UND @ MN: Jan 15-16: Overly Hostile vs Underachieving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND @ MN: Jan 15-16: Overly Hostile vs Underachieving

Despite recent results, my personal favorite series of the year.

MN on a bit of a roll, although the competition hasn't been top notch.

UND looking okay, maybe starting to gear up for their traditional 2nd half run.

Plusses: Hill isn't coaching this series. Gophers are pretty much healthy, and maybe started to find their scoring groove.

Minuses: the last couple Sioux series is a trend that doesn't look good for MN. For every Harvard/Tech series, there's an NMU game.

Oh, and uh, Uncle Ralph sucks, sugar beets, Dirty's mom, floods, and BC. I should get that out of the way.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Re: UND @ MN: Jan 15-16: Overly Hostile vs Underachieving

6-1 in our last seven! WOOOoooo!!1!

Wait, those seven were against Mankato, Tech, Bowling Green, Northern, and Harvard.

Crap.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Despite recent results, my personal favorite series of the year.

MN on a bit of a roll, although the competition hasn't been top notch.

Plusses: Hill isn't coaching this series. Gophers are pretty much healthy, and maybe started to find their scoring groove.

Minuses: the last couple Sioux series is a trend that doesn't look good for MN. For every Harvard/Tech series, there's an NMU game.

Oh, and uh, Uncle Ralph sucks, sugar beets, Dirty's mom, floods, and BC. I should get that out of the way.
      OK, that's out of the way early. Good thinking there. It would be nice if the Sioux were healthy too. Genoway still out, Hextall out, Knight out. Ouch. But still plenty of firepower to spank the Gophers!
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Wait, those seven were against Mankato, Tech, Bowling Green, Northern, and Harvard.

Crap.
        Hey, UND barely beat MSU-M tonight.

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
        OK, that's out of the way early. Good thinking there. It would be nice if the Sioux were healthy too. Genoway still out, Hextall out, Knight out. Ouch. But still plenty of firepower to spank the Gophers!

Don't think I'll just start talking hockey all willy-nilly like. That was just to get the thread started. Now I have to wait until Thu.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Go Sioux!!!!!
          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

How many combined wins do those teams have?

UND: The Anti-Healthy
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Hey, UND barely beat MSU-M tonight.

Don't think I'll just start talking hockey all willy-nilly like. That was just to get the thread started. Now I have to wait until Thu.
              I'm guessing maybe some of your fellow fans may jump in before then.
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

UND: The Anti-Healthy
                I bet I could count the wins on my extremities without dropping trou.

I'm guessing maybe some of your fellow fans may jump in before then.
                They may jump in, but I'll tell ya what they're gonna say:

Happy: MN wins, UND goes to jail, how's your finger Hakstol?
                Scooby: If MN doesn't beat UND by 827532 goals each night, season's over.
                HarleyMC, Greyeagle, Slap Shot: general hockey chatter, nothing specific
                Jockstrap: inane ramblings involving Dirty and bodily functions

Comment

Mariucci is installing a metal detector for the series just in case Frattin tries to smuggle in lawnmower parts.

Comment

28, I believe.

I am glad the Gophers have started to win most games they are supposed to, but I still don't have the highest of hopes.

Comment

hey, frattin only got arrested twice last year, stop picking on him.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

28, I believe.

I am glad the Gophers have started to win most games they are supposed to, but I still don't have the highest of hopes.
                        Mankato ruined that fun stat with their darn 11 wins.
                        Harvard with 2 wins and Bowling Green & Tech with 3 wins each.
                        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          hey, frattin only got arrested twice last year, stop picking on him.
                          Only 6 more and he would have caught up to Hagemo!

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Actually, Minnesota is missing Jay Barriball.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Mankato ruined that fun stat with their darn 11 wins.
                              Harvard with 2 wins and Bowling Green & Tech with 3 wins each.
                              Yeah, NMU kind of wrecks the fun with 9 as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X