Interesting point of view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting point of view?

Came across this article on tsn.ca. Have to say I was shocked to see a Canadian sports website that is heavily involved in the CHL post an article that suggests kids play College hockey rather than stay in Canada.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/dave_hodge/?id=305578

Even if it is only one man's point of view, still interesting to see!

Re: Interesting point of view?

Michael Farber, even though he's a Canadian, writes for Sports Illustrated, which is an American publication, obviously. He makes a good point that Canadians will just pooh-pooh.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Re: Interesting point of view?

Michael Farber - Sports Illustrated: My thumb is down to junior hockey for allowing trades of its players. Team Canada's goalie Jake Allen, for example, is on the move; from the Montreal Juniors to Drummonville. The Canadian Hockey League (CHL) makes a lot of money off the backs of teens, and this just isn't right. These are kids, most of them still going to school. I think David Branch should look into this and show some outrage about trades in his various leagues. My advice to kids; if you have a chance to play for the University of Maine, hey why not take it? They're not going to trade you to Wisconsin.
      Which is one of the main reasons I don't believe the CHL is good for kids. It is more important for each teen to have a stable residence while playing hockey. Trades in the CHL are only good for the teams and not the teens. They don't care about the players.

CHL=labor abuse

Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
      X