9.Adrian
10.Amherst
11.Williams
12.River Falls
13.Gustavus Adolphus
14.Wentworth
15.Superior

Had a hard time placing 10-15.

Im not sure if Amherst is going to be able to jump that high but in my opinion they needed to be higher than Williams since they beat the Ephs.

This is also assuming Wentworth beats Plymouth State tomorrow....

Discuss.

BlueDevilRadio
01-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Adrian sticks at #9? Geesh. I think they may trickle back a few more. Perhaps near #11-#13

norm1909
01-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Adrian sticks at #9? Geesh. I think they may trickle back a few more. Perhaps near #11-#13

As I noted elsewhere, if the periods were 18 minutes 45 seconds long, instead of 20 minutes, Adrian would have shutout Oswego 2-0. :eek:

PrezdeJohnson09
01-09-2010, 11:36 PM

Perhaps...

But i feel (having seen a few and judging by box scores) they gave Oswego their best game all season sans Elmira and Plattsburgh and both of those teams are top 6 teams.

Adrian is a top 10 team in my opinion and in Webb/Scott's opinion who have seen them more times than most on the board.

gojackets
01-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Adrian sticks at #9? Geesh. I think they may trickle back a few more. Perhaps near #11.

IMO they should drop out. They've clearly showed they dont belong there. Got handled by hamline, who barely scraped together a tie this weekend against the last place ncha team

PrezdeJohnson09
01-09-2010, 11:39 PM
IMO they should drop out. They've clearly showed they dont belong there. Got handled by hamline, who barely scraped together a tie this weekend against the last place ncha team

You mean the same Superior team that received votes in the last poll and will most likely be ranked in Monday's poll at #15?

If you think Adrian shouldn't be in the rankings you haven't watched a single D-III hockey game this year.

The Real Georgia Peach
01-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Hmm, Colby hasn't lost a game since November, has an 8 game unbeaten streak (6-0-2)I believe, tied Norwich tonight, I would put them ahead of Superior and Wentworth. Other than that, I would only be nit picking.

gojackets
01-09-2010, 11:58 PM
You mean the same Superior team that received votes in the last poll and will most likely be ranked in Monday's poll at #15?

If you think Adrian shouldn't be in the rankings you haven't watched a single D-III hockey game this year.

haha I haven't in person actually...and I'm sure you know that. They should not be in top 10. They will drop to 12-13. I don't know who in the hell is voting for Superior or why.

CSS must be pretty **** good.

PrezdeJohnson09
01-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Hmm, Colby hasn't lost a game since November, has an 8 game unbeaten streak (6-0-2)I believe, tied Norwich tonight, I would put them ahead of Superior and Wentworth. Other than that, I would only be nit picking.

Good point on Colby. I could see them getting ranked too. Forgot their tie was to Norwich. Not too shabby considering the Cadets have yet to lose to anybody.

DeFirst
01-10-2010, 02:19 PM
The latest KRACH ranking has Fredonia at 11. I got corrected in another post for lamenting about Fredonia's lack of respect, but it is nice to see that a statistical ranking (which one might call "unbiased") gives Fredonia some credit for the efforts so far this season.

nysportsfan29
01-10-2010, 10:07 PM
The latest KRACH ranking has Fredonia at 11. I got corrected in another post for lamenting about Fredonia's lack of respect, but it is nice to see that a statistical ranking (which one might call "unbiased") gives Fredonia some credit for the efforts so far this season.

Are you trying to suggest that because they are ranked 11th in the KRACH they are the 11th best team in D3?

Only 3 of their 11 wins have come against teams with winning records, Potsdam and Westfield State (2).

It's easy to rack up wins when you play a cupcake out of conference schedule that includes two games each against Lebanon Valley and Johnson & Wales.

As I said in the other thread, I think they are a decent team, not great. Just like being 3rd in the SUNYAC is good, not great.

PrezdeJohnson09
01-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Are you trying to suggest that because they are ranked 11th in the KRACH they are the 11th best team in D3?

Only 3 of their 11 wins have come against teams with winning records, Potsdam and Westfield State (2).

It's easy to rack up wins when you play a cupcake out of conference schedule that includes two games each against Lebanon Valley and Johnson & Wales.

