This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All things Denver XXVI: From Boonetown to Motown

...make more pressure on the opponent and keep scheibenführenden especially what is happening in our back better in the eye
    Couldn't have said it better myself. LOL.
    DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
    sigpic
    WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Had a friend from DU in the '80s run into Viedemann recently in a pub in Preoria, IL. I think he'll like the pub scene in Germany.

Comment

If Bozak comes in and kicks azz in Toronto a huge beneficiary could be be Tyler Ruegsegger. Toronto has his rights and I've always been afraid that they wouldn't give him a fair chance up there because he is American.

If Bozak's a star, the DU angle is going to be an easier sell to Toronto's brass & fans. Ruegsegger could be an awesome third line center in the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          If Bozak comes in and kicks azz in Toronto a huge beneficiary could be be Tyler Ruegsegger. Toronto has his rights and I've always been afraid that they wouldn't give him a fair chance up there because he is American.

If Bozak's a star, the DU angle is going to be an easier sell to Toronto's brass & fans. Ruegsegger could be an awesome third line center in the NHL.
          If Toronto doesn't want him I will welcome with open arms to join up with the Islanders and continue the Rock and Ruegs show in the NHL.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

IMHO, his skating would need a ton of improvement for him to make any NHL impact. He sure has the head, the heart and and the hands for the NHL, but his skating needs a lot more work...Besides Toronto's GM (Burke) and Coach (Wilson) are both Americans who are also heading up our 2010 US Olympic team, so I don't think there is a bias there. There are 5 Americans playing on the Leafs right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
              IMHO, his skating would need a ton of improvement for him to make any NHL impact. He sure has the head, the heart and and the hands for the NHL, but his skating needs a lot more work...Besides Toronto's GM (Burke) and Coach (Wilson) are both Americans who are also heading up our 2010 US Olympic team, so I don't think there is a bias there. There are 5 Americans playing on the Leafs right now.
              They also played their college hockey at Providence.

Comment

Bruce Ciskie has picked his Mid-Season All WCHA Team.
                First Team: Rakhshani, Wiercioch, and Cheverie
                Second Team: Ruegsegger
                Third Team: Colborne
                Rookie Team: Donovan

Player of the Year: tUMD's Jack Connolly(he's seen all his games) with Rakhshani next.

You can see all the picks at:
                http://ciskie.blogspot.com/
                GO DU !!!

Comment

CC drops their fourth straight to the Badgers tonight 4-0.
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                    CC drops their fourth straight to the Badgers tonight 4-0.
                    Ah, as the Northern Hemisphere is once more beginning its lean towards the Sun, with the spring equinox moving closer towards us. People all from all over college hockey await the inevitable collapse of the Colorado College hockey team. Signs point to an early Spring when the CC meltdown begins in January.

Comment

Ah, as the Northern Hemisphere is once more beginning its lean towards the Sun, with the spring equinox moving closer towards us. People all from all over college hockey await the inevitable collapse of the Colorado College hockey team. Signs point to an early Spring when the CC meltdown begins in January.
                      Amazing, it's like clockwork!! I don't want to speak too soon and jinx it, but it did seem that they had a fairly easy schedule in the first half with a lot of home games and 'puck luck". Plus they lost so many good players, it looked like it was going to be a building year anyway. Well, we'll see. Now we really have to worry about Duluth and Wisco!!

Meanwhile back here, BC got it together and pounded Maine, Providence looked pretty good against BU. All things considered, Hockey East looks pretty weak this year.

Go DU!!!
                      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

Newbie here with a question. We have 4 of the best college hockey games on the planet coming up over the next two weekends and only the Friday night mathcup with Wisconsin is being televised...nothing from Grand Forks. Is there any chance someone picks up any of the three other games? Does NHL Network, FSRM, or anyone else add games this late or has the schedule been set? Also, saw the und/Minnesota game on Big 10 Network last night, could they add the Sat. Badger game?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                          Newbie here with a question. We have 4 of the best college hockey games on the planet coming up over the next two weekends and only the Friday night mathcup with Wisconsin is being televised...nothing from Grand Forks. Is there any chance someone picks up any of the three other games? Does NHL Network, FSRM, or anyone else add games this late or has the schedule been set? Also, saw the und/Minnesota game on Big 10 Network last night, could they add the Sat. Badger game?

Thanks!
                          Sometimes you can get the Minnesota games onthe internet on justintv. Last night's game was on, so there is hope.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Sometimes you can get the Minnesota games onthe internet on justintv. Last night's game was on, so there is hope.
                            Thanks Vizoroo. I will watch them on the PC if I have to and I do see the und games will be on Pioneer Vision. Just want them on my bigscreen though!

I just upgraded my Qwest DSL and did a speed test, I'm at 3.8 Mb/s, is that good enough to enjoy Pioneer Vision? I tried the uaa games earlier in the year from the Alaska feed and they sucked something fierce.

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

Thanks!
                              The Friday DU/WI and DU/UND games will both be on the NHL Network with the Friday DU/WI also being on FSN RM. The Saturday DU/UND game will be on FSSN and FCS. FSSN telecasts all UND home games so the NHL Network will pick up that feed on Friday and FCS will pick up the Saturday feed. DU's internet webcast, Pioneer Vision, also appears to be picking up both FSSN feeds for the UND series. The Saturday DU/WI game will not be televised but may be on the internet if WI webcasts their games. WI does not nationally televise a lot of games. If WI uses the same webcast program/platform as DU, DU may be able to pick up the Saturday game feed and webcast it on Pioneer Vision. Confusing but right now the only game not being televised is the Saturday DU/WI game.
                              Last edited by du78; 01-16-2010, 10:28 PM.
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

DU's had a few mid-to-late season meltdowns of its own in recent years, so here's hoping our team is on well the way to improving over stretch drive, instead of imploding.

Given DU's rather middling statistical performances in most national categories, there is serious room for improvement and peaking at the right time, and these next four road games against powerhouse programs in some of the most difficult arenas in college hockey, I believe, will go a long way towards defining what kind of team this DU bunch really wants to be down the stretch, and preparing them for what lies ahead in the playoffs.

The goal of course in the WCHA is to split on the road, and should the Pioneers come out with 4 of the 8 possible points in Madison and Grand Forks, I would consider that more than meeting the goal, considering the quality of the opponents. If DU were to bag 5 or more points over the UW and UND trips, that would tell me that this team is very well deserving of its ranking. And three or less points would tell me that the Pioneers are not the team everyone thought they were, and that more improvement is needed.

We're starting to see some leadership by the seniors, and thats very needed headed into the stretch, but there are still turnover issues, depth issues, goal-scoring and power-play issues that need fixing if DU intends on securing a top seed.

UW, I think is probably the best team in college hockey right now. They have terrific scoring, a great D and solid goaltending. The Pios have done well in Madison in recent years, but this UW team is really quite a bit better than any UW team since 2006. It would be a great result to get a split there.

Of course, playing in Grand Forks is always an adventure for the Pios. Lots of physical games, dasher dancing and ice-walks to look forward to amid the intensity of that rivalry, especially after Denver took two from UND earlier this season in Denver. UND misses Genoway, and might not be as strong a team as they've had in recent years, but it will be hard as always to get points there.

If the Pios can stay healthy and keep improving, this is a team that is going to be tough to beat. I like the Pios in goal, and with Donovan and Nutini returning to the defense will help from a mobility standpoint. Up front, DU's top line and fourth line are playing well, but we need a bit more from lines 2 and 3 as the season heats up.

Comment

Working...
                                X