Let's Get Non-Con Play Over; UNH v. Dartmouth, Riverstone Cup IX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Get Non-Con Play Over; UNH v. Dartmouth, Riverstone Cup IX

UNH comes to this game in first place in Hockey East, while Dartmouth is second to last in the ECACHL.

However, unlike the Wildcats, the Big Green can at least boast to having beaten a non-conference opponent.

Records and rankings seem to go out the window whenever UNH plays in the building -- doubly so when the opponent is the NH Ivy League school.

It would be nice to see UNH win this, and I personally won't feel the win is less meaningful, because of how mightily Dartmouth is struggling this year. I don't think any UNH fans want to see us go 0-fer outside of Hockey East.

UNH + OOC play = bad; if Bob Gaudet's been paying attention, perhaps he'll have somebody up in Hanover make new red jerseys for Dartmouth to wear. Then, they'll win for sure . . .
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Re: Let's Get Non-Con Play Over; UNH v. Dartmouth, Riverstone Cup IX

UNH's OOC record is strange. It would be tempting to say that most of the losses came before UNH turned things around, with the Cornell game coming at a bad time (right after break), but you have to wonder if the improvement in play is actual improvement, or just a result of playing in the conference. I will say this: only one of those non-wins (they tied Miami!) came against a team not ranked in the top 10 (RPI), and four of the 6 games were against teams in the top 4 of the PWR. It's not like we're watching UNH struggle against Niagara or Holy Cross.

Also, I don't think UNH's record against Dartmouth at the Verizon is as bad as their record against everyone else there.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
      Also, I don't think UNH's record against Dartmouth at the Verizon is as bad as their record against everyone else there.
      It's just that we have some really weird games there (9-8). Not sure where to find the overall record since that game started.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
        It's just that we have some really weird games there (9-8). Not sure where to find the overall record since that game started.
        5-2-1

Looked it up in the media guide.
        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
        -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
          5-2-1

Looked it up in the media guide.
          Wow, Matt, this thread is just hopping with activity . . .

I couldn't find the media guide yesterday when I looked (rather perfunctorily, I admit). Thanks for posting that. Any thoughts on the game?

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
            Any thoughts on the game?

Tickets are overpriced for the priviledge of driving to Manchester. Can't figure why UNH doesn't see the diminishing returns on the annual trip. Still would prefer a rotation cycling between Hanover, Durham, and Manchester
            Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

Originally posted by SPCSMAN View Post
              Tickets are overpriced for the priviledge of driving to Manchester. Can't figure why UNH doesn't see the diminishing returns on the annual trip. Still would prefer a rotation cycling between Hanover, Durham, and Manchester
              $25 for club seats at center ice. $10 for a ticket, hot dog, and drink. Not terrible, IMHO. If you want a great deal, get a student to buy you a ticket. $5 and you can sit pretty much anywhere in the upper bowl (since it will only be about half full).

As for the actual game, UNH looked better in each of the three games they played last week, culminating in the blowout of UMA, though they still had moments of sloppy play in that game (and UMass looked terrible). I think that if UNH plays a full 60 minutes, they should be able to beat what (from my limited knowledge of them) appears to be a crummy Dartmouth team. Dartmouth tends to get up for this game though - gotta win the faux-Benpot! - so, who knows?
              -Fred Shero

Comment

Anybody know what jersey I need to bring? I never remember from the previous year.

Comment

Working...
                X