Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What facility uprades does your team's rink in need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What facility uprades does your team's rink in need?

Thought it might be interesting to learn about what the fans feel is lacking in their home arenas!

MICHIGAN STATE:
    Munn Arena is still considered one of the finer facilities in the country. However, because it is build almost completely underground, there is very little room for expansion of the team faacilities. In the past renovations have been more like reconfigurations.

As for the public parts of the building, the current sound system debuted in 1993 and is VERY bad. It sounds terrible and is often turned up way too loud. Also, the men's restrooms could use an ugrade as they have a perminant odor that is never relenting.

I still love Munn Arena, but I think these improvements would help with the overall fan experience.
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Re: What facility uprades does your team's rink in need?

Bentley needs a real building to play in.
    sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

The guys sitting on the home bench.

Comment

For HFH:

A fresh coat of paint on the seats.
        Raise the stage a few feet so you can actually hear the band.
        The ice in the corner near section 10 gets to be a little soft. Don't know about the colder weather if it is OK then, but they may want to address the refrigeration over there.

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
          Thought it might be interesting to learn about what the fans feel is lacking in their home arenas!

MICHIGAN STATE:
          Munn Arena is still considered one of the finer facilities in the country. However, because it is build almost completely underground, there is very little room for expansion of the team faacilities. In the past renovations have been more like reconfigurations.

As for the public parts of the building, the current sound system debuted in 1993 and is VERY bad. It sounds terrible and is often turned up way too loud. Also, the men's restrooms could use an ugrade as they have a perminant odor that is never relenting.

I still love Munn Arena, but I think these improvements would help with the overall fan experience.
          Absolutely concur - the restrooms are an anachronism. Without going into too much detail, there seems to be a flow problem in the Men's facilities.
          Also, on the concourse would like marble floors and for viewing would like heated chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            The guys sitting on the home bench.

Could go a long way in improving the atmosphere a bit.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Better on-ice officials.

(what, they don't come with the rink?)

Comment

From the "Too Late To Do Anything About It Unless You Want To Build A Brand New Building" department:

Terrible corner sightlines.
                Obstructed views in the third tier.

Otherwise, we're fine. If the Coliseum was the Montreal Forum of college hockey, I'm okay with the fact that we now have the Bell Centre of college hockey.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  From the "Too Late To Do Anything About It Unless You Want To Build A Brand New Building" department:

Terrible corner sightlines.
                  Obstructed views in the third tier.

Otherwise, we're fine. If the Coliseum was the Montreal Forum of college hockey, I'm okay with the fact that we now have the Bell Centre of college hockey.
                  We could use an area where we could hang signs/banners like we did at the Coliseum. That would add character! Overall, I'm pretty happy with TKC since squeaky-shoe-bouncey-ball was it's first love.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Beer.

Comment

wins
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

A reason to update our banners.

Beyond that, we could use a new eastern end of the arena, including a reasonable place for the band and a walkway around that side. It's not too bad otherwise.

EDIT: And a better setup for TV, so we don't have to deal with cables strewn everywhere on the rare occasion we are televised.
                        Last edited by Beer Pong Horn; 01-08-2010, 05:02 PM.
                        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                          MICHIGAN STATE:

The lime-green fiberglass bleachers need to go. I've broken through at least three or four rows already!

Seriously, though, those seats need to get ripped out soon. I'm sure the year-after-year repair costs (not so much for the bucket of epoxy resin, but costs that are labor-related) are slightly ridiculous.

Here's what should be done...

*****http://www.spartantailgate.com/forums/members/a-allen-albums-stuff-picture366-munnreconfig.jpg******

The bottom-five rows are padded chairbacks, rows 6-through-16 are standard plastic chairs, and rows 17 and 18 are rows with aluminum benches. The obvious exception here is seen in sections U through A - aluminum benches all the way down to the glass for the students.

Additionally, a new plastic rink with seamless glass and an restroom expansion would be nice.

I'd also like LED ribbonboards on both luxury and club-level overhangs, but that's obviously not a necessity.
                          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                          66 - 86 - 07
                          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Brown needs a new speaker system. We got new scoreboards this year; now it's time to improve what must be the worst audio system in the country! Seriously. Anyone who's ever been to a game at Meehan knows what I'm talking about. It's pretty embarrassing.

We could also use a new color scheme on the seats. The first and second level make sense (brown and red; our team colors), but then the top level is...yellow? Someone crapped the bed on that one, and it looks absolutely revolting.

Plus our press box could use an upgrade, but I don't think a game at Meehan has been televised in 3 or 4 years, so for now we're all set.

We also need some exciting gimmick to get students to come to games.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                              Beer.
                              Thank you - that somehow triggered another thought regarding Munn. Why isn't there a single ATM in the house?

Comment

Working...
                              X