Clear All

• Re: UND @ MN: Jan 15-16: Overly Hostile vs Underachieving

Where are my ****ing halos?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Where'd you order them from?
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        Where'd you order them from?
        siouxsports.com
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Nobody's earned one yet. When they're not at the top of the WCHA 'they' fail to come out of the woodwork.

Comment

I'd really like to have a halo.

Sioux Sweep
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              I'd really like to have a halo.

Sioux Sweep
              Any leftovers from the denver series?
              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by bik4u62 View Post
                If you call and ask, they'll say, "We don't take reservations". But we all know that's crap. I see Reserved signs on tables all the time. So share the luv, man - what's the secret?
                Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                As opposed to..............

Might be the night you're trying. Some events they won't take reservations for so if that one is going on the same night (like a Twins playoff game) they won't take any reservations.
                MNS is correct. For whatever reason, they don't consider UND/MN hockey a "game night," but if it's a big Vikes game or Twins game, they do consider that a game night, and no reservations would be taken.

For the last UND/MN series, that's the problem we ran into. If the Twins had played that weekend, our res would've been canceled.

Also, I think the min is 6 people (we always had at least 8, though, and added a couple extra spots, just in case). And definitely reserve it for about an hour ahead.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                  The Fighting Goon's I like it.
                  Could we get Steve Downie or perhaps Chris Pronger to be our mascot?
                  Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                    I like the fact that Ness is getting recognized as a defenseman that can play against anyone ("we have 4 D-men that can play against anyone"). People may point to his lack of pts as being problematic, but I think he is the best all-around defenseman on the team. He carries the puck well, makes good decisions on the point, can feed well (if there were a few more goal-scorers on the squad I think his pt. total would be much greater at this point), and he is always in position defensively and almost never gets turned by forwards coming into the Gophers' zone. I have been very impressed with his play after the first month of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      I like the fact that Ness is getting recognized as a defenseman that can play against anyone ("we have 4 D-men that can play against anyone"). People may point to his lack of pts as being problematic, but I think he is the best all-around defenseman on the team. He carries the puck well, makes good decisions on the point, can feed well (if there were a few more goal-scorers on the squad I think his pt. total would be much greater at this point), and he is always in position defensively and almost never gets turned by forwards coming into the Gophers' zone. I have been very impressed with his play after the first month of the season.
                      IMO Ness has not been spectacular this year. I question Lucia's decision to allow him to accelerate into the program when he should have spent at least a year in the USHL to develop his skills and physical stature. He simply does not have the physical prowess necessary to be a high impact defensivemen in this league right now. Fairchild IMO is the defensive catalyst on the team and he is struggling this year.

The Gophers need much more physicality from their defense if they hope to shut top teams down. IMO Lucia needs to rethink his recruitiing strategy and bring in more high impact players who are more physically and mentally prepared for D1. Taking players out of HS has not been successful for the program.

I watched Gopher recruit, Nate Schmidt, play a couple weeks ago and he moved the puck well, has a good defensive aptitude, solid physical stature at 6-0, 197, plus he possesses good offensive skills and has seven goals and 15 assists in 22 games for the Fargo Force. He seems like more of what the Gophers need.
                      Last edited by HarleyMC; 01-12-2010, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• I think Bjugstad and Gardiner both will bring some physicality to the lineup, although I think both are coming straight from h.s? And I would hope by next year that Budish will begin making his physical presence more known, although if he has it in him I don't know what he's waiting for. Perhaps the year off from the injury has played a part.

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
                          It could be. Or not.

The one deadline that's carved in stone is November 2010. That's the deadline in the NCAA lawsuit settlement for UND to obtain approval from both Sioux tribes in the state. The settlement doesn't require UND to drop the nickname if it doesn't have approval. The university can either change the nickname to something the NCAA likes or keep the Fighting Sioux nickname and be subject to the NCAA's policy against Native American nicknames and imagery.

There are some questions that have yet to be answered. Will the Standing Rock Tribal Council change its official policy against UND's use of the nickname, as the Spirit Lake Tribal Council did? Will the State Board of Higher Education change the name before the November deadline to help UND achieve membership in the DI Summit Conference? Will the group from Spirit Lake that filed a lawsuit to block the board from changing the name early file an appeal after the judge threw the case out?

There's a chance that the State Board of Higher Education could take action on the issue when it meets at UND Jan. 21. The expectation is that the Spirit Lake group will file an appeal with the North Dakota Supreme Court before then, effectively blocking the board from taking any action.

Because nobody is officially discussing a new nickname, that's rather hard to say. There have been many suggestions. Some are liked better than others, but I couldn't say which is favored. Heck, I don't even know who will ultimately make the decision if the nickname changes. Some simply favor UND becoming "North Dakota."

See above.
                          Thanks for the update. I wish you guys luck in retaining your heritage and traditions. It truly would be a shame if und is required to comply.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Ski yo momma!
                          Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
                          Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

A Sioux sweep this weekend would be the torpedo that sinks the minnesota season ship. The only question is, where would the goofs go from there?
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Gophers are by far the laziest hockey team in history of College hockey. Sioux sweep the weekend series.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                MNS is correct. For whatever reason, they don't consider UND/MN hockey a "game night," but if it's a big Vikes game or Twins game, they do consider that a game night, and no reservations would be taken.
                                I dunno - I've run into it during WCHA and NCAA playoff nights, too. The place is always packed for those, so it must be their policy on any big $$$ night. Wish they would just state it publicly. It's my absolute favorite place to watch WCHA games.

Comment

Working...
                                X