Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
    I know polls don't matter but I have to vent something out today directed toward the clowns that vote for the USCHO poll. For UW to only get 3 more 1st place votes then a team you just took 3 of 4 pts from is a little redic specially when the have the same record, and to throw 37 1st place votes to Miami, a team who has lost 3 games against the CHA conference doesn't make much sense either. Obviously DU and UW are getting the shaft. The WCHA has 5 of the top 10 teams and 4 of the top 5, while the CCHA has 2 in the top 10. So what teams out of the top 3 have had a tougher schedule????? Yea sorry to say Miami fans but you are #3 in the country right now.

Having said all of that, I'm glad in a way UW didn't get to #1 this week, hopefully they will be pis*ed off about that this weekend and take it out on UMD.
    Miami is number one in BOTH non human polls, the Pairwise, and the KRACH. It's clear to me, and the voters, that they are the best team in the nation from their body of work.

Numbers don't lie...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      My feelings are hurt daily.
      I'm sorry to hear that. Beer usually helps.
      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by ganzhimself View Post
        What a great weekend of hockey in Madison... I don't remember the last time the Kohl was as loud as it was on Saturday. The guys really showed a lot of character to come back from behind on Friday, and even though DU tied it up in the final minutes, they didn't let it sink their ship and almost managed the win. They rode their intensity all night Saturday, even though the special teams were a little disappointing... Giving up 2 PP goals seemed a bit out of character.

Not sure that I agree with the Overrated chant after the horn, but that's the students being the students. Another quality weekend for sure, it's a shame the full 4 points were just out of reach. Next weekend is going to be a big one, lots at stake in the WCHA standings, I would rather finish 1 or 2 to play the 9 or 10 seed... Avoid that play-in game, etc...
        Looking at the schedules UW has the advantage for the stretch run with SCSU (at home) MSMU (home), MTU and Minnesota. SCSU is the only team with a winning record as of now, out of those teams and SCSU has had there struggles at the Kohl Center in recent years. The other top contenders for the Mac Cup have a lot more difficult schedules left and will kind of beat up each other the rest of the way in which helps UW's chances. Its going to come down to the last weekend in minnesota and I as a badger fan would like nothing more then to celebrate a Mac Cup in that barn, in front of those annoying fans. I'm getting wood just thinking about it. If UW can get 2+ points this weekend at UMD I like Uw's chances to be there the last week of the season.
        The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          They're probably taking into account that the games were on our ice. Like another poster said, if the games were in Denver, the results may in fact been reversed. Denver is a good match for us and I'd love to see a 7 game series.
          WOW that would be epic, but I WANT MIAMI, i hope we get those guys down the road, i'm not scared
          The Quest For 7

Comment

Does someone have the link handy that tells each teams chance at finishing first, getting home ice, etc? I thought I had it saved, but can't seem to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Miami is number one in BOTH non human polls, the Pairwise, and the KRACH. It's clear to me, and the voters, that they are the best team in the nation from their body of work.

Numbers don't lie...
              um yeah they do! unless you think the BCS is the best system for NCAA football, then i guess numbers don't lie. You can use numbers to tell you whatever you want but I'm not impressed with Miami's body of work to this point. They have a couple BAD LOSSES in there and are playing in a weaker conf., DU has a loss to Ohio State which can be considered bad losses. The only BAD loss I see for UW is against Minn. St by 1 goal. However this is the debate that can get proved either way. I'm just putting my opinion out there in support for UW.
              The Quest For 7

Comment

um yeah they do! unless you think the BCS is the best system for NCAA football, then i guess numbers don't lie. You can use numbers to tell you whatever you want but I'm not impressed with Miami's body of work to this point. They have a couple BAD LOSSES in there and are playing in a weaker conf., DU has a loss to Ohio State which can be considered bad losses. The only BAD loss I see for UW is against Minn. St by 1 goal. However this is the debate that can get proved either way. I'm just putting my opinion out there in support for UW.
                No where in that rambling mess did you make a coherent point. Obviously the BCS isn't the best system for college football. That has nothing to do with college hockey.

