LSSU @ MSU - Plenty of seats available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU @ MSU - Plenty of seats available

How was everyone's holidays? Spartans tallied 24 goals in a 12-day stretch (albeit 8 of them of the unofficial kind) and gave up 4 (2). Will they keep that rolling this weekend? Or will Lake State add to its 6-game winning streak?
    Last 3 games MSU's got goals from 9, 6 and 7 different scorers, respectively. Saturday LSSU got markers from 7 different players. Intriguing matchup.

Re: LSSU @ MSU - Plenty of seats available

Iam not sure what to make of this series...

From an MSU side, I have no idea how long the Spartans can keep up this incredible scoring rate. I am not sure when things will slow down, but the way the defense has performed I am not sure it will matter. I have only seen LSSU one game so far, but I just have a feeling this will be a blood bath.
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Comment

Listened to the Rick Comley Show podcast. Very sad to hear about Rick's father-in-law passing.

Not a whole lot of preview about this series on the show. When asked about the Lakers, coach Renfrew pretty much said "not sure about them, haven't watched any tape yet." As a Lake State fan, my response to that is "cool, why don't you just keep it that way."

MSU's turn around this year is quite amazing. In the two games I saw them play in the Soo last year they were just flat out awful. Two important games this weekend and it should be a hard fought series.

Comment

Interesting title - plenty of seats available. Actually, I was planning to make the short trek over for the weekend's games, but alas, I'll be home watching on TV instead. With muliple snowmobile trips coming up in the next few weeks, I have to save some cash and stay local this weekend. I might regret not going to watch in person because this has all the makings to be an awesome, hard fought series.

It could come down to a special teams battle to decide these games. If that's the case, I hope the officiatings attempts to "manage" a game vs. calling it outright, isn't a deciding factor in either game and that the actual play on the ice determines the winner.

Comment

It should be a entertaining series to say the least. Lakers will have to play their best to get some points and they have been on a roll.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

These have bee two of the hottest teams in the country tonight. A decade ago this series would have brought in 6,700 people and tons of pub. Tonight I would be happy to see 4,500!
            MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

OK so here we are a handful of hours away from resumption of the CCHA schedule. It's been two years since we've seen Lake State up close and all I know is they're on a roll and pretty good on the road.
              It's also apparent that, on paper, special teams favor the visitors.
              However, holy **** we look good 5-on-5 and our power play is on the upswing. Also our netminding doesn't show any signs of weakening. Not comfortable in calling for two wins for MSU, but a good crowd at home usually favors MSU in a league game and there's a lot of good pub. in the local media to help get the partisans out to the game tonight.

I like 4 to 5 points for Spartans this weekend.

Comment

Why is there plenty of seats availbable? Are students still on holiday break? I agree that 10 years ago Munn would be sold out but now it sounds like that won't come close this weekend. That's too bad.

I'm anticipating an entertaining series.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  Why is there plenty of seats availbable? Are students still on holiday break? I agree that 10 years ago Munn would be sold out but now it sounds like that won't come close this weekend. That's too bad.

1. sad but catchy title phrase, and 2. you answered the question

Comment

As a Laker fan i would be happy with a hard plated 60 minutes from the team each night and hope for 3 points on the weekend.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Back in the day playing Lake State was almost as big as playing Michigan. These games were great. LSSU is one of my favorite other programs and I would love to see them come back to the top of the CCHA.I think a strong LSSU is great for college hockey, and a great historical rival for MSU.
                      MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

I was sure pulling for Rowe to get one of the stars tonight, but Mahoney-Wilson was a good pick, too. He was hung out to dry on two of those goals.
                        Lake Superior looked to be the most physical team State has played since Miami. They are no joke, and I believe the Spartans benefitted from some good bounces to get them headed down the ice.
                        Once State got used to LSSU's intense forecheck in the first period ... pretty even game.
                        State, however, found a way to kill every penalty. That was a pleasant surprise for us considering how the Lakers have performed on the power play.
                        Great, hard-fought game sprinkled with a modicum of chippiness.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post

The announced attendance was something like 4,200, but it seemed like quite a bit more. As for not being sold out, IMO it's a function of the economy.
                          "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                          - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            Lake Superior looked to be the most physical team State has played since Miami. They are no joke, and I believe the Spartans benefitted from some good bounces to get them headed down the ice.
                            Once State got used to LSSU's intense forecheck in the first period ... pretty even game.
                            State, however, found a way to kill every penalty. That was a pleasant surprise for us considering how the Lakers have performed on the power play.
                            Great, hard-fought game sprinkled with a modicum of chippiness.
                            That is a tough as nails team. Pretty darn nerve-wracking game. Props to the visitors.
                            "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

State has really impressed me this year after watching them in the soo last year, wow what a turn around. Hats off to the Spartans.

I would like to see Rick Schofield turn it up a notch tomorrow.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                              X