X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All things Denver XXVI: From Boonetown to Motown

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    The CC/DU home and home idea would never fly for WCHA games. It will give teams an odd number of home vs. road games plus no one would want to play DU & CC on back to back nights because they are too good.

Supposedly the WCHA schedule for next season is already floating around with tentative dates.
    • DU owes Vermont a visit.
    • The Denver Cup is supposedly being moved to November (probably Thanksgiving)
    • No games around New Years to conflict with World Juniors (Wrenn, Shore, Zucker & Bennett are candidates for Team USA).
    • One visit home or away against every WCHA team.
    • 4 games against CC.
    • 2 extra series against two other WCHA teams.
    With the potential of 3 or 4 players gone, I was thinking they would keep the showcase format for the Denver Cup. Didn't think about changing the dates,
    Wonder whether it will keep the showcase format.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      With the potential of 3 or 4 players gone, I was thinking they would keep the showcase format for the Denver Cup. Didn't think about changing the dates,
      It has more to do with what the opponents coming in want versus DU's desire. If the only way to bring in a "Boston College" is have a showcase, then so be it.

I heard that Providence may be one of the teams coming it. If true that probably rules out any other Hockey East schools. DU can also throw Air Force in to take care of that home commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        I haven't heard if they would keep the showcase format but I would assume so because of how well it worked this year. If we would have had the tourny format we wouldn't have had a chance to play BC
        GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

It has more to do with what the opponents coming in want versus DU's desire. If the only way to bring in a "Boston College" is have a showcase, then so be it.

I heard that Providence may be one of the teams coming it. If true that probably rules out any other Hockey East schools. DU can also throw Air Force in to take care of that home commitment.
          I have also heard rumblings that Yale might be involved. The Bulldogs are #5 in the USCHO poll right now, and Keith Allain has really turned that program into a more serious player.

Comment

I think I'm cheering for CC. ----- Ouch.
            Let's split some semantic hairs, shall we? I may want Wisconsin to lose more than I want CC to lose under the present circumstances, and of course they can't both get swept, but I just can't go so far as to cheer FOR CC. I figure I will cheer against both teams, and come out somewhat disappointed regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
              Let's split some semantic hairs, shall we? I may want Wisconsin to lose more than I want CC to lose under the present circumstances, and of course they can't both get swept, but I just can't go so far as to cheer FOR CC. I figure I will cheer against both teams, and come out somewhat disappointed regardless.
              Hope for ties on both nights.

Comment

Wow!! Nice press for Bozak!! Putting him on a line with Kessel is just plain lethal, and I imagine the Russian kid is no slouch either!!
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                  and bench clearing brawls filled with DQs

Comment

Speaking of next year's shedule, hopefully we don't schedule our exhibition against these guys:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                      Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
                      and bench clearing brawls filled with DQs
                      Can't we have both?!
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Bozak just scored and it was awesome!
                        GO AVS!!!

.\ \
                        ..\ \
                        ...\ \ _____ GO DU!!!
                        ....\_////////)

Comment

Originally posted by PiosAvsFan View Post
                          Bozak just scored and it was awesome!
                          At least Kessel got the assist
                          Bozak is a +2 in the 1st period
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 01-14-2010, 07:50 PM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Bozak now +2 on the night as Kulemin scored late in the 2nd period and Kessel has two assists. Tyler also picked up a hooking penalty in the 1st period.
                            Last edited by du78; 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM.
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Just gave Bozak an assist on the last goal as well.Now he needs to drop the gloves for a Gordie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman View Post
                                Just gave Bozak an assist on the last goal as well.Now he needs to drop the gloves for a Gordie.
                                Sweet, that 4 points in 3 games so far and a period still to go tonight.
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X