Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ Union (1/16): in which Union fans crow about being in 1st and "owning" RPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ Union (1/16): in which Union fans crow about being in 1st and "owning" RPI

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    With one ear since I was on the phone. Both coaches were careful to say great things about each other's team.
    No revelations? Shocker. Did Kenny make a prediction?
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Re: RPI @ Union (1/16): in which Union fans crow about being in 1st and "owning" RPI

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      No revelations? Shocker. Did Kenny make a prediction?
      If he did I must have missed it. You can listen to it now http://www.foxsports980.com/cc-common/podcast.html.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        RPI could start them in that direction on Saturday.
        I'd rather that direction starts in..... about a month and a week, when the streak falls into when it actually matters.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
          Well, I think you can throw out the Maine result. Nobody is ten times better than anybody in D1. The BC win wasn't exactly a total fluke - they grinded out a great, hard-working effort - but let's face it, it doesn't mean they have top-5 potential this year either. St. Lawrence is a team that has enough going for it to win any given game, but I'm not holding my breath for a first-round bye at this point. SLU and RPI are both still question marks in my mind, but RPI at least has some very high-end talent.
          The teams I'm giving a decent shot at byes right now are Union, Yale, Cornell, Quinnipiac, RPI, and St. Lawrence (with Colgate on the fence). Those 6 are also the only 6 with records over .500, but I've been impressed enough with them that I could see them putting together a good stretch run.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

The show sounded like a lovefest between NL and SA as they said all of the right things about each other. One thing I picked up on is a theme I've mentioned before, and that is when both teams are playing well they can "soften up" visiting travel partners. Unfortunately, that won't be much solace to either team on Saturday night. Also, Union's relatively injury free streak may be no longer the case as Ken Schott blogged that Brian Yanovitch apparently sprained his ankle v. Qpac and may miss Saturday's game.

Comment

Just as a note, the game on Saturday is officially sold out.

There will be 150 standing room tickets on sale Saturday at 5 p.m.

And of course the game will be available on TWC3.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                The teams I'm giving a decent shot at byes right now are Union, Yale, Cornell, Quinnipiac, RPI, and St. Lawrence (with Colgate on the fence). Those 6 are also the only 6 with records over .500, but I've been impressed enough with them that I could see them putting together a good stretch run.
                I'm not disagreeing with you, but if SLU gets a bye then Marsh is Coach of the Year.

Comment

I'm not disagreeing with you, but if SLU gets a bye then Marsh is Coach of the Year.
                  I've already got him as one of four decent candidates.
                  Last edited by Red Cloud; 01-14-2010, 02:33 PM.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyRadio View Post

I don't think I'm going out on any limb by saying this has to be the first time Union has sold out a D-I game over 48 hours in advance.
                    Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                      I don't think I'm going out on any limb by saying this has to be the first time Union has sold out a D-I game over 48 hours in advance.
                      It was sold out already mid-day yesterday when one of my friends tried to call and get tickets. So make it at least 72 hours.
                      APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                        im glad i got my tickets on monday or tuesday!!! my dad and i will be the ones in sec 1 (i think) in RPI jerseys ringing our bells!
                        RIT Tigers
                        2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                        2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Well, I respect the heck out of the guy as a coach, so it wouldn't surprise me. I don't know enough about the squad to lays odds though...
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyRadio View Post

I'm told that the 150 will be available only AFTER The fire inspector has been handed his bag of money. The building has enough egress issues without adding 150 corpses...errrr...I mean fans.....to the walkways.

I will once again be reluctantly heading into the firetrap that is Itza Messa... I'll be the guy with the Benny Barr jersey on sitting near the Union net. Can you say MALOIK ?
                            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-14-2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

A bit off topic but with the big crowd expected I think it would be great if there was a way of donating at the game to the Red Cross or similar for Haiti relief work. I'm guessing they could raise a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                                A bit off topic but with the big crowd expected I think it would be great if there was a way of donating at the game to the Red Cross or similar for Haiti relief work. I'm guessing they could raise a lot of money.
                                Excellent idea...
                                Here we come!

Comment

Working...
                                X