This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The definitive tournament speculation thread

I bet St. Norbert is jacked they bothered to play the regular season.
    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Tire View Post
      If it makes you feel any better, I believe Minnesota will host it next year. Then the West can take their revenge. Get 10 of the 11 bids and listen to all the Easterners whine.
      Ha, right. We'd **** that up, too.
      “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
      19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
        The west needs someone to step up and host. Green Bay certainly could, but no one can convince PMI to do it... There are venues but we need willing hosts.
        Maybe Ridder next year
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

is there a linkto the official brackets???? where?????

Comment

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-The EAST! You'd think they invented the game. The NCAA should be ashamed! What the F*&^k! The west needs to get the tourney back out here.

This is GONG show!

I guess it will never change. F-Lake Placid

Westcout
            Wow !!! Classy Post !!!!

Comment

It's Ridder Arena, and I'm pretty sure it is, in fact, a done deal (I've seen a bunch of official NCAA release-type stuff mentioning it, in any case).
              Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
              A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
              A Handful of ECAC West Championships
              A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
              Some National Championships:
              Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
              Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
                In the future, forget the suspense. Just invite Plattsburgh, Oswego or Elmira, Norwich, and Middlebury and ask the Lake Placid Chamber of Commerce who they would like to see as the special guest from the West. What a bunch of BS!!!
                I think you are referring to the Primelink Shootout!!! Every year they invite one team from the West and I think they haven't won a game yet in that tournament....St. Thomas, Stout, and St. John's ( I think) are 0 for the Primelink!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                  I bet St. Norbert is jacked they bothered to play the regular season.
                  Watch Wednesday vs Adrian, when the Knights see those NCAA logos on the boards
                  SNC Men:
                  Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                  NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                  SNC Women:
                  O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbeckman View Post
                    I thought I saw someplace that its in Minneapolis next year. Riddle Arena was it (not sure where that is exactly)?
                    I am not sure exactly, but I think when I was looking for DIII regional rankings last week on the NCAA website, it had a "history" link. It showed all the past winners and runner ups. It also showed that Minnesota is hosting next year, if I remember right.

Comment

That's dumb. Run your mouth about the West being better than the East. What happened last year in the finals again? Neumann 4-Gustavus 1? Yeah the West is way better, you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
                        Elmira deserved to be in over M'ville... based on the criteria.

Based on the distribution of power this year... the distribution of play-in games is appropriate... based on the NCAA restrictions.

This is the most appropriate bracket based on the criteria and NCAA restrictions.

Blame those, not the committee.
                        The committee picked a fine time to objectively use the criteria. I think it hurts the ECAC West in the long run, not just Manhattanville.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                          The committee picked a fine time to objectively use the criteria. I think it hurts the ECAC West in the long run, not just Manhattanville.
                          Or it tells Manhattanville that playing a crap schedule really screws you over in case your conference has a down year.

Comment

Close to 300 in the thread now. I'm reminded of the scene in Airplane! where everyone starts lining up to slap the hysterical lady...
                            Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                            A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                            A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                            A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                            Some National Championships:
                            Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                            Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by cardinal country native View Post
                              I think you are referring to the Primelink Shootout!!! Every year they invite one team from the West and I think they haven't won a game yet in that tournament....St. Thomas, Stout, and St. John's ( I think) are 0 for the Primelink!!
                              No, I am quite certain that this is the NCAA's and while we are at it, put the Final 4 back on campus at either one of the Eastern schools mentioned and call it the Burlington Invitational. It is an absolute joke that SNC will have to play the play in game while the Eastern toddlers get their rest.
                              SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                                The Valiants should have definitely been in the NCAA's!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X