Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
    That sucks about the practice facility being put on hold. I cant help but suspect that if the football or basketball program were in the same situation that the UW would find the money to make it happen.
    Of course! Hockey is the bastard stepchild of the revenue sports. Part of the problem is that the program is succeeding in spite of the practice arraignments. If football or bouncyball was in a similar situation their would be a massive outcry that the program could not compete under such as massive disadvantage.

Comment

Barry wanting hockey alum to pitch in and row the boat is crazy. WI has had great success in having guys play at the NHL level, but even so, if 1 to 2 guys a year makes it to the bigs, most of them aren't going to make a ton of money. A few are/will like Heater, but 99% of UW hockey alum aren't in the NHL, they are out of hockey with regular jobs, kids to put through college ect. Guys like Hussey, Snedden, Toumie, Daveyduke, Kuk, Nelson (you know the names) aren't going to be able to foot the bill for this. Other guys toiling in the ECHL or Europe and places like that don't make crap for money. It's for the love of the game they are atill trying to make it work. Barry probably has enough money coming to him in pay, benefits and retirement funds he could pay for the whole **** thing himself. Arshole. Arswipe.

And from a practicle standpoint, now is the time to build. I work in the commercial construction world. Prices are down 10-20% on building supplies with everyone so desperate for work. I was marking up projects 18% 2 years ago and we had a huge backlog. Now I am marking up projects 8% and I'm getting slaughtered and have very little backlog. If they wait and build in 2 years, they'll add at least 15% to the cost of the project vs if they broke ground today, assuming the economy improves, which I think it is to a certain extent from what I'm seeing. So this delay is going to cost them more money in the long run.

Hockey makes money for UW, and building this facility is protecting the long term health of the program.

This is ****ed up on many fronts. Barry is the village idoit.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by parkside21 View Post
        Thank you to those that have offered such quick advice. I think we'll probably already be getting internet through Charter, that's what made me wonder about just doing one cable box through them too, it can't be that much more since if I don't do a Charter box in that room I'd just be doing another DTV box anyways. I suppose I'll wait until next season to consider it though, since by the time we move this one will be over. The Versus issue still irks me though. I plan on getting the Center Ice package next year, but for the games that are shown on Versus, are they blacked out then on the Center Ice package I assume? Or do you at least get one of the feeds still? I'd really hate to switch to DirecTV next month when we move, just in time for the NHL playoffs, and have to miss the entire first and second rounds because of the Versus issue...

Anyways, sorry for taking the thread off topic.....ON WISCONSIN!
        If you do satellite, go Dish vs DirectTV. I switched in December but had both services for a few weeks. The quality of picture of Dish is much better then Directv. I was surprised and happy.

Comment

Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
          If you do satellite, go Dish vs DirectTV. I switched in December but had both services for a few weeks. The quality of picture of Dish is much better then Directv. I was surprised and happy.
          I would give the exact opposite advice. In the past Dish has failed to broadcast college hockey games that were on the air on Fox Sports channels. If you had DirecTV, you had the game. If you had Dish, you were screwed. Just saying. I took a financial hit to dump Dish and move back to DirecTV, and I've never regretted it.
          "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Maybe the hockey team can practice at the new Union South?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Barry probably has enough money coming to him in pay, benefits and retirement funds he could pay for the whole **** thing himself. Arshole. Arswipe.
              This is ****ed up on many fronts. Barry is the village idoit.
              There goes any thoughts I had of you being a religious man, Timmy!
              Holy ****! Well done and I agree.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                There goes any thoughts I had of you being a religious man, Timmy!
                Holy ****! Well done and I agree.
                Well, I had a moment were my sinful nature got the best of me. He's such an arrogant SOB. I'm not ready to aplogize yet. F-U Barry - Oops.

Blake practiced w/o contact yesterday, will practive today with contact. Here's to hoping all goes well. We'll need all the bullets in the gun @ the rodents.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                  Maybe the hockey team can practice at the new Union South?
                  Or one of the million other new buildings the university is putting up... this news frustrates me to no end...
                  The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                    Or one of the million other new buildings the university is putting up... this news frustrates me to no end...
                    In all fairness, the vast majority of the other buildings being put up on campus are academic buildings. Most of these receive funding from our large research funding and other donors. I think it is only fair to judge athletic buildings with other athletic buildings or other funding ventures of the athletic department.
                    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                      In all fairness, the vast majority of the other buildings being put up on campus are academic buildings. Most of these receive funding from our large research funding and other donors. I think it is only fair to judge athletic buildings with other athletic buildings or other funding ventures of the athletic department.
                      Indeed. UW's Athletic Department is self-sustaining, and it should remain that way.

What's frustrating is that this is clearly the number one priority, and in these economic times when fundraising is hard, Barry seems to be burning bridges rather than building them.

It's also worth noting that this would be a big boost for the swimming teams. Knowing a couple of former swimmers, they sure could use the upgrades.
                      "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

any die hards here know the playlist for the badger hockey warmups. There is one song that i want to download but i don't know the name of or who its by, i'm drawing a blank
                        The Quest For 7

Comment

any die hards here know the playlist for the badger hockey warmups. There is one song that i want to download but i don't know the name of or who its by, i'm drawing a blank
                          There's a lot of overlap with the NHL 10 soundtrack. Maybe take a look there?

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                            There's a lot of overlap with the NHL 10 soundtrack. Maybe take a look there?
                            thanks but nope on on there...
                            Last edited by uwbadgers14; 03-03-2010, 05:53 PM.
                            The Quest For 7

Comment

I'm Shipping up to Boston...Dropkick Murphy's perhaps?
                              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                                I'm Shipping up to Boston...Dropkick Murphy's perhaps?
                                haha nope i knew that one.. very fitting song seeing the time of year however, hahaha
                                The Quest For 7

Comment

Working...
                                X