Fredonia Hockey 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fredonia Hockey 2010

Given the interest on the Fredonia-Westfield thread, I thought I'd give Fredonia one of their own.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Re: Fredonia Hockey 2010

Blue Devils adds personal twist to ‘Pink the Rink’ - Courtesy of THE OBSERVER, Dunkirk, NY

The Fredonia State men's hockey team will wrap up the SUNYAC regular season in high style, while promoting a very good cause, when it stages its fan-favorite "Pink the Rink" game.

The annual event - a fundraiser in the fight against breast cancer which has garnered national media attention in the past - will take place on Saturday, Feb. 20 at 7 p.m., against Morrisville State at Steele Hall Ice Arena. The Blue Devils will again don their pink jerseys and socks for the event, launched as a student class project by former assistant hockey coach Greg Heffernan in 2007, to raise awareness for breast cancer research.

In the past, jerseys from all team members were auctioned off to the highest bidders and awarded on the ice immediately after the game. Each winning bidder received the pink jersey that bore the team logo on the front and the player's name on the back. A personal twist has been added for "Pink the Rink" in 2010. People will be able to buy a jersey beforehand and have the last name of a loved one printed on the back. A Blue Devil player will then wear the personalized jersey during the game that night.

"We feel it will be an inspirational evening," Fredonia State head coach Jeff Meredith said, "and are excited about joining in the fight against breast cancer." To place an order, contact Coach Meredith at (716) 673-3334 or at meredith@fredonia.edu. The cost of each jersey is $250.

All proceeds from the sale of jerseys will once again be given to the American Cancer Society.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Re: Fredonia Hockey 2010

My mom died of breast cancer in Nov

On a happier note my recruiting trip to Fredonia was one of the best

Comment

Working...
      X