UAA vs Denver Goin on a road trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA vs Denver Goin on a road trip

After a long month of christmas celebrations and holiday hangovers, its time for this seawolf fan to head down to the mile high city to experience his first college hockey game outside of the state of alaska (and first trip to colorado).

The seawolves last game was a 3-2 loss against St. Cloud on Dec. 5th. While Denver just came from behind to defeat a good BC team 4-3.

Thoughts on the weekend folks?
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Re: UAA vs Denver Goin on a road trip

You guys really haven't had a game for a month??? Wow. Good luck against Denver!
    Application for Admission to the WCHA:
    http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
    Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
    Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
    Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
    All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
      You guys really haven't had a game for a month??? Wow. Good luck against Denver!
      It's been more than a month, UAA's last series was on December 4-5. They did play UAA alumni last night, but that is it. BTW, Waldrop and Krafty can still bring it!

I think that since Murray blew it so bad up in Anchorage with UAA's 7-3 win that Gwoz should let him try to redeem himself this weekend.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

This should be a great weekend of hockey. I have to say though, I'm also looking forward to the fireworks on this thread!! Suze, Old Pio, let's keep it civil
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Both games on FSN Rocky Mountain this weekend.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

This will be a fun series I will be at both games getting rowdy!
            GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Nothing is easy in the WCHA. (See DU's 7-3 loss to UAA). But DU needs to get four points this weekend. They played up to expectations in the Denver Cup, routing the team they were expected to beat on Friday, and storming back in style against one of the best teams in college hockey on Saturday. The veterans are leading, Chevy's playing well, and the team should be playing with some swagger and confidence. 4 points or bust!

Is Donovan going to be back for this series?

Seawolfpunk: I hope you have fun in Denver. If you need any tips from us Denverites, let us know.

Comment

Donovan will be back for the series but whether Gwoz will play him remains to be seen. Donovan hasn't had any time off as he went right from DU to the USA team after they played Duluth. Gwoz may elect to give him a breather as Matt would get this and next weekend off as DU has a bye after UAA.

USA/Canada tomorrow night for the Gold!!!

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  Donovan will be back for the series but whether Gwoz will play him remains to be seen. Donovan hasn't had any time off as he went right from DU to the USA team after they played Duluth. Gwoz may elect to give him a breather as Matt would get this and next weekend off as DU has a bye after UAA.

USA/Canada tomorrow night for the Gold!!!
                  If Donovan is healthy and not exhausted, I'd like to see him get some time on the PP, and some limited even strength action. If not on Friday night, then on Saturday. The World Junior tournament has likely done great things for his confidence, and I'd like to see that parlayed onto the ice at DU as soon as possible.

Comment

bump!!!
                    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                    Tom Serratore

Comment

Note in the Denver Post today says that Donovan may need some "decompression" time, but that it's mostly up to him how much he plays this weekend.

Comment

It would definitely be nice to see the Denver Cup win parlay into a strong second half. It certainly was the right way to start.

Comment

The Seawolves always play us hard, but I certainly don't expect a repeat of Saturday's result in Anchorage. This series is definitely "sweepable" for DU.

Here's to Matt Donovan, Jason Zucker and the rest of Team USA! Go for the gold tonight. Everyone is already proud of you.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Just a reminder you can send Team USA your message at : camerone@usahockey.org

The emails are posted in the team room.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              The Seawolves always play us hard, but I certainly don't expect a repeat of Saturday's result in Anchorage. This series is definitely "sweepable" for DU.

Here's to Matt Donovan, Jason Zucker and the rest of Team USA! Go for the gold tonight. Everyone is already proud of you.
                              I expect Chevy to play both games this weekend. I don't see Murray playing until maybe Mercyhurst or AFA in February.

Comment

Working...
                              X