Plattsburgh vs Skidmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh vs Skidmore

Wow...what can I say? Plattsburgh clearly owned the night and dominated Skidmore with the 9-3 win. It was nice to see Rossy get some time on the ice, but he has some work to do eh? I was a bit surprised that Skidmore did not put up more of a fight. I anticipated a closer game than what transpired on the ice...How about you?

For my recap of tonight's action, be sure to check out http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...dmore-9-3.html

Re: Plattsburgh vs Skidmore

As the second period began, it was evident Skidmore was starting to slip a bit. The first half of the period afforded Plattsburgh some power play opportunities - although Skidmore goaltender John Bienkowski was there to keep the game within reach. At least, he was there for the first half of the second period.
    Yes, he was there to make quite a few saves. But as I noted in another thread, if Plattsburgh scored on half of the open-net rebounds he gave, this was easily a 20-point game. There is a reason he's only started 2 games, and I think we saw it tonight.

When all was said and done, Rossy faced three shots and was only able to save one (although it was a nice glove save). Suffice it to say, he has some serious homework to do.
    Not disagreeing that he has quite a bit of work to do, but I would like to correct you on one thing: My count at the game (and the box score confirms it) has him facing 5 shots, and saving 3.

First shot - goal from his left side
    Second shot - chest save, rebound
    Third shot - goal over his left shoulder off the aforementioned rebound
    Fourth shot - stuck his right leg out to block the shot on bottom right corner
    Fifth shot - that beauty of a glove save.

So, he a save percentage of 0.600... and a GAA of 8.56 for allowing 2 goals in just under 14 minutes
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Yeah I thought he faced more than three shots too - although the box score I was looking at said three. I don't totally get why sometimes they seem to "take away" shots after the fact - because five or so seems more in line with what I thought...

Comment

not trying to make excuses for the kid, but remember Rossy hasn't played in an actual game in almost 2 years. he missed all last season because of a knee injury.
        Jim Reisdorf
        Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
          Yeah I thought he faced more than three shots too - although the box score I was looking at said three. I don't totally get why sometimes they seem to "take away" shots after the fact - because five or so seems more in line with what I thought...
          The box score says he made 3 saves, and allowed two goals... 3+2=5
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Haha well as Homer would say...D'oh! My bad =) Yup - that would be five hehe

Comment

How are your feelings on Leis now Taco?
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Leis has been looking good lately - coming up with the key saves when need be. I still am a little leery about all of the rebounds that he gives up. I don't feel the teams we've faced over the last few games have really tested any of our goaltenders (with the exception of a handful of solid shots per game).

Having said that, Leis has definitely appeared to be doing some work during the break - as he doesn't make me as nervous as he used to when he plays the puck or leaves one side of the cage entirely wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
                  Leis has been looking good lately - coming up with the key saves when need be. I still am a little leery about all of the rebounds that he gives up. I don't feel the teams we've faced over the last few games have really tested any of our goaltenders (with the exception of a handful of solid shots per game).

Having said that, Leis has definitely appeared to be doing some work during the break - as he doesn't make me as nervous as he used to when he plays the puck or leaves one side of the cage entirely wide open.
                  You don't think Norwich or Elmira have tested Plattsburgh?
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Leis was good in the game no doubt, but against top competition they will bury those rebounds 9 times out of 10. There were at least 4 or 5 times he tried a glove save and it bounced out of his glove, that can't be acceptable in this league. Had Elmira converted on their chances, no way it was a tie game, but on the same side had Clarke and Wilock burried they open nets it wasn't a tie game either. Leis gave Plattsburgh a chance to win, which they almost did, but his rebound control will catch up to him. I'd still like to see Williams as the #1...
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      You don't think Norwich or Elmira have tested Plattsburgh?
                      I guess it was a mid-term quiz......
                      Go 'Wick!

Comment

LAST DAY TO ORDER YOUR RNA SHIRTS FOR OSWEGO

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY, VISIT WWW.REDNATIONARMY.COM AND ORDER NOW! CANT ORDER ONLINE? EMAIL AT REDNATIONARMY@YAHOO.COM....
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          LAST DAY TO ORDER YOUR RNA SHIRTS FOR OSWEGO

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY, VISIT WWW.REDNATIONARMY.COM AND ORDER NOW! CANT ORDER ONLINE? EMAIL AT REDNATIONARMY@YAHOO.COM....
                          REDNATIONARMY? Must be part of the CCCP
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                          X