Wisconsin @ C.C. - 2nd Edition - 2 Different Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin @ C.C. - 2nd Edition - 2 Different Teams

2 Different teams then when they met in week one. As a badger fan I'm excited to get back to WCHA play but these next 3 weeks will tell a lot about what kind of team we have...
    The Quest For 7

Re: Wisconsin @ C.C. - 2nd Edition - 2 Different Teams

I'm sure members of the Pioneer coaching staff will head down to Colorado Springs to scout this series, as DU has a bye this week and heads to Madison next week.

As Pioneer fan, the best outcome we could hope for is a pair of ties that keep both teams treading water in the WCHA.

This should be a very entertaining series. Both teams love to skate and that should be enhanced on the big ice. I think UW is little more talented, but CC will want to get some points this weekend after a rough trip to Duluth last weekend and should be very motivated on home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
      I'm sure members of the Pioneer coaching staff will head down to Colorado Springs to scout this series, as DU has a bye this week and heads to Madison next week.

As Pioneer fan, the best outcome we could hope for is a pair of ties that keep both teams treading water in the WCHA.

This should be a very entertaining series. Both teams love to skate and that should be enhanced on the big ice. I think UW is little more talented, but CC will want to get some points this weekend after a rough trip to Duluth last weekend and should be very motivated on home ice.
      agreed, should be a very good series, as a badger fan i'm hoping for 3 pts, a sweep will be a difficult task even with our full healthy roster. CC has a way to take us out of our game but i do expect UW to play better then the 1st week in madison when they were without Derek Lee and Mike Davies both nights and saturday managed a tie without Geoffrion, Davies, Lee, B. Smith. and Mitchell so it will be a VERY different Wisconsin team that CC saw earlier in the season...
      The Quest For 7

Comment

It's going to be a big weekend for Wisconsin. It's time for the boys to step up and get a meaningful sweep on the road to really set the pace for the second half of the season. Can't afford anything less than a series split this weekend, that's for sure.
        Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

With all the players back from the World Jr's, and everyone healthy, going to be some pretty interesting battles for ice time among the forwards.

The First Line is the only unit that I think is set in stone.

Here is my picks to take to CC.

Murray - Geoffrion - C. Smith
          Bendy - Stepan - Davies
          Bomber - Thurber - Street
          Mitchell - Dolan - Grotting/Johnson

I think Lee has played himself out of the lineup, he was invisiable in the Showdown and did not win many battles against the U-18 boys. You have to keep Stepan and Davies together as they are the two most creative players on the team. Thurber has been a nice surprise since his return to the lineup and has been both productive and physical in his play, I don't see how you can send him back to the stands when you compare his play to Lee, Mitchell, Johnson and Dolan's. That being said, I think you can create a whole host of options with the 3rd and 4th lines.

Comment

What's the website you can pay to watch games on? It's B-something right? And would you recommend it?

Comment

Can't remember the site, might be able to find the info on CC's website. I've paid for the games there before, if you REALLY want to watch it, it's worth it. Stream quality is generally iffy at best, but it's better than nothing, that's for sure.

Comment

The website is http://www.b2livetv.com/.

It's like 7 bucks or somethin for a game. Hope that helps.
                "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Any other Wisconsin fans comin' to the games this weekend? I'll be at both games with my family...heading to Outback Steakhouse (just outside the World Arena) before the game, both nights. A couple of years ago, we had quite a few Badger fans in Outback. (CCTig...you're invited too!)

Should be a tough and very entertaining series this weekend.

Cheers,
                  Bullitt

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
                    Any other Wisconsin fans comin' to the games this weekend? I'll be at both games with my family...heading to Outback Steakhouse (just outside the World Arena) before the game, both nights. A couple of years ago, we had quite a few Badger fans in Outback. (CCTig...you're invited too!)

Should be a tough and very entertaining series this weekend.

Cheers,
                    Bullitt
                    Thank you Bullitt for the invite, I may make an appearance one or both nights. Regardless I'll see you this weekend somehow. Should be a pair of two good hockey games.

Go Tigers!!
                    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                      What's the website you can pay to watch games on? It's B-something right? And would you recommend it?
                      I bought one of the nights when the Badgers played at CC in 07/08. Not sure if its changed, but it was the game feed from inside the arena, not horrible except for the stupid *******in tiger that they show all the time at whistles and what not. I doubt I'll buy it again this year, I just don't want to spend the money.

CC had a pretty easy road in the 1st half of the season, and had Eaves scheduled an exhibition before that opening series, I don't think CC would have won on friday night (since the Badgers handed to them anyway). The Badgers need to come out and kick butt from the first puck drop to the last buzzer on saturday. Time to be a contender.

I agree on Thurber get him in there. They had Street at wing against U18 and I thought that wasn't a bad spot for him. He is a good centerman, but his line is just not doing much offensively so why not stir the pot some and try something different.
                      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                      Originally posted by UWisco
                      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                        The website is http://www.b2livetv.com/.

It's like 7 bucks or somethin for a game. Hope that helps.
                        Yikes. It IS $7 per game. I'll stick to the radio I guess, too rich for my taste and there's no guarantee it will be watchable on my crap DSL connection. Worked pretty OK when I had a nice fast cable connection last year, don't remember it being so expensive though...

Comment

Hey, thanks for the responses.
                          For some reason I thought it would be more in the $4-$5 dollar range. I still might give it a shot on one of the nights though, due to a string of weird circumstances I haven't watched the Badgers in over a month.

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                            Thank you Bullitt for the invite, I may make an appearance one or both nights. Regardless I'll see you this weekend somehow. Should be a pair of two good hockey games.

Go Tigers!!
                            LOL...you "may" make it to the games???

I'll be in upper 207 on Friday and lower 119 on Sat...and drinking BEER at Outback before the games! See ya this weekend.

Comment

F Jordy Murray-Blake Geoffrion-Craig Smith

F Ben Street-Stepan-Michael Davies

F John Mitchell-Aaron Bendickson-Ben Grotting

F Andy Bohmbach-Matt Thurber-Patrick Johnson

UW's lines from practice yesterday. The John Mitchell-Aaron Bendickson-Ben Grotting is an ugly line. I see that line as more of a 4th line and the Thurber line as the 3rd line. Thurber and Bohmber with thier speed is a nice combo. I'd like to see a better finisher than Johnson with them, but I don't know who....maybe Lee (based on skill set and not performance)?

Trends...UW is coming off taking 3 of 4 pts @ the Showdown with a partial roster and a thumping of the U18 team and CC is coming off a bad weekend @ da Dawgs. Both teams need a sweep, who will get it?
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                              X