Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

http://www.moosehockey.com/moosetv.php?video=633

Kyle Turris short handed goal at 1:19 and a shootout goal at 3:13.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
      Prediction... you are a tool
      No, see, that's not a prediction. That's a fact.

See the difference?

Comment

While the McNaughton would be nice...I really don't see DU opening the door for us given the quality of their team and their remaining schedule. I'm more concerned with playing well, building momentum into the postseason, and staying healthy at this point. In 5 years, no one will remember who won the mcnaughton or broadmoor tropheys.

On personnel decisions, I agree that I simply do not understand how Johnson, Dolan, or Mitchell play in front of Thurber or Lee (especially Thurber). Mitchell I guess I get in that he is a big body and gives you some presence, but to say he appears to be dissinterested most of the time is probably being kind.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
          No, see, that's not a prediction. That's a fact.

See the difference?
          LOL
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            LOL
            +1
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Thank you. I'll be here all week.

Comment

Thank you. I'll be here all week.
                Well if you get time, you should stop by my house. It will cost you $20 to get in, but there is FREE food and beer inside!
                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

As I do every year, I'd like to remind everybody about the annual Gold Medal Classic at Capitol Ice. Bob Suter, family, and friends have been doing this for 22 years now...wow. There are 16 HIGH QUALITY major midget teams from the US and Canada.

With the Badgers at home this weekend with later starts, why not take in some day games this weekend and fill it with hockey.

http://madisoncapitols.com/Tournamen...edule_2010.htm

"The author of this shameless plug is not compensated for his efforts".
                  Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-09-2010, 08:30 AM.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                    Well if you get time, you should stop by my house. It will cost you $20 to get in, but there is FREE food and beer inside!
                    Good beer?

Comment

Good beer?
                      All free beer is good beer

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
                        All free beer is good beer
                        There's some beer that, if I had to, I'd pay not drink.

Comment

There's some beer that, if I had to, I'd pay not drink.
                          Ah to be young and think it's okay to drink Milwaukee's Best.

Comment

In the time lapse of the CCRC, it appears that after the team has left the ice that a bunch of people come back out for a group photo. This is after the Badgers did their own. Anybody know who was in that photo? It almost looks like both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                              Playoff Status STRONGLY disagrees w/ you. Denver 70% chance of winning the MacNaugton, the other contenders rougly 10% each.

DU hosts the gophers, then Tech, goes to Mankato and then a home/home w/ CC.

Assuming the Badgers win 6 of 8, which I agree w/ you on, where does Denver go 4-3-1 in that schedule for the Badgers to catch up in the standings? They don't lose often at home, and Mankato isn't going to slow them down on the road. I think DU is going to go 6-2 out as well, win the MacNaughton by 3 pts over the Badgers. The Badgers realistically need to win out, which could happen.

I'm happy Tech beat Duluth, increases the Badgers chances at 2nd/3rd place, which is where they want to be to avoid the Final Five play in game. If they win the MacNaughton and DU stumbles, awesome, but realistically, I'd like to see the Badgers finish 2nd based on how things sit right now.
                              I think this scenario is reasonable for DU:

Minnesota - L
                              Minnesota - W
                              Tech - W
                              Tech - W
                              MSU - L
                              MSU - W
                              CC - L
                              CC - Tie

While it isn't likely, I think if we finish out strong we have a decent shot at the cup. I agree, though, that 2nd is probably more likely and puts us in position to obtain our ultimate goal: a 2010 National Title.
                              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                                While it isn't likely, I think if we finish out strong we have a decent shot at the cup. I agree, though, that 2nd is probably more likely and puts us in position to obtain our ultimate goal: a 2010 National Title.
                                Groan.

How about this? Just focus on winning the next game. The rest will take care of itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X