Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=514945
    The Quest For 7

Comment

Anyone made the trip to Houghton in February before? Was thinking of making the trip, but not sure how likily it will be that the weather cooperates. Booking the hotel rooms soon, but are cancellable and figure tickets will be easy to come by the day of the game. Have made the trip twice before, but both times were at the start of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
        Anyone made the trip to Houghton in February before? Was thinking of making the trip, but not sure how likily it will be that the weather cooperates. Booking the hotel rooms soon, but are cancellable and figure tickets will be easy to come by the day of the game. Have made the trip twice before, but both times were at the start of the season.
        Yes. Both to Houghton and Marquette over the years. Have always made it. That doesn't mean you will this year. Ya buys your ticket and yous takes your chances

Comment

Just make sure that you have replacement dogs for the sled and you'll be fine.

For more info, go to their thread. They're actually pretty friendly and will give good advice as they did for me when I travelled up there.

Comment

Been there once during snowy season, plan for it to be super snowy and near white out conditions. I mean it may not happen but its the Yoop and it happens all the time. If you want to get there, you take your time and avoid night driving it shouldn't be a problem.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I've been up there many times, different seasons. The most recent I was in Houghton was in February 2008 for the Badgers and the Winter Carnival. I had a great time and we took 3 out of 4 points! The weather was great Friday night & Saturday, but a lake enhanced blizzard came in Saturday night/Sunday morning. We got out without too much of a problem even though I don't believe I had ever seen it snow sideways that hard before. The farther we got from the lake, the less intense it was snowing.

I love the U.P. and the folks. I have some shallow roots in far northern Wisconsin so I connect!
              Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-25-2010, 04:23 PM.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                See, this is my point. They don't have a cupcake schedule. They've played the sixth hardest schedule in the nation so far.

While you may have a point there, Wisconsin has a harder schedule than Miami. Strength of schedule should weigh heavy...

Miami is NOT a #1 team, period. We'll see that very soon, (well, not at least until the playoffs) and I'll be the first one to laugh at the polls.

They were SWEPT by Robert Morris...one game of which was on Miami ice! Imagine what's gonna happen when Miami plays a Denver, CC, Wis, etc.!

I guess we'll see who was right or wrong once we get to the tourney...

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
                  While you may have a point there, Wisconsin has a harder schedule than Miami. Strength of schedule should weigh heavy...

Miami is NOT a #1 team, period. We'll see that very soon, (well, not at least until the playoffs) and I'll be the first one to laugh at the polls.

They were SWEPT by Robert Morris...one game of which was on Miami ice! Imagine what's gonna happen when Miami plays a Denver, CC, Wis, etc.!

I guess we'll see who was right or wrong once we get to the tourney...
                  Example #2 that Miami is overrated. look at UMD they drop from 4th to 9th after getting swept by #14 bemidji in a home and home and Miami drops from #1 to #2 when getting swept by Robert morris in a home and home. How does that make sense??? UMD's schedule is about the same as Miami's according to the "COMPUTERS" so the pollsters are trying to tell me getting swept by Robert Morris isn't as bad as getting swept by Bemidji St????? Also Miami has lost to Bemidji St. and tied UND in late Nov. and didn't drop from #1 in the next poll. MIAMI IS OVERRATED.... and you are right, we will see it come true come playoff time.
                  Last edited by uwbadgers14; 01-25-2010, 04:36 PM.
                  The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                    Example #2 that Miami is overrated. look at UMD they drop from 4th to 9th after getting swept by #14 bemidji in a home and home and Miami drops from #1 to #2 when getting swept by Robert morris in a home and home. How does that make sense??? UMD's schedule is about the same as Miami's according to the "COMPUTERS" so the pollsters are trying to tell me getting swept by Robert Morris isn't as bad as getting swept by Bemidji St????? Also Miami has lost to Bemidji St. and tied UND in late Nov. and didn't drop from #1 in the next poll. MIAMI IS OVERRATED.... and you are right, we will see it come through come playoff time.
                    And just so we are clear, i'm trying to say DU and UW both have a better case to be #1 then Miami does.
                    The Quest For 7

Comment

Patience boys, we can't climb to the top of the mountain all at once. There's altitude sickness to consider. Or worse our sherpa's might steal our llama's and then we'd be dependant on one of those St. Bernard's with the keg of brandy around their necks to sustain us. And trust me, we don't want to be left in their paws. Sure they seem all happy and sloppy-cuddly-dependable... but I've seen Cujo... It's not pretty.

No, let's just stay the course, take one game at a time, and keep a shotgun on those sneakin' llama stealin' sherpas.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Patience boys, we can't climb to the top of the mountain all at once. There's altitude sickness to consider. Or worse our sherpa's might steal our llama's and then we'd be dependant on one of those St. Bernard's with the keg of brandy around their necks to sustain us. And trust me, we don't want to be left in their paws. Sure they seem all happy and sloppy-cuddly-dependable... but I've seen Cujo... It's not pretty.

No, let's just stay the course, take one game at a time, and keep a shotgun on those sneakin' llama stealin' sherpas.
                        I second this. The chest thumping from our more braggardly posters gets old. Not to mention it's tempting fate (and you know what happens when you tempt fate.)

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                          (and you know what happens when you tempt fate.)
                          umm.. Hot fate sex ensues???
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

umm.. Hot fate sex ensues???
                            Well, I suppose it matters what you tempt her with.

Comment

Just to clarify...I didn't say that Wisconsin is, or should be #1. Just that Miami should NOT be #1.

Comment

You didn't say it but you were thinking it, right?

Hell, we're all thinkin' it. Because that is some righteous thinkin' there, my brother! Just don't go sayin' it. Because then, as RF points out, we won't get to have sex with fate.

An' I don' wanna' be missin' that, ya' dig?
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X