X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part V: We Were Dead On Arrival

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    QFT.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

For those wanting to see the new rink, on the whole. You can see the new 8 man ref system.
      *****http://img.***********.com/albums/v291/shutout31pyro/MacInnesNew.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
        For those wanting to see the new rink, on the whole. You can see the new 8 man ref system.

{huge picture}
        I wish Tech had the money to do something with that eastern wall (and put the pep band somewhere not so ignominious.) Still, it looks a whole heck of a lot better than when I started there.
        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Good to see they've been working on the Wall of Fame.

Someday they'll do something with the other end, but for now I'd rather they save up and buy a new scoreboard.

Comment

One thing that really bugs me is the silver of the suite exterior, it does not blend well at all and looks really weird. I think black would look much better.

Comment

Even craigslist has something to say about Slow winter drivers in the UP.

I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Comment

*****http://img.***********.com/albums/v291/shutout31pyro/MacInnesNew.jpg******
                Hey, wait a minute..... this viewpoint seems somehow familiar....
                Huskeeeeez

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Good to see they've been working on the Wall of Fame.

Someday they'll do something with the other end, but for now I'd rather they save up and buy a new scoreboard.
                  Scoreboard is next on the docket, probably within the next two off-seasons. The Misfits E-board has already saw some of the ideas for the eastern end of the rink.

One thing that really bugs me is the silver of the suite exterior, it does not blend well at all and looks really weird. I think black would look much better.
                  They started bringing silver tones in when they renovated the press box. Black would draw too much attention to the suites architectural, when the focus is supposed to be the rink and fans.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

They started bringing silver tones in when they renovated the press box. Black would draw too much attention to the suites architectural, when the focus is supposed to be the rink and fans empty seats.
                    I believe this is what you meant.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

They started bringing silver tones in when they renovated the press box. Black would draw too much attention to the suites architectural, when the focus is supposed to be the rink and fans.
                      In that case, maybe the players should wear silver.

Comment

Tech should recruit BrettFavre. Nothing draws attention like the Silver Fox.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I don't care what the theory is, it looks like crap. Right now it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the rink, therefore drawing attention it any way.

Comment

For everyone's info, my source with the department tells me that the AD will be meeting with Russell at the end of the year for a 'serious discussion' about the program's direction. Interpret that as you will, but the word is that Russell has lost a couple of recruits that he was aggressively targeting, due to the program's losing ways.

Just keeping the people informed. Over n' out.

Comment

Originally posted by Unleash The Hounds View Post
                              For everyone's info, my source with the department tells me that the AD will be meeting with Russell at the end of the year for a 'serious discussion' about the program's direction. Interpret that as you will, but the word is that Russell has lost a couple of recruits that he was aggressively targeting, due to the program's losing ways.

Just keeping the people informed. Over n' out.
                              We haven't seen much on the recruiting front. The last commitment was from Dennis Rix on 11/5/09. In total 5 recruits are intent on coming in with 4 (maybe all 5) slated for next year. This does point towards Russell losing out on some of the guys he was targeting and having to go to plan B.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                We haven't seen much on the recruiting front. The last commitment was from Dennis Rix on 11/5/09. In total 5 recruits are intent on coming in with 4 (maybe all 5) slated for next year. This does point towards Russell losing out on some of the guys he was targeting and having to go to plan B.
                                *****http://www.orthocuban.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/funny-pictures-cat-wishes-to-switch-to-plan-b.jpg******

Comment

Working...
                                X