Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Cloud @ Quinnipiac Jan 15th and 16th: Are we playing the Gophers yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Cloud @ Quinnipiac Jan 15th and 16th: Are we playing the Gophers yet?

SCSU finally has some momentum, going 7-1-1 over their last 9.

The Bobcats are headed the other way, starting 12-1-0, then going 1-5-1 plus however they do against Union (looking at the scoring threads, I guess nobody else cares about a Union-Quinnypack game either).

Skeeter... start your boner.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: St. Cloud @ Quinnipiac Jan 15th and 16th: Are we playing the Gophers yet?

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    SCSU finally has some momentum, going 7-1-1 over their last 9.

The Bobcats are headed the other way, starting 12-1-0, then going 1-5-1 plus however they do against Union (looking at the scoring threads, I guess nobody else cares about a Union-Quinnypack game either).

Skeeter... start your boner.
    It's cause Union fell from their all time high ranking of 26....
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Union wins 2-1 in OT. Quinny falls to 13-7-1 and no longer has the most points in the ECAC.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I was hoping this would be a good series but honestly I don't know what to expect now. On one hand I want to believe that we can't stay in our slide forever... on the other, we're just not playing the same way we were back in October and November. Hopefully we can find whatever is missing before the weekend.

Is anyone making the trip to Hamden?
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

This guy.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Who cares about ECAC, bring on the Gophers!

I took off work for both games, so I can see them come to STC and get bombarded with glow sticks, and so I can go to Mariucci and be outnumbered by old people 20:1.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
              Who cares about ECAC, bring on the Gophers!

I took off work for both games, so I can see them come to STC and get bombarded with glow sticks, and so I can go to Mariucci and be outnumbered by old people 20:1.
              First off, for those who don't know, while obviously our conference series are more important, this thread title was to make fun of the morons who only care when we play the Gophers... and look who showed up.

Second, I was on the border of whether to go to either game in the Gopher series... way to give me a good reason to stay at home.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

First off, for those who don't know, while obviously our conference series are more important, this thread title was to make fun of the morons who only care when we play the Gophers... and look who showed up.

Second, I was on the border of whether to go to either game in the Gopher series... way to give me a good reason to stay at home.
                I don't agree with you often, but this post: truth.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I don't agree with you often, but this post: truth.
                  Lies! You agree with me way more often than you'd ever wanna admit to agreeing with an SCSU fan.

Comment

Lies! You agree with me way more often than you'd ever wanna admit to agreeing with an SCSU fan.
                    I don't agree with that at all.

SCSU sweeps, and it won't be close, btw.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                      Union wins 2-1 in OT. Quinny falls to 13-7-1 and no longer has the most points in the ECAC.

Union has the most points in the ECAC! I'm thrilled and I'm in shock right now. Great day for our hockey program. We've made some major strides this season since our somewhat disappointing trip to St. Cloud.

Good luck to Quinny during the series against St. Cloud next weekend. I don't know what is going on with that team but they need to get it together FAST. I was surprised about their amazing start and I was very happy for them. On the bright side though, even after this horrible stretch that Quinny is going through right now, they are still only one point behind in the race for first in the ECAC.
                      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                        Union has the most points in the ECAC! I'm thrilled and I'm in shock right now. Great day for our hockey program. We've made some major strides this season since our somewhat disappointing trip to St. Cloud.
                        Somewhat disappointing trip? You guys didn't throw the team a ticker-tape parade for getting a point in the NHC?

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post

Good luck to Quinny during the series against St. Cloud next weekend. I don't know what is going on with that team but they need to get it together FAST. I was surprised about their amazing start and I was very happy for them. On the bright side though, even after this horrible stretch that Quinny is going through right now, they are still only one point behind in the race for first in the ECAC.
                          Why do you state your trip was "somewhat disappointing"? Your lame ECAC team got a point. You should be celebrating.

Husckeys crush Q next weekend in preparation for the lowly rodent goofers.

Get ready to eat BWW wings on Saturday, January 23, 2010.

Comment

Somewhat disappointing trip? You guys didn't throw the team a ticker-tape parade for getting a point in the NHC?
                            Dude, that parade was EPIC, I don't know how you could have missed that.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              SCSU sweeps, and it won't be close, btw.
                              Are we talking about this weekend or against the gophers here? Or both?

Okay okay, enough of this. Too many of our fans already seem to think all we have to do is show up and we'll get the sweep against Q. Did none of you see Robert Morris beat Miami 3-1 this weekend. Nothing is a given and if the team plays like they did this past weekend a split is very possible.

The way this is starting do we get another full week of UHM just because we're playing a team in his conference?

Comment

Working...
                              X