X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part V: We Were Dead On Arrival

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    You mean we haven't sewn it up already?

Anchorage's second half schedule provides plenty of chances for them to play well at home and take points from solid teams like Duluth and CC, even if they play down to us this weekend and choke one away.
    Actually, it's points between whoever's in ninth and Tech. UAA could very well pass Mankato or even Minnesota yet.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      ...even Minnesota yet.
      Never. Go to hell. Wait, you're there. I hope all of the technology you own fails.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Never. Go to hell. Wait, you're there. I hope all of the technology you own fails.
        I thought someone only got that treatment if they were a Rangers, Flyers, or Sioux fan (not that Sioux fans would know anything about technology)?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I thought someone only got that treatment if they were a Rangers, Flyers, or Sioux fan (not that Sioux fans would know anything about technology)?
          They get much worse. You don't want to know, boy, believe me, you don't want to know.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This is coming form a pretty frustrated fan, but I just don't see how Jamie's back next season. And not too much excitement in the future regarding recruits.

Anyway, here's Jamie's postgame thoughts:
            Great 3rd period, awful first two periods
            D core, all 6 sturggled in every area of the game
            need to be better breaking the puck out, constant turnovers
            3rd period, moved our feet and got first to puck
            PP, we tried to get pucks to the net and have people in front of the net
            Couldn't get pucks through, not many PP opportunities
            Jamie thought it was a good call on the hit from behind call, poor decision by macleod
            Overall, forwards were okay, D core really struggled

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
              This is coming form a pretty frustrated fan, but I just don't see how Jamie's back next season.
              Starting to see the writing on the wall myself, unfortunately. There's just no consistency, and it's no longer because of injuries or youth. They're in a death spiral where even when they play a decent game they still manage to lose somehow and can't take any confidence into the next game or series. These guys have all had time to adjust and they still play with a lack of regard for discipline, still can't finish their chances, and are now defensively lackadaisical to boot.

Comment

Something needs to be done...
                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uKNKVzVAqUk&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uKNKVzVAqUk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                  Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

They can hire me.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Maybe Russell can take Ian Marks' job.
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

When Anchorage completes the sweep tomorrow, I'd say the entire coaching staff will begin updating their respective resumes. Russell's had seven seasons, and while there were a couple of promising years in there, his teams haven't shown us much of anything otherwise.

I accepted the injury situation last year, but we're beyond that now and this team still hasn't shown us much competitive fire, which to me says Russell doesn't know how to motivate teams. 06-07, they had Batovanja and Helminen to do the talking when the team hit a slump and/or had a big series coming up. 07-08, they had Kerr (in spite of his faults). This season, for as much as we all love Gwilliam's story, Olson's talent, and Baker's attitude, they simply haven't had a leader capable of inspiring them in important situations since the current winless streak began back in November, and it's obvious that Russell has lost touch with the entire team as a result.

I don't hate JR, but after a reasonable period of observation you sometimes have to acknowledge that even a nice, outgoing person can be an ineffective leader.

Comment

I think the game was much closer than the score indicated. Russell made a dumb move pulling the goalie after the first empty net goal. I don't why he did that.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            I think the game was much closer than the score indicated. Russell made a dumb move pulling the goalie after the first empty net goal. I don't why he did that.
                            Really Suze, I don't think it was that close. Even though the two ENGs made the score seem worse, it also seemed to me that if the Seawolves had a decent powerplay, it would've been 5-0 after two, and all but over. Tech came out somewhat flat for the first two periods, catching a break on the bad pass that led to Olson's shortie. The third period effort was nice, but their fate was already sealed. Down by three, this team has no idea how to finish their scoring chances enough to even think about staging a rally from that wide of a deficit.

UtL may have a point about Russell's ability to motivate. I recall, on more than one occasion over the past few years, Dirk would ask him what he said to the guys in the locker room before games against NMU. He'd usually reply with something along the lines of, "Well, there really isn't anything you can say in a rivalry matchup like this. They're either feeling the rivalry and ready to play or they aren't."

It was always a bit of a head-scratcher for me each time I heard it.
                            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-15-2010, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Mike Ditka for coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                                Mike Ditka for coach.
                                Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X