Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Poll Predictions - 1/4/10

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
    I didn't say they had a better week than Hamline...Potsdam had a better week than Adrian....so Potsdam should be ranked higher than Adrian in this week's poll according to your theory about Elmira should be ranked higher than Hamline...
    Ah, definitely missed the part about Adrian. It was only right in front of me.

Anyways, take out Hamline and put in Adrian in the first sentence and it still applies. Not the 2nd part tho, obviously.
    Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
    08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
    2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
      Ah, definitely missed the part about Adrian. It was only right in front of me.

Anyways, take out Hamline and put in Adrian in the first sentence and it still applies. Not the 2nd part tho, obviously.
      So are you saying that Potsdam's win vs NEC and tie vs Norwich was less impressive than Adrian losing (badly) twice to Hamline?
      Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
      2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Uhhh, the first one was a one-goal game. The second one was bad.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

So are you saying that Potsdam's win vs NEC and tie vs Norwich was less impressive than Adrian losing (badly) twice to Hamline?
          No. Just that Potsdam clearly doesn't deserve to be ranked above Adrian. Yet.

Comment

No. Just that Potsdam clearly doesn't deserve to be ranked above Adrian. Yet.
            All I'm trying to say is that your argument for why Hamline should be ranked higher than Elmira is a bad argument because you argument is based upon one weekend. Should Hamline be ranked higher than Elmira? I don't know, but you can't have a knee-jerk reaction to one weekend..
            Oswego'08, '10

Comment

Well, assuming that I read the schedule properly, Hamline does play St. Scholastica this Friday, so Hamline will have another opportunity be able to account for themselves again.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

All I'm trying to say is that your argument for why Hamline should be ranked higher than Elmira is a bad argument because you argument is based upon one weekend. Should Hamline be ranked higher than Elmira? I don't know, but you can't have a knee-jerk reaction to one weekend..
                My argument was based on the fact that Hamline was ranked and has a similar record. I assumed most people would get that.

UNE also had a better weekend than Adrian I guess since they got their first win of the season, but clearly they don't deserve to be ranked above Adrian. Same with Potsdam. That's why neither Potsdam nor UNE got any votes.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, you know I hate Elmira (because of and to pi$s you off), but I know they're a good team. I just think that Hamline had a more impressive weekend and therefore they deserve to be ranked above Elmira this week. If what you have said above comes true (Adrian gets blown out and Elmira plays well and/or wins against Plattsburgh) I will re-think my position.
                  Should read...

I just think Hamline had a more impressive weekend and have a better season-long resume and therefore they deserve to be ranked above Elmira this week.
                  Oswego'08, '10

Comment

Should read...

I just think Hamline had a more impressive weekend and have a better season-long resume and therefore they deserve to be ranked above Elmira this week.
                    I'll be sure to infer that the posters on these boards have no common sense and spell every little thing out so no one gets confused anymore.

So just to be clear, even though UNE and Potsdam got wins this weekend and Adrian lost twice, I do NOT think they should be ranked above Adrian. Perhaps next week...

Comment

Norwich's win over Plattsburgh, 4-1, will be turning some heads this week. It was an awesome game, well played and the ultimate competition. It will all depend on how both teams finish the week. We'll see
                      There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                        Norwich's win over Plattsburgh, 4-1, will be turning some heads this week. It was an awesome game, well played and the ultimate competition. It will all depend on how both teams finish the week. We'll see
                        I wonder how many #1 votes Norwich will pilfer from Oswego if both teams take care of business this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                          Okay, Norwich has a win over Bowdoin and a tie with Colby, 3 points right?
                          Plattsburgh tie's with Elmira, 1 point right? Oswego defeats Adrian, 2 points with a unbiased result that Adrian might be out of the league. Prediction- Plattsburgh drops 1 spot, Oswego remains #1, Adrian drops 1, Points to Potsdam, Elmira, Colby and Norwich moves to #2. I could be wrong but I hope not.
                          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Working...
                          X