Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I say Geoffrion for Hobey; not Smith.

Davies has incredible hand eye coordination.

When is the real Derek Stepan going to come back from the World Jr. tourney?

Only 1 even strength goal in the last 3 games for UW. Not a good trend. Thank goodness the PP has awakened.
    Yeah by my count, Stepan has a +/- of -2 since the WJC. My opinion of the WJC and how it pertains to Badger hockey is well known so I won't get into that, but hopefully the guy can get it together because we need that 2nd line to start producing.

I agree on Geoffrion as well. What a blessing it has been that he stayed one more year.
    Last edited by VarsityWisconsin; 02-13-2010, 10:17 PM.
    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      I only caught a little of the 3rd period of SSM and "kind of" forgot to watch for him . (I can tell you the Lake Forest Academy team is ****ing huge and played SSM to a tie). I got talking to some people I only see about once a year. I didn't want to get up and drive to Cap Ice for the 8 AM game Saturday.....**** I've gotta sleep sometime.

I made it a point to watch the Chicago Mission to see Schmaltz. He wasn't there, but he's currently with the USA U-17 team for the weekend (Ontario, right?) I've got to subscribe to the 60 min blog to stay on top of things.
      Actually, the U-17's are in Slovakia.

And you better be reaching MCR, I gave you a shout out the other day when I was talking up the tourney!

Comment

I got a chance to hear Paul Braun this weekend, and cripes that guy is getting worse by the game. There were several instances where I don't think he even knew what was going on. I know he is like the Bob Uecker of UW hockey, but he's not bringing much to the table anymore. I was really impressed with the BTN announcers. Perhaps something to look forward to if they actually decide to show more of our games?

Comment

Alright, this was a great weekend for the Badgers! UW got the sweep and no one was injured.
          I have a nice little tid-bit from friday nights game.

There were some posters that were wondering why the refs were not reviewing the after game action on friday night. After the the refs left the ice, they normal take a shower and get out of the arena pretty quick. On Friday they spent over a hour looking at the game replay in their locker room and did not leave the Kohl until after 2 hours. Maybe they were watching all the missed calls they had. or they were seeing if any penalties should be given.

Also on Friday night, people who were behind the benches got to hear what a dips*** the kato coach is. With a coupe minutes left in the 3rd on Friday, Eaves yelled over to the Kato coach,"Hey!! Its getting a little rough out there!!" The Kato coach replied, "******* you Eaves!!!"

Stay classy Coach!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Does she do windows?
            She does windows about as often as vw makes sense.
            If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
              She does windows about as often as vw makes sense.
              So she does them quite often? Interesting.

Comment

Jake Dowell gets a goal and a assist tonight in the Blackhawks 5-4 SO win over the Blue Jackets.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                  Jake Dowell gets a goal and a assist tonight in the Blackhawks 5-4 SO win over the Blue Jackets.
                  I watched that game, he impressed me. I wasn't even aware that he got the call up. Elliott stopped 34 of 37 shots and got the win over NYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
                    Alright, this was a great weekend for the Badgers! UW got the sweep and no one was injured.
                    I have a nice little tid-bit from friday nights game.

There were some posters that were wondering why the refs were not reviewing the after game action on friday night. After the the refs left the ice, they normal take a shower and get out of the arena pretty quick. On Friday they spent over a hour looking at the game replay in their locker room and did not leave the Kohl until after 2 hours. Maybe they were watching all the missed calls they had. or they were seeing if any penalties should be given.

Also on Friday night, people who were behind the benches got to hear what a dips*** the kato coach is. With a coupe minutes left in the 3rd on Friday, Eaves yelled over to the Kato coach,"Hey!! Its getting a little rough out there!!" The Kato coach replied, "******* you Eaves!!!"

Stay classy Coach!!!
                    wow...that's funny. I would have loved to hear that exchange
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UWBadgerHockey View Post
                      I watched that game, he impressed me. I wasn't even aware that he got the call up. Elliott stopped 34 of 37 shots and got the win over NYI.
                      No wonder my fantasy hockey team is up to 2nd in the standings... Go Elliot!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        wow...that's funny. I would have loved to hear that exchange
                        Most of the people were shocked by it

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                          I got a chance to hear Paul Braun this weekend, and cripes that guy is getting worse by the game. There were several instances where I don't think he even knew what was going on. I know he is like the Bob Uecker of UW hockey, but he's not bringing much to the table anymore. I was really impressed with the BTN announcers. Perhaps something to look forward to if they actually decide to show more of our games?
                          Yeah PB is terrible... I like rob Andringa tho...
                          The Quest For 7

Comment

Cannot find a picture of brendan Smith doing the heisman anywhere yet, you trying to tell me non of those photographers got that?? thats pretty lame
                            The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                              Cannot find a picture of brendan Smith doing the heisman anywhere yet, you trying to tell me non of those photographers got that?? thats pretty lame
                              Well it was on TV, so someone should be able to do a screen capture at the very least...I just deleted it off my DVR.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                                Well, it's not like they had crib notes on B. Smith's celebration plans.

Furthermore, I've chatted with quite a few photographers who were there, and they were talking about how extremely challenging that game was to shoot.
                                "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Working...
                                X