM, 215 NHL Network
                          Last edited by du78; 01-22-2010, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I'll be there. Who could miss DU vs the badgers?

May the force be with us!
                            Let the Kohl Streak Continue!!
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Direct TV 669 FSN W, 683 FSN RM, 215 NHL Network
                              yeah baby I realize I do this to you every week, I just has a momentary fear!!
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

I'll be on tonight for sure. In fact, I'm leaving work early to get things done to make sure there is nothing for me to do but watch this game.
                                DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                                sigpic
                                WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X