As I said in the other thread, I think they are a decent team, not great. Just like being 3rd in the SUNYAC is good, not great.

I dont think he was suggesting Fredonia is the 11th best team in D-III.

I think he was merely saying that it's nice to see that Fredonia's record is getting recognized in one of the "unofficial" polls USCHO does.

To be fair, three of Fredonia's losses have come to top six teams in the nation. They only lost to Elmira 4-3 and Oswego was a closer game than 7-4. Didn't atleast one of the goals come from an empty net?

The KRACH weights strength of schedule the most and Fredonia has played a pretty decent schedule so far this year and have beaten the teams they were supposed to beat.

I'm not saying Fredonia is a top 15 team or not but they certainly are having a great season in comparison to the down season they had last year. Fredonia and Potsdam are dangerous teams in the SUNYAC that are capable of pulling the upset on Oswego/Plattsburgh IMHO. I dont care what the scores were in the games earlier this season.

The both have shown the tendency to be able to beat Platty/Oswego at times and it wouldn't shock me at all if one of them beat or took points from Wego/Platty later this year.

one_to7
01-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Oswego scored 4 goals in the last 5 1/2 minutes, with the tieing and game winning goals scored 20 seconds apart.

We'll see how fredonia does when they playthe second half of the suny schedule, but like any Adrian detractor will tell you, it doesn't matter if you play good teams close or not, it only matters if you win or lose.

But don't tell plattsburgh fans that last part ;)

norm1909
01-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Oswego scored 4 goals in the last 5 1/2 minutes, with the tieing and game winning goals scored 20 seconds apart.

We'll see how fredonia does when they playthe second half of the suny schedule, but like any Adrian detractor will tell you, it doesn't matter if you play good teams close or not, it only matters if you win or lose.

But don't tell plattsburgh fans that last part ;)

True, it only matters if you win or are Plattsburgh :cool: :p (or Oswego, Norwich, Middlebury or Elmira)

jazman
01-11-2010, 07:31 AM
As I noted elsewhere, if the periods were 18 minutes 45 seconds long, instead of 20 minutes, Adrian would have shutout Oswego 2-0. :eek:

But the periods are 20 minutes:eek: :eek: if if if

norm1909
01-11-2010, 08:24 AM
But the periods are 20 minutes:eek: :eek: if if if

Details, details, details ;)

nysportsfan29
01-11-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm not saying Fredonia is a top 15 team or not but they certainly are having a great season in comparison to the down season they had last year. Fredonia and Potsdam are dangerous teams in the SUNYAC that are capable of pulling the upset on Oswego/Plattsburgh IMHO. I dont care what the scores were in the games earlier this season.

The both have shown the tendency to be able to beat Platty/Oswego at times and it wouldn't shock me at all if one of them beat or took points from Wego/Platty later this year.

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. Other than Plattsburgh, the 2 SUNYAC games that I worry about the most, as an Oswego fan, are against Fredonia and Potsdam based on their play so far this year.

I respect them enough to know that the elite teams will need to be on top of their game to pull out a victory. Until they prove differently, that's as far as I think it should go.

17'sfanNU
01-11-2010, 05:49 PM
New poll is available on the main page of USCHO Div III. The pull down rankings still posting Jan 4 rankings. Oswego 1, Norwich 2, St. Norberts 3, Plattsburgh 4 and I am unsure of the rest. Way to go Wick:D

bakdraft21
01-11-2010, 06:03 PM

IF IF IF ,,,,,,,I think you know the saying...IF IF IF my aunt had balls she'd b my uncle.......who knows but there are 20 minutes and ya have to play them all....better luck next time Adrian

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
01-11-2010, 06:09 PM
New poll is available on the main page of USCHO Div III. The pull down rankings still posting Jan 4 rankings. Oswego 1, Norwich 2, St. Norberts 3, Plattsburgh 4 and I am unsure of the rest. Way to go Wick:D

Based on reading the "Poll Story" accessible on the DII/DIII Frontpage:

1. Oswego (20) - 1
2. Norwich - 3
3. St. Norbert - 4
4. Plattsburgh - 2
5. St. Scholastica - 5
6. Elmira - 6
7. Middlebury - 8
8. Hamline - 7
9. Amherst - 14
10. williams - 10
11. Adrian - 9