USCHO D3 Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO D3 Rankings

For the Jan 4, poll, how do UWRF and UWS get ranked above Lake Forest? Because they lost to UMass? Get real. UWRF and UWS both have losses or ties to teams they should have beat. Are the pollsters ranking UWRF an UWS based on those teams historical performance instead of reality?

Re: USCHO D3 Rankings

Originally posted by nbound View Post
    For the Jan 4, poll, how do UWRF and UWS get ranked above Lake Forest? Because they lost to UMass? Get real. UWRF and UWS both have losses or ties to teams they should have beat. Are the pollsters ranking UWRF an UWS based on those teams historical performance instead of reality?
    I think it is sort of like that. People aren't used to seeing Lake Forest up there, so as soon as they show weakness they drop far. St Kates will not even be in consideration anymore after losing to River Falls. Lake Forest should be ranked above UWS/RF clearly, but people are taking this one loss way too far.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

As it relates to this week's rankings, I'd love to know what is running through voters' minds when Elmira is ranked higher than Plattsburgh. No problem with Amherst beind No. 1. Fully agreed. But Elmira beating Amherst who beat Plattsburgh does not equal Elmira beating Plattsburgh nor does it take away two losses to Plattsburgh earlier this season. A three-loss team with two losses against a team that was ranked lower than it when it happened (Platty) and one loss against what was an unranked team at the time (Manhattanville) is better than a one loss team whose loss was to the team that is now No. 1? Strange.

Nice to see Trinity keeping on climbing but hard for me to believe that in a matchup of top 5 teams they would have any chance.

Comment

I suspect that the coaches who do this poll just mail it in (e-mail) and high-spot the one or two folks they think have moved up in their minds due to recent performance, and that they don't revisit anyone else who didn't trip or otherwise distinguish themselves. In some ways, it probably is even more bogus than the fan opinion poll where at least the few fans who vote pay attention and are called to account for any strange oversights.
        Illegitimum non carborundum
        Cartman: Ma'am, the Crack Baby Athletic Association is a storied institution that was founded over twelve days ago.
        Cartman:Should I admit I was wrong, ask for everyone's forgiveness and go back to my original team? Nah, screw that, I'm just gonna keep being a d**k.
        Cartman: Screw you sir, I'm going home.

Comment

I guess I'm half surprised to see Elmira ahead of Plattsburgh. However, considering Elmira winning the Pather/Cardinal Classic and taking 3 point of 4 from RIT (all on the road) in eight days is pretty impressive.

The homer in me thinks the two head-to-head wins by Plattsburgh should count more than they apparently do. Plattsburgh has one loss to the #1 team, while Elmira has a loss to the current #8 (in addition to the two losses to Plattsburgh) and a tie to #4.

Oh well, it's just a January poll.
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

And how do positions 5-9 (including 2 NCHA teams) get ranked ahead of Lake Forest? Because they lost a fluke game to UMASS or is it just that people are not comfortable seeing Lake Forest doing better than the perennial NCHA powers of UWRF, UWS,and UWSP

Comment

And how do positions 5-9 (including 2 NCHA teams) get ranked ahead of Lake Forest? Because they lost a fluke game to UMASS or is it just that people are not comfortable seeing Lake Forest doing better than the perennial NCHA powers of UWRF, UWS,and UWSP
              DAAAA.... the pollsters are beginning to position western teams for the D3 championships being held out west this year.

Comment

Elmira/Plattsburgh/Amherst = scissors/rock/paper

This week's poll
                1) Scissors
                2) Paper
                3) Rock

Last week's poll
                1) Rock
                2) Scissors
                3) Paper

Next week's poll
                1) Paper
                2) Rock
                3) Scissors

Comment

Originally posted by notfromaroundhere View Post

This week's poll
                  1) Scissors
                  2) Paper
                  3) Rock

Last week's poll
                  1) Rock
                  2) Scissors
                  3) Paper

Next week's poll
                  1) Paper
                  2) Rock
                  3) Scissors
                  LOL - that's the best explanation for poll results I think I've ever seen. It really is a crap shoot at the top. No one wants to see their team listed third in a three-way scrum....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

To give people a little more food for thought here is the way I voted.

1.Amherst
                    2.Plattsburgh
                    3.Elmira
                    4.Manhattanville
                    5.River Falls
                    6.Trinity
                    7.RIT
                    8.Middlebury
                    9.Lake Forest
                    10.Superior

Comment

Originally posted by notfromaroundhere View Post

This week's poll
                      1) Scissors
                      2) Paper
                      3) Rock

Last week's poll
                      1) Rock
                      2) Scissors
                      3) Paper

Next week's poll
                      1) Paper
                      2) Rock
                      3) Scissors
                      Epic.

Comment

As far as the NCHA teams go, RF hasn't played bad against anyone. Including tonight they now have 3 losses. Superior, a ranked team, GAC a western power and Adrian a top 10 team from a season ago who struggled against eastern opponents but is tied for second in the NCHA and in my opinion finishes the season very strong.

Superior meanwhile has lost to Lake Forest so that one is harder to explain away.

Lake Forest went 1-0-1 against Superior, but meanwhile they also went 1-0-1 against Stevens Point. Now I believe Stevens Point is a little down early this year so thats and understandable win. But the also have 2 wins against a bad Finlandia team.

So I think RF higher is ok for now, but LF should be above UWS. Also if LF gets at least 9 of 12 points in the next 3 weeks vs Adrian (2) Marian (4) and EC (3)and RF gets anything less then 7 points during that time Adrian should move ahead of RF.
                        Voice of UWRF Athletics 2007-
                        Voice of River Falls High School Athletics 2007-
                        Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball-2010
                        Eau Claire Express Baseball-2011

Comment

In this weeks poll who will be Rock, who will be Paper and who will be Scissors?

Comment

In this weeks poll who will be Rock, who will be Paper and who will be Scissors?
                            Paper will cover Rock, but Rock beat scissors, and scissors still cut paper.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

I think top 5 will stay the same.

1. Amherst
                              2. Elmira
                              3. Plattsburgh
                              4. RIT
                              5. Trinity

Then things shake up.
                              6. Manhattanville
                              7. River Falls
                              8. Superior
                              9. Middlebury
                              10. Gustavus

This is probably what should happen...in reality Middlebury will probably stay at 7 or move to 6...and the others move down.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                              NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                              Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X