Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    Literally insult to injury by not getting the penalty call. How do these referees make it up to the WCHA after missing simple calls like that? Can't they go to replay like they do in college basketball to deem it a penalty?
    Helps when your dad is already a ref/now head of WCHA officiating.

Comment

Not that we should be rooting for Minnesota, but actually we should be until we play them. Them moving back into TUC status helps our PWR and gives us a better chance of maintaining our #1 seed status. Good sweep for them this weekend. Meanwhile, CC is down to 17th so is this a young team that ran out of gas or are they just coming back to earth?
      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Not that we should be rooting for Minnesota, but actually we should be until we play them. Them moving back into TUC status helps our PWR and gives us a better chance of maintaining our #1 seed status. Good sweep for them this weekend. Meanwhile, CC is down to 17th so is this a young team that ran out of gas or are they just coming back to earth?
        Explain to me how Minnesota being a TUC helps us? Maybe if we had swept them, but we split with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Explain to me how Minnesota being a TUC helps us? Maybe if we had swept them, but we split with them.
          I don't think it really help you at all. When they dropped out, it didn't affect Wisconsin, St. Cloud, or Denver.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Hits to the head should not be taken lightly, especially when Marvin already took out Chay Genoway this season with a hit to the head.
            RULE 6 / PLAYING RULES HR-61
            Contact to the Head
            SECTION 8. A player shall not make contact with an opposing player’s head or neck area in any manner.
            PENALTY—Minor or major or disqualification at the discretion of the referee. Contact to the head shall be assessed in front of the infraction (i.e., contact to the head – elbow).
            Note: The rules committee instructs officials to use a zero tolerance policy in this area.
            WCHA: Huh?
            Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Not only was it contact to the head, but he extended and lifted into the head. The head was the target all along.

If he just runs into him and the shoulder hits head it's one thing, but this was intentional.

It's not all that different than what that Canadian tool did in Juniors.

Comment

Because we play them in the Final series of the season so if we sweep, it helps, right?
                Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

I think the fact that Eaves came back with Goody in a kind of must win game shows he's the #1. Now he didn't play great either nights, so I would expect to see both play this weekend and then have Goody take the rodents and whoever else from that point on.

I am afraid with the late season inconsistancies, this team looks to be a tad tourney flawed. Losing Friday was bad in that they played so badly early on, then kind of mailed it in from what the anouncers said. That is very troubling. This team has enough offensive firepower that they should have made a game of it like the Saturday CC game, especially at home. Even Saturday there were some shifts in the 3rd period where the guys took it easy and St. Cloud scored.

Positives....Stephan has indeed returned from Canada. Great to see all lines kick into the scoring sheet Saturday.

Wisconsin Hockey: No more shifts or nights off!
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Because we play them in the Final series of the season so if we sweep, it helps, right?
                    Only if by getting swept they stay in the TUC. A sweep may drop them back out. Either way I don't think it matters, by being a TUC it only helps others also. Moot point.
                    If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                      You just became my favorite person for this comment
                      At least for a day.
                      If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Positives....Stephan has indeed returned from Canada. Great to see all lines kick into the scoring sheet Saturday.
                        It was great to see every senior on the scoresheet with at least one point.

Comment

Meanwhile, CC is down to 17th so is this a young team that ran out of gas or are they just coming back to earth?
                          My family lives in Colorado Springs and I guess CC has a bunch of freshman goalies; one fresh goalies left mid-season to play Major Juniors, so CC brought in another freshman mid-season. I'm only guessing that the goalie issue has something to do with CC's drop based on the number of goals they are allowing.
                          Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by TUSCHWI View Post
                            My family lives in Colorado Springs and I guess CC has a bunch of freshman goalies; one fresh goalies left mid-season to play Major Juniors, so CC brought in another freshman mid-season. I'm only guessing that the goalie issue has something to do with CC's drop based on the number of goals they are allowing.
                            Kind of right. I think they've stuck with the freshman Joe Howe all season. He started well, and we all knew he was going to come back to Earth. I think he's fallen a little harder than I thought he would though.

Comment

That game had to be a goalie coach's nightmare. Both guys weren't on their games.

Our goaltending was addressed in a couple of posts...we've got to build that brick wall now fellas. There were obvious weird bounces, but some goals by SCSU shouldn't have been. The one that stands out is of course in the 2nd period where a shot from **** near behind the goal line hits Guddy in the shoulder & drops in the net. I know our 'tenders are very good, but we've got to be consistent!!
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I don't care how crappy Tech is, I want Goody in there every game from now on unless he completely collapses. I think he needs to get into a good rhythm of playing back-to-back nights.

Comment

Working...
                                X