The Pairwise Ranking and The KRACH ranking, DO NOT LIE. This is not a debate. Do you understand how computer rankings work? You realize that it's a computer, so it cannot be biased? It simply takes the data of games played, and shoots out the rankings.

Also, for all your jibber jabber about how bad Miami's schedule is, do you realize that they have played the 6th hardest schedule in the nation so far? Do some homework before you bash a team.

Slow your roll hombre.

Comment

Originally posted by ganzhimself View Post
                  What a great weekend of hockey in Madison... I don't remember the last time the Kohl was as loud as it was on Saturday. The guys really showed a lot of character to come back from behind on Friday, and even though DU tied it up in the final minutes, they didn't let it sink their ship and almost managed the win.
                  Man, I said the same thing to MrsMCR while driving home Saturday night. I got "hoarse" from cheering, but far short of losing my voice completely like I did back in the day! Nothing a little some Korbel, honey, and lemon couldn't handle. Both teams played great hockey, had great shots, made great saves, emotional roller coaster, fun fans. College hockey at it's best. I hope there were some recruits on hand.

"The Hawk" had to be looking down with a big smile.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    No where in that rambling mess did you make a coherent point. Obviously the BCS isn't the best system for college football. That has nothing to do with college hockey.

The Pairwise Ranking and The KRACH ranking, DO NOT LIE. This is not a debate. Do you understand how computer rankings work? You realize that it's a computer, so it cannot be biased? It simply takes the data of games played, and shoots out the rankings.

Also, for all your jibber jabber about how bad Miami's schedule is, do you realize that they have played the 6th hardest schedule in the nation so far? Do some homework before you bash a team.

Slow your roll hombre.
                    nevermind, your an idiot. oh wait never mind you are right, you know everything and everyone else on here is just dumb homer fans and you are the general of college hockey. my mistake
                    The Quest For 7

Comment

nevermind, your an idiot
                      I'm an idiot because I'm taking a stance against your ramblings that make no sense? Miami deserves to be number 1 and they are, in every human and computer poll on the planet. Give them their due.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        I got "hoarse" from cheering, ...
                        I woke up hoarse Saturday morning. The only thing that got me through Saturday night was throat lozenges.

It was fun.

Comment

nevermind, your an idiot. oh wait never mind you are right, you know everything and everyone else on here is just dumb homer fans and you are the general of college hockey. my mistake
                          Not everyone, just you. You haven't refuted one point I've made so far. I'm still waiting to hear how you figure that Miami has such a weak schedule despite the fact that they have played the 6th hardest schedule in the nation so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                            Does someone have the link handy that tells each teams chance at finishing first, getting home ice, etc? I thought I had it saved, but can't seem to find it.
                            One of my favorites http://www.playoffstatus.com/.
                            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                            Originally posted by UWisco
                            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                              One of my favorites http://www.playoffstatus.com/.
                              Thats a sweet site.

Comment

I promised to never again respond to your posts, but will you please ****ing grow up? I used to really enjoy this board 100%, but some of your (and your "brother's" posts) are just ridiculous.

*You say you know people; BFD, if you want to drop names, I'll start dropping them...sit back & enjoy.

*You've played the game; many of us have played AND many of us have coached. I've played, watched, coached, and been involved with more hockey than you could dream of. That doesn't make us experts with closed minds.

*Opinions? As you know they're like sphincters, everybody's got one. Stick to your opinions, as crazy as they are, and leave it at that.

I'm not saying this site should be vanilla, but could you think before you hit the Submit button? I think I speak for many people when I want to have good discussions and not some of the bull**** you & your "brother" spew out. You'll be happy to know you will get the last word in since I will not respond to your rebuttal.

I've had my say, now ****ing grow up.